View Full Version : paxil and vyvanse problems

oreganosis222
06-16-17, 07:00 PM
It's been awhile since I've posted on here, but I've been having a problem with taking vyvanse and paxil together. About a year ago I started trying antidepressants for depression, I wasn't on anything for my ADHD since nothing seems to work (anymore that is). After trying Prozac, Zoloft, and a long break since my doctor was gone, he came back late 2016, and this time I wanted to try Paxil, and decided I'd try vyvanse again, which had quit working a year before but I wanted to try protein with it, something I'm sure everyone on vyvanse has heard of or tried. Anyways, I got a prescription for 20mg of paxil and 40mg of vyvanse (my dose before I'd quit), I bought a tub of protein powder, since I can't eat with vyvanse, but it took me nearly till the end of my first prescription to actually try it, since I seriously doubted it would work. I finally tried it, but I had a plan to take, using the scooper it came with, a quarter scoop, at different times from taking the vyvanse, to find the best time and then adjust the amount. The first two days with the protein the actually seemed to work, not much but better than literally nothing, and timing didn't seem to matter, so I stuck to ten minutes afterwards. The third day I tried half a scoop, it worked even better, it was definitely helping, but it still didn't work too well, so after three days of that I tried a whole scoop but it was no more effective than half. I assumed that was all the help I would get from it. I went to see my doc and tell him the news, he agreed to keeping me on the vyvanse, but the paxil wasn't working, causing me unbelievable paranoia the first week on it. So I decided to try 30mg, which my doc agreed to also. Immediately on starting the paxil at 30mg the vyvanse didn't work at all, even with the protein. This made wonder if the paxil was why the protein only helped so much, so I decided to cold turkey the paxil to see how I would react, but the vyvanse still didn't work at all, so I assumed it might be withdrawals. So I decided to taper by 50%, and at 15mg, the first three days the vyvanse worked again, even better then when I was 20mg of paxil, proving to me that it was paxil. But after three days it stopped working again, it wouldn't be for two months I would find out why, something called a partial reinstatement, or something like that. Anyways, even after two months of "withdrawaling", it didn't work any better, it's been the same since, six months later, trying different ways to get off the paxil, but still nothing, except another partial reinstatement, I can't figure out why this is happening, I know antidepressants can block ADHD meds sometimes, but the withdrawal part doesn't make any sense, I've talked to my therapist, my doctor, and they don't know either. So I've come here to see if anyone can help solve this, I would really love for the vyvanse to work again, I couldn't believe the protein worked in the first place, and now I'm questioning whether it was real or a placebo...