View Full Version : New generic adderall xr

Sunshyne
06-21-17, 04:09 PM
Hi, I am seeking others opinion on this new generic adderall xr.
I have been on adderall both xr and ir for 20 years. January I decided to
stop everything. I did fine for about 5 months and then had to go back
on it. My doctor started me off at a low dose, 20mg xr. When I got it filled the manufacturer was Prasco, a name I had never heard before. I have read that they have taken over the generic from shire (which was Teva).
This adderall is like nothing I have ever experienced, not in a good way. I have had adderall that was very weak, didn't work.. but I have never had adderall that makes me feel brain dead, in a fog and very sad. It's more like a bad antidepressant. I'm wondering if any others have been given this generic and what their experience was. I don't even take it have the time because of how it makes me feel. I'm going to have to explore other options if this is all that is out there. I've checked with Rite Aid and Walgreens and this is what they are carrying now. If anyone knows of a different pharmacy where I can get the generic from any manufacturer other that Prasco, please let me know. This is seriously messing me up. Thank you in advance. 😕

Sunshyne
06-22-17, 05:07 PM
I haven't seen any posts or information on this new generic brand, on this forum or an extensive Google search. All I find is how this company (Prasco Pharm) has taken over the patent from Teva for the Shire company. Central California can't possibly be the only area where this generic is sold. Please, if anyone knows something regarding this, I haven't filled my perscription because I am holding out for a miracle. I have tried every generic out there, this doesn't come close to resembling Adderall xr... generic or brand. I apologize in advance for the redundancy, this is the first time I've posted in this forum. 😧

Sunshyne
06-26-17, 11:18 PM
I am not sure if I am posting incorrectly or what I need to do differently. My post is the only post that has gone completely unanswered. I think I asked a valid question, but maybe there is something I need to do differently. I would appreciate at least a little feedback, I'd like to be a part of this forum. I feel I have a lot to contribute, with 20 years experience with my diagnosis and different medications. I feel I could learn a lot too from everyone as well. Maybe it's just a newby thing, if so... that would be good to know, so I can find a different forum to be a part of. Thank you in advance. A post at least letting me know you can see me would be great. 😀

midnightstar
06-27-17, 11:35 AM
I don't know much about medications which is why I personally didn't reply, we can see your posts though and hopefully someone will be along shortly who can help :)

Lunacie
06-27-17, 02:48 PM
This thread from January might be what you're looking for ...

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183102

JustAHedgehog
06-28-17, 07:27 AM
I got the exact same manufacturer. It works well for me. way more effective that any IR tablet at least! (referring to my 20mg XR) best generic brand for XR so far

JustAHedgehog
06-28-17, 07:28 AM
manhattan kansas by the way

Sunshyne
07-09-17, 02:52 PM
Thank you for your response, I have no idea why
this generic is affecting me like this but it's good to hear it's not the manufacturer. I appreciate the positive feedback, I'm glad it's working out for you. :)

Never ends
07-14-17, 09:50 PM
on it. My doctor started me off at a low dose, 20mg xr. When I got it filled the manufacturer was Prasco, a name I had never heard before. I have read that they have taken over the generic from shire (which was Teva).
This adderall is like nothing I have ever experienced, not in a good way. I have had adderall that was very weak, didn't work.. but I have never had adderall that makes me feel brain dead, in a fog and very sad. It's more like a bad antidepressant. I'm wondering if any others have been given this generic and what their experience was. I don't even take it have the time because of how it makes me feel. I'm going to have to explore other options if this is all that is out there. I've checked with Rite Aid and Walgreens and this is what they are carrying now. If anyone knows of a different pharmacy where I can get the generic from any manufacturer other that Prasco, please let me know. This is seriously messing me up. Thank you in advance. 😕

I'm new to being prescribed adderall and new here, been doing some research as I've struggle with asbergers and ADHD since a kid and have put off treatment.

I just got prescribed the 15mg xr by the same generic company and I get the same feeling, I've taken adderall before (20 mg) name brand and never felt like this.

Not sure what to do about it myself.

MyAchillesheel
07-16-17, 07:34 PM
Never Ends please see my response to your post in the other area you commented about adderall nit working. Your problem is the Abilify is blicking your liver enzyme Cyp2d6 which is responsible for processing adderall/amphetamines. This is a common problem easily remedied.

MyAchillesheel
07-16-17, 07:54 PM
Sunshyne,

I just started the same version you are referring to and had to REDUCE the dose by removing between 1/4 to 1/3 of the beads from the capsule. You can save the beads in a small container like a cintact case for later consumption as you figure out the correct dose.

The Prasco is the authorized generic made by brand name Shire and in my opinion is stronger and a little smoother than what you are used to. It will work but it takes some reduction. I usually take 20 xr but niw take 15 xr if it's Prasco.

Sometimes when Adderall is too strong you won't feel it properly. Less is more with Adderall.

And furthermore you are not abusing your medication by opening the capsule and reducing the dosage. You are simply titrating DOWN to a lower dose that shoyld work much better for you.

They often open the capsules and sprinkle on applesauce for children who can't swallow pills.

I'm sure you can figure out how to do it.

Hopefully better more functional days are headed your way now...

However... Unless you are taking another medication that is plugging up your liver enzyme Cyp2d6, then no adderall will work correctly. Benadryl is a perfect example of a benign product fir allergies that will block that liver enzyme for 24 hours after a single dose.

Abilify, Benadryl, and many others. Just Google liver enzyme Cyp2d6 blocking medications.

Please excuse poor spelling and grammar. I'm using a new phone and tiny keybiard

Little Missy
07-16-17, 08:38 PM
I'm new to being prescribed adderall and new here, been doing some research as I've struggle with asbergers and ADHD since a kid and have put off treatment.

I just got prescribed the 15mg xr by the same generic company and I get the same feeling, I've taken adderall before (20 mg) name brand and never felt like this.

Not sure what to do about it myself.

The Abilify is the problem.

Never ends
07-17-17, 10:54 AM
The Abilify is the problem.

I read the post in the other thread from my Achilles heel, would have been nice to know before I started this med. at least I didn't wait around months to find out. Thanks for the help guys and gals. I'll be doing more reading and posting for sure.

pagarattencion
09-14-17, 07:15 PM

Just recently switched from Sandoz (CVS) to Prasco (Walgreens) for 30mg XR. Ive read good things about Prasco being the official generic for Shire.

Today is my first on the Prasco, and I too feel unfocused, foggy and generally tired. Im not sure if its because Im short on sleep (I am) but it just doesnt feel like i am on medication.

But yet again, this is the first dose. Ill give it a few more weeks before coming to a conclusion altho I dont ever recall feeling this "normal" on the Sandoz.

pagarattencion
09-15-17, 07:47 PM
I should also mention that this is in San Jose. More specifically the CVS on Blossom Hill and Snell

nanajoy
09-29-17, 06:50 PM

Oh my gosh, this is exactly what happened to me this month. PRASCO. YUCK. It is going to be a long 3 weeks!