View Full Version : How intense is an ADHD crush ?

userguide
06-22-17, 04:40 AM
I 've read somewhere here that ADHDers have very intense and often short-lived relationship dynamics. Apparently different than NTs'

I'd like to ask you how intense an ADHD crush is.

? ----------------------------------------------- ?? ??------------------------------------------------ ?
[normal crush] ----------------------< [ADHD crush]> -----------------------[ Big Time Love]

1 --------2--------- 3 ---------- 4---------- 5----------- 6--------- 7---------- 8---------- 9 ---------10

When you think about intensivity of your emotions, where would you put your ADHD crush on that scale ?

willow129
06-22-17, 06:49 AM
I've had 2 long relationships with NTs, but other than that - short-lived and intense. **sigh**

ToneTone
06-22-17, 11:17 AM
Wow, I think you're onto something ... but I need to think about ... I certainly have fallen for people far deeper and much faster ... than was appropriate ...

Tone

dvdnvwls
06-22-17, 01:12 PM
I've never been NT, so I don't know what that's like. I do think the image of an ADHD mind being like a race car with no brakes may be part of this though. As well as the fact that our emotions are not as tightly regulated as others' are.

Pilgrim
06-22-17, 08:45 PM
More intense cause your more sensitive.

Gypsy Willow
07-05-17, 05:16 PM
What is "NT"?

userguide
07-05-17, 05:38 PM
What is "NT"?

In this thread "not ADHD", otherwise "neurotypical"

sarahsweets
07-06-17, 03:08 AM
My relationships have always been intense, but I have been married for 21 years and we are still stupid-in love. I met my husband when I was 18, dated for a year and were engaged 1 month past 1 year. I knew he was the one.

Gypsy Willow
07-07-17, 01:22 PM
My relationships have always been intense, but I have been married for 21 years and we are still stupid-in love. I met my husband when I was 18, dated for a year and were engaged 1 month past 1 year. I knew he was the one.

I love reading stories like this!

userguide
07-07-17, 05:41 PM

You just broke my poll :):lol: