View Full Version : reading but still confused

doglover29
06-25-17, 04:02 PM
Hi, have been in a relationship for almost 2 years and can relate to everything here. I have a hard time with the lack of interest in sex, can someone shed some light on this?

sarahsweets
07-08-17, 04:27 PM
Hi, have been in a relationship for almost 2 years and can relate to everything here. I have a hard time with the lack of interest in sex, can someone shed some light on this?

You gave no details so I dont see how we can help you.

doglover29
07-08-17, 05:57 PM
sorry its just very on and off, lots of attention in the beginning but now strange bed time habits, staying up til 3 and 4 and sleeping til past noon. on weekends not for work.

ToneTone
07-10-17, 12:02 AM
Yeah, a lot of ADHD are night owls, including me. If I were follow my natural clock tendencies, I'd go to bed at 3 or 4 or 5 a.m.

I don't do that now ... like I did in grad school ... because I felt so disconnected from the rest of the world ... But ... if I stay up late say one night ... then it's so easy to keep staying up late ...

I'm not sure, though, that I see any connection between being a night owl and having a lack of interest in sex.

Say more if you will.

Tone

jokopsy
07-11-17, 05:00 AM
I always get the most texts or updates from my friend after 1 a.m. I thought it's just her habit to stay late. now I see. thanks for clarifying that. it's rather difficult to cope with this though, as I'm rarely out of bed after midnight

doglover29
07-11-17, 06:25 PM
me too, I used to go to bed by 10 and got into habit of staying up later to be with him. but now realize that my health is more important. I just go and sleep somewhere else which is not ideal but not sure what else to do

ginniebean
07-12-17, 01:32 PM
For me, staying up late has nothing to do with intimacy or sex. When it's late, all the demands from others cease. it was the only time I could relax and feel restful. There is

Having adhd is hard work, many processes that are unconsciously done by those without adhd have to be first understood and then consciously applied. This takes a tremendous amount of energy. Time alone was the only time I could replenish my energy.