View Full Version : Been on Desoxyn for 3.5 yeara

Desoxyn65
06-30-17, 04:14 AM
I've been prescribed Desoxyn for ADHD ontop of high functioning autism. Age 22, male, caucasian, weight is 138lb at 5'7". Starting dosage in January 2014 was 15mg (10mg morning, 5mg noon) - this was ontop of 10mg lexapro a day that after 3 months I had my doctor take me off of as it was no longer necessary with Desoxyn, raised to 20mg (10mg morning 10mg noon), raised to 25mg a day that November (10mg morning, 10mg noon, 5mg at 4pm) and it has remained 25mg a day ever since. Additionally, I was prescribed Desoxyn for 3 months back in 2013 due to the inability to find pharmacies with dexedrine - I took Adderall IR 20mg morning, Wellbutrin XR 300mg morning, desoxyn 5mg noon, desoxyn 5mg 4pm. I take the Mylan pharmaceuticals generic. I am prescribed no other medications. I take a time release B complex tablet and whey protein as supplements.

It is negative side effect free for me; positive side effects include a dramatic increase in endurance and significantly enhanced physical coordination and shortened reflex time. I do workout regularly and there is a strong synergetic effect with adrenaline. It is not abused. Compared to all other amphetamine based drugs it feels both the most medical and - at times - the most recreational but only during sustained physical exertion.

Medications tried:
Adderall IR&XR
Vyvanse
Dexedrine IR&Spansules
Ritalin IR
Concerta
Lexapro
Wellbutrin
Seroquel

Ask me anything.

InnerCircle
07-25-17, 06:59 PM
How would you compare Desoxyn to Concerta for motivation?

b3nault
09-11-17, 05:07 PM
I've been prescribed Desoxyn for ADHD ontop of high functioning autism. Age 22, male, caucasian, weight is 138lb at 5'7". Starting dosage in January 2014 was 15mg (10mg morning, 5mg noon) - this was ontop of 10mg lexapro a day that after 3 months I had my doctor take me off of as it was no longer necessary with Desoxyn, raised to 20mg (10mg morning 10mg noon), raised to 25mg a day that November (10mg morning, 10mg noon, 5mg at 4pm) and it has remained 25mg a day ever since. Additionally, I was prescribed Desoxyn for 3 months back in 2013 due to the inability to find pharmacies with dexedrine - I took Adderall IR 20mg morning, Wellbutrin XR 300mg morning, desoxyn 5mg noon, desoxyn 5mg 4pm. I take the Mylan pharmaceuticals generic. I am prescribed no other medications. I take a time release B complex tablet and whey protein as supplements.

It is negative side effect free for me; positive side effects include a dramatic increase in endurance and significantly enhanced physical coordination and shortened reflex time. I do workout regularly and there is a strong synergetic effect with adrenaline. It is not abused. Compared to all other amphetamine based drugs it feels both the most medical and - at times - the most recreational but only during sustained physical exertion.

Medications tried:
Adderall IR&XR
Vyvanse
Dexedrine IR&Spansules
Ritalin IR
Concerta
Lexapro
Wellbutrin
Seroquel

Ask me anything.

Is the Mylan version the only manufacturer you've tried? I have taken Mylan and Mayne in the past, and prefer Mylan over Mayne. I really only experienced negative side effects with the Mayne version (paranoid, increased agitation).

Still curious about Brand Desoxyn efficacy with me, but I just read here that brand formula has changed and is no longer good. :-/

Princess_Slayer
09-15-17, 01:25 PM

Medications tried:
Adderall IR&XR
Vyvanse
Dexedrine IR&Spansules
Ritalin IR
Concerta
Lexapro
Wellbutrin
Seroquel

Ask me anything.

Which amphetamine drug has helped you most in terms of being able to stay focused and concentrated with tasks for a longer period?