View Full Version : Been on Desoxyn for 3.5 yeara

Desoxyn65
06-30-17, 04:14 AM
I've been prescribed Desoxyn for ADHD ontop of high functioning autism. Age 22, male, caucasian, weight is 138lb at 5'7". Starting dosage in January 2014 was 15mg (10mg morning, 5mg noon) - this was ontop of 10mg lexapro a day that after 3 months I had my doctor take me off of as it was no longer necessary with Desoxyn, raised to 20mg (10mg morning 10mg noon), raised to 25mg a day that November (10mg morning, 10mg noon, 5mg at 4pm) and it has remained 25mg a day ever since. Additionally, I was prescribed Desoxyn for 3 months back in 2013 due to the inability to find pharmacies with dexedrine - I took Adderall IR 20mg morning, Wellbutrin XR 300mg morning, desoxyn 5mg noon, desoxyn 5mg 4pm. I take the Mylan pharmaceuticals generic. I am prescribed no other medications. I take a time release B complex tablet and whey protein as supplements.

It is negative side effect free for me; positive side effects include a dramatic increase in endurance and significantly enhanced physical coordination and shortened reflex time. I do workout regularly and there is a strong synergetic effect with adrenaline. It is not abused. Compared to all other amphetamine based drugs it feels both the most medical and - at times - the most recreational but only during sustained physical exertion.

Medications tried:
Adderall IR&XR
Vyvanse
Dexedrine IR&Spansules
Ritalin IR
Concerta
Lexapro
Wellbutrin
Seroquel

Ask me anything.

InnerCircle
07-25-17, 06:59 PM
How would you compare Desoxyn to Concerta for motivation?

b3nault
09-11-17, 05:07 PM
I've been prescribed Desoxyn for ADHD ontop of high functioning autism. Age 22, male, caucasian, weight is 138lb at 5'7". Starting dosage in January 2014 was 15mg (10mg morning, 5mg noon) - this was ontop of 10mg lexapro a day that after 3 months I had my doctor take me off of as it was no longer necessary with Desoxyn, raised to 20mg (10mg morning 10mg noon), raised to 25mg a day that November (10mg morning, 10mg noon, 5mg at 4pm) and it has remained 25mg a day ever since. Additionally, I was prescribed Desoxyn for 3 months back in 2013 due to the inability to find pharmacies with dexedrine - I took Adderall IR 20mg morning, Wellbutrin XR 300mg morning, desoxyn 5mg noon, desoxyn 5mg 4pm. I take the Mylan pharmaceuticals generic. I am prescribed no other medications. I take a time release B complex tablet and whey protein as supplements.

It is negative side effect free for me; positive side effects include a dramatic increase in endurance and significantly enhanced physical coordination and shortened reflex time. I do workout regularly and there is a strong synergetic effect with adrenaline. It is not abused. Compared to all other amphetamine based drugs it feels both the most medical and - at times - the most recreational but only during sustained physical exertion.

Medications tried:
Adderall IR&XR
Vyvanse
Dexedrine IR&Spansules
Ritalin IR
Concerta
Lexapro
Wellbutrin
Seroquel

Ask me anything.

Is the Mylan version the only manufacturer you've tried? I have taken Mylan and Mayne in the past, and prefer Mylan over Mayne. I really only experienced negative side effects with the Mayne version (paranoid, increased agitation).

Still curious about Brand Desoxyn efficacy with me, but I just read here that brand formula has changed and is no longer good. :-/

Princess_Slayer
09-15-17, 01:25 PM

Medications tried:
Adderall IR&XR
Vyvanse
Dexedrine IR&Spansules
Ritalin IR
Concerta
Lexapro
Wellbutrin
Seroquel

Ask me anything.

Which amphetamine drug has helped you most in terms of being able to stay focused and concentrated with tasks for a longer period?

relax21
01-18-18, 12:37 AM
I’ve been prescribed Desoxyn for 8 years. As long as you take it as prescribed at therapeutic doses you should experience beneficial ADHD symptom control/relief and minimal side effects. Additionally, I personally haven’t noticed any drug tolerance after 8 years of daily use 25 mg daily divided. Works just as well (if not even better) than it did on day one. I’ve been prescribed brand & generic under multiple manufacturers (as the drug tends to change hands throughout the years).

Overall, consistent daily use long term of this medication has proven beneficial to me in coping with my ADHD in all areas of my life. A+ in my opinion.

elite242lbs
01-29-18, 08:55 AM
Iíve recently encountered problems filling my prescription for generic Desoxyn. It seems as they say, out of stock and the manufacture doesnít seem to give a date when it will be stocking the mail order pharmacy again. Just wanted to know if anyone was in as similar situation?

sarahsweets
01-29-18, 09:27 AM
Iíve recently encountered problems filling my prescription for generic Desoxyn. It seems as they say, out of stock and the manufacture doesnít seem to give a date when it will be stocking the mail order pharmacy again. Just wanted to know if anyone was in as similar situation?

My understanding is most doctor's are hesitant to prescribe this unless every single other option has been explored and even then some wont. Because of that I would imagine the supply is fairly low due to less demand.

elite242lbs
01-29-18, 06:20 PM
My understanding is most doctor's are hesitant to prescribe this unless every single other option has been explored and even then some wont. Because of that I would imagine the supply is fairly low due to less demand.

Hi, yes I understood that. Iíve only had succes filling this script at my local Walmart and with prime therapeutics for all of last year and now I had Walgreens mail order fill a 30 day supply end of last year but now they tried to fill my 90 day supply without success. They say they only had 78 pills left and were trying to restock but manufacturer was not providing them with a date where they would fill this medication again. Now Iím on vyvanse 60mg which surprisingly my insurance approved the PA. Iím trying to make it work for the ease of filling at any local pharmacy but do miss Desoxyn. My mood on Vyvanse doesnít seem to be very good.