View Full Version : Blood pressure medication with Dexamphetamine

agdp01
07-01-17, 06:12 AM
I've been on Dexamphetamine for nearly 2 months now and as I've always had prehypertension my doctor has put me on a low dose of perindopril arginine to reduce my blood pressure and also stop any potential increase from the Dex.
As it turns out Dexamphetamine did increase my blood pressure so I've gone from 2.5mg of perindopril arginine to 5mg per day.
I just wanted to check if this is the best blood pressure med to take while on Dexamphetamine?
Also, I take this first thing in the morning and was wondering if it would be better to take before bed, that way I'm not mixing it with Dex?

sarahsweets
07-02-17, 07:25 AM
I dont know if anyone of us can say you are on then right medications. There are a few different classes of BP meds. Off the top of my head there are alpha agonists, beta blockers, ach inhibitors probably others.

Little Nut
07-02-17, 11:51 AM
ag, All good questions, but best answered by your Doc(s). Is/are your Doc/Docs OK with the bump in your BP med and the control it is giving you? If you're happy with your ADHD and BP treatment and all of your Docs are, I'd call it good. -LN