View Full Version : taking too much vyanse

donio95
07-01-17, 08:53 AM
background: i'm 24 years old, student at university, before vyvanse i tried retalin , concerta, focalin adderall and nothing work i have in attentive adhd

i take 70 mg twice a day, it give me 12-14 hours, usually i study all day long ( my academic title very hard), and when i'm going out i take another 50 mg.
i am afraid that it's too much and i hurt myself( i almost don't drink, don't smoke ) and will get tolerance until vyvanse will stop working.
but if i don't take it i become very cloudy, anxious with people, cant look to my friends to the eye and listen to a story, my thought running from one to another so i cant enjoy company.
i thought maybe to try to add wellbutrin to cover all day long, what do you think? or what can i do?
it's very important to me mentally go out sometime, only study/ working without seeing friends is very hard.

sarahsweets
07-01-17, 09:41 AM
What is the dose and frequency your doctor has prescribed?

donio95
07-01-17, 10:14 AM
70 mg twice a day

Lunacie
07-01-17, 01:38 PM
70 mg twice a day

Are you actually able to sleep after taking that dose twice in one day? :eyebrow:

It's more common to add a small booster dose of IR, such as Adderall, if longer
coverage is needed.

donio95
07-01-17, 01:47 PM
Is it a lot? And sometime it take me time to fall s sleep but after 1 hour i'm sleeping.. vyvanse work only 6-7 hours for me

sarahsweets
07-02-17, 07:33 AM
Well the 70 twice a day is I *think* the highest most doctors will go. But you said you take an extra 50 before going out. So that is med misuse/abuse, and here in the US its illegal. They are very controlled medications and its situations like these that make doctors hesitant to treat adhd appropriately with stimulants. Doctors fear looking like the are overprescribing, but with the DEA up their butts they dont want to seem like they are prescribing them for the wrong diagnosis' or not keeping them out of the illegal party drug pool. When you take more than prescribed you may think that its no big deal and that nobody will know, and that may be true.
But its when you get caught because you asked for an early refill, have instances of "lost,stolen meds" or you share your prescription with others, that doctors freak out and in turn feel unsafe prescribing them. They do not want to look like they cant stay on top of their patients- and an ego is a terrible thing to battle.

donio95
07-02-17, 09:04 AM
I'm not in usa here my doc not sure what amphetamin is. But it's not that i want to abuse it/hurt myself, i want to treat my adhd, that why i am asking here.
What to you think about taking welbutrin instead vyvanse? Or maybe wrlbutrin+ 30 vyvanse?
And is another 50 is danegerous? Should i stop do that? And what other people with social anxious, adhd do when they want to go out?

Emre22
07-02-17, 10:03 AM
I'm not in usa here my doc not sure what amphetamin is. But it's not that i want to abuse it/hurt myself, i want to treat my adhd, that why i am asking here.
What to you think about taking welbutrin instead vyvanse? Or maybe wrlbutrin+ 30 vyvanse?
And is another 50 is danegerous? Should i stop do that? And what other people with social anxious, adhd do when they want to go out?

i dont have experience with vyanse but you shouldnt handle social anxiety with stimulants , you should add another medicine to your prescription

I understod you are looking for a quick solution when u go out

So mood-brighteners or other anxiolytic drugs may help you , also anti-depressants would help.

I am using stablon and it helps me a lot to reduce my OCD and depression

But i would suggest Survector if you have it in Israel , because it is far better than Stablon

Survector(Amineptine)
Stablon(Tianeptine)

You cant compare wellbutrin with vyanse ( I used wellbutrin) ;

I am currently using concerta as stimulant for ADHD .

Emre22
07-02-17, 10:05 AM

Amphetamine is what you are taking

There is a class of drugs called Amphetamines.

Vyanse,Adderall,Desoxyn,Dexedrine etc.

All of them are classified as amphetamines

donio95
07-02-17, 10:53 AM
Im don't think i have depression, i think that iam anxious because i'm very cloudy and i feel it look strange (when i'm of med) what is it stablon? By the way retalin dont work for me ( i think it because i'm inattentive)

Emre22
07-02-17, 11:45 AM
Im don't think i have depression, i think that iam anxious because i'm very cloudy and i feel it look strange (when i'm of med) what is it stablon? By the way retalin dont work for me ( i think it because i'm inattentive)

i havent said that u have depression

wellbutrin is an antidepressant (NDRI)

antidepressants are prescripted for anxiety disorders(social anxiety,generalized anxiety disorder,obsessive compulsive disorder)

anti-depressants are not only prescripted for depression.

donio95
07-02-17, 11:58 AM
So do u recommend to ask my doc about survector or stablon or wellbutrin? And to take one of them with vyvanse?
Should i reduce dose? Is it influence focus too?

Emre22
07-02-17, 01:06 PM
So do u recommend to ask my doc about survector or stablon or wellbutrin? And to take one of them with vyvanse?
Should i reduce dose? Is it influence focus too?

i cant give you any advice on dosage of vyanse because i have never used it in my life.

But i can suggest you to use stablon or survector , if you are looking for quick solution for social anxiety

donio95
07-02-17, 01:10 PM
My doc offered me welbutrin, that why i asked about it is it the same like stablon?

Emre22
07-02-17, 01:32 PM
My doc offered me welbutrin, that why i asked about it is it the same like stablon?

well, i think stablon/survector would be far better than wellbutrin if it comes to social anxiety

it is only my opinion , you should discuss with your doctor so he can decide which one is best for you

mcdisney
07-08-17, 07:21 PM
So that is med misuse/abuse, and here in the US its illegal.

Hi! You're absolutely right, and I agree with you completely. I'm just not sure it's the most helpful way to respond to someone genuinely asking for help and advice. If members are afraid of being judged or accused, they might not use forums like this to reach out for the help they need. :):):)

sarahsweets
07-08-17, 07:25 PM
Hi! You're absolutely right, and I agree with you completely. I'm just not sure it's the most helpful way to respond to someone genuinely asking for help and advice. If members are afraid of being judged or accused, they might not use forums like this to reach out for the help they need. :):):)

If you read through the thread you will see that the OP is getting some answers and help. Bringing up med misuse or abuse isnt meant to be helpful- its a reminder of the ramifications of med misuse.

mcdisney
07-08-17, 07:48 PM
And what other people with social anxious, adhd do when they want to go out?

Hi! For the past two months, I've taken Vyvanse for my ADHD, but I also suffer from several types of anxiety. Anxiety disorders are treated separately from ADHD.

I took Wellbutrin for my anxiety for two years. It helped, but I still had a lot of breakthrough anxiety. I've taken a low dose of Lexapro for the past four years, and it works well for me. I still struggle with making myself go out and socialize, but I no longer have panic attacks over it. There are many different meds for anxiety; I would talk to your doctor about your symptoms and see what they recommend.

Most people don't know that anxiety disorders don't look the way you think they will. Many symptoms of anxiety have nothing to do with freaking out, breathing heavy, or crying uncontrollably. Anxiety often manifests itself as avoidance, dread, social difficulties, and indecisiveness. Sometimes, I can't tell the difference between anxiety and depression.

Without knowing more about why you avoid social situations, I can't know if you're suffering from an anxiety disorder, but it's worth looking into. You might be trying to treat two separate conditions with one medication.

"What Is General Anxiety Disorder (GAD)?" (https://www.printfriendly.com/print?source=homepage&url_s=uGGC_%7E_PdN_%7E_PcS_%7E_PcSnAKvrGLArGJBExmp Bz_%7E_PcSpBAGrAG_%7E_PcSJunG-vF-trArEnyvMrq-nAKvrGL) by Thomas Richards

"What Is It Like to Live With Social Anxiety?" (https://www.printfriendly.com/print?source=homepage&url_s=uGGCF_%7E_PdN_%7E_PcS_%7E_PcSFBpvnynAKvrGLvA FGvGHGrmBEt_%7E_PcSyvIvAt-JvGu-FBpvny-nAKvrGL) by Thomas Richards

sarahsweets
07-09-17, 05:51 AM

Another thing.. I am not judging or accusing, I am addressing something the op has already talked about and is more like a fact rather than a theory.

D WoodIce
07-23-17, 05:28 PM
There is in fact no maximum legal dosage.

70+70+50 Vyvanse = 55mg Dexamphetamine

the generally accepted max SAFE daily dosage of dexamphetamine is 60mg a day but that is a high dose.

What the OP needs to take into account is that too much Dex can make your ADD symptoms WORSE rather than better;

and that taking it EVERY day is not a good long term solution.
3 days on and 1 day off is way better for your body and the long term health of your brain/heart.

What country are you in OP?

D WoodIce
07-23-17, 05:38 PM
as a note I would recommend Mirtazapine over Wellbutrin.
WAY less side effects as in ZERO except feeling a bit sleepy, which at night is perfect.

Just 15mg Mirtazapine has helped me get my dosage down from 40/50mg Dex a day to 15 mg Dex a day.

sarahsweets
07-24-17, 04:54 AM
and that taking it EVERY day is not a good long term solution.

3 days on and 1 day off is way better for your body and the long term health of your brain/heart.

What country are you in OP?

Taking it everyday IS a perfectly fine solution. These meds are prescribed for daily use and there is no evidence that taking them everyday is harmful as opposed to skipping days.

someothertime
07-24-17, 08:22 PM
Dear fellow members;

The OP in the thread is primarily seeking advice on altering / changing medication so that anxiety is reduced.

It is a discussion about how a PERSON can negate adverse effects.

There have been some good suggestions with regard to alternative medications, counteractions, etc..... so keep them coming.