View Full Version : Am I suffering from ADHD ?

reLIFE
07-03-17, 01:42 PM
Hello Everyone. I'm having a long time suffering from distraction. Since at a very early age, I feel distracted from the stuffs I really wanted to do.

During my childhood, I used to hop from one activity to another. Initially, I show an over-enthusiasm in the activities I always wanted to do. I plan for it and overthink that how it is going
to be cool when I execute things as per the plan. But when it comes to do that very thing, I feel bored of that much awaited activity even after just an exposure of 5 minutes. I give up that activity altogether and switch to the next thing. One such example is Cricket, game I used to love a lot. I practiced the techniques in the backyard of my house. But, later I lost my interest in the actual match. I wanted to escape of cricket. I don't know why.

I had performed very well during my early school days. I wasn't a regular reader of the books. I found it a hard time to enable to grasp anything in the book. I just stare at them for 3-4 hours and able to read only 5-6 pages in that time duration. I tried to motivate myself to regular study. But, that has never happened. But when the exams come close then all of a sudden, I feel adrenaline surges in my body and a genuine urge to study. Suddenly, I started feeling my reading abilities sky-rocketing. I was able to grasp more out of those same books which I was unable to do during non-exam days. I used to have the highest marks in all subjects during my pre-high school days. My friends used to say that I'm gifted to have an exceptional IQ. But, I know all this is the result of my last time fighting with myself to study. It wasn't because I had laser sharp focus but because of the pen-ultimate coping mechanism I instilled in myself at the very close of exam's arrival.That urge to study seem to be vanished in normal days. I wasn't gifted. I was frustrated.

I always tried to be determined to push myself to regular study to avoid much burden during the exams. I was never successful in doing so. I always found myself clinging to that last hour reading to be able to achieve anything out of it. My attempts to motivate myself seem to have no effect on me.

My last time forcing myself seem to work till the high school. After that this last time adrenaline surges weren't able to sail me safely through those increasing burden of courses. It wasn't because I was intimidated by the tough course but because of my failure to be focused daily. I ended up achieving average. I knew I could have done more than that. I was not living upto my full-potential.

I'm an introvert. But, I'm sure I've seem more cheerful introverts in my life. I always wondered why I couldn't be like them. My social skills are not something I should feel proud of. I couldn't pick up those verbal, non-verbal and any kind of cues which other humans around me make. I couldn't distinguish between a praise and flattery. Criticism makes me broken from inside. I seem to have a sponge-type brain which absorbs every comment from everyone around me without having any kind of filter which any normal individual have.

I was always disorganized. I always find it a hard time to clean and organize my room. I have a hard time keeping up with the current trends of fashion. I seem to have lost in my own world and don't know how this world works. I always wanted to work on my fitness. But, I couldn't do that. I feel distracted and come with another logic. Feeling hopeless, sometimes I spent all my day watching television. I wanted to escape from reality and lost in that virtual world. I shifted from channels to channels without staying at any TV show for a considerable time and at the end leave myself exhausted.

Currently, I'm in college. I always wanted to get admitted to top class institutions in my country. But, now I'm compromising with an average college. I know I don't belong here. I haven't lost hope. I want to improve the quality of my life and thats why I'm making this post.. I can see opportunities awaiting me. But it takes more systematic effort when my past consisted of a long array of failure and frustrations. Some of my school friends have gone a lot ahead of me in their lives. No, I'm not jealous. I'm just trying to emphasize my own short-comings. That forces me think that something needs to be changed to improve my life. I'm sorry to have such a long post. But, honestly I cannot decide what to leave.

Hyper-focus made me research through google. I wanted an answer about what this is all about. I sailed from topics like social anxiety, productivity tools, motivational book and blogs, speed-reading courses, to-do lists etc. Finally, I knew about ADHD about 3-4 months ago and its influence in the impairment of executive functions. Yes, it took me 3-4 months to come up with this post. I was avoiding and procrastinating. Now, I want to end this streak of frustration and inactivity and want to do something to make my life worth remembering. I do not want to regret later in my life that why I didn't taken steps to get over my condition today.

I know a professional would be better to help me. But, I want to have opinions from some individuals who are facing this and their coping mechanisms. Since, ADHD is not just reduced by medications. It has a full-impact on any individual's life. It tests sufferer's patience and challenges his spiritual viewpoint. Thus, I'm looking for those priceless advice from those actual people who've learned to live beyond ADHD. But before that I want to ask : Does everything I've written looks like ADHD ?

Emre22
07-03-17, 02:29 PM
Hello Everyone. I'm having a long time suffering from distraction. Since at a very early age, I feel distracted from the stuffs I really wanted to do.

During my childhood, I used to hop from one activity to another. Initially, I show an over-enthusiasm in the activities I always wanted to do. I plan for it and overthink that how it is going
to be cool when I execute things as per the plan. But when it comes to do that very thing, I feel bored of that much awaited activity even after just an exposure of 5 minutes. I give up that activity altogether and switch to the next thing. One such example is Cricket, game I used to love a lot. I practiced the techniques in the backyard of my house. But, later I lost my interest in the actual match. I wanted to escape of cricket. I don't know why.

I had performed very well during my early school days. I wasn't a regular reader of the books. I found it a hard time to enable to grasp anything in the book. I just stare at them for 3-4 hours and able to read only 5-6 pages in that time duration. I tried to motivate myself to regular study. But, that has never happened. But when the exams come close then all of a sudden, I feel adrenaline surges in my body and a genuine urge to study. Suddenly, I started feeling my reading abilities sky-rocketing. I was able to grasp more out of those same books which I was unable to do during non-exam days. I used to have the highest marks in all subjects during my pre-high school days. My friends used to say that I'm gifted to have an exceptional IQ. But, I know all this is the result of my last time fighting with myself to study. It wasn't because I had laser sharp focus but because of the pen-ultimate coping mechanism I instilled in myself at the very close of exam's arrival.That urge to study seem to be vanished in normal days. I wasn't gifted. I was frustrated.

I always tried to be determined to push myself to regular study to avoid much burden during the exams. I was never successful in doing so. I always found myself clinging to that last hour reading to be able to achieve anything out of it. My attempts to motivate myself seem to have no effect on me.

My last time forcing myself seem to work till the high school. After that this last time adrenaline surges weren't able to sail me safely through those increasing burden of courses. It wasn't because I was intimidated by the tough course but because of my failure to be focused daily. I ended up achieving average. I knew I could have done more than that. I was not living upto my full-potential.

I'm an introvert. But, I'm sure I've seem more cheerful introverts in my life. I always wondered why I couldn't be like them. My social skills are not something I should feel proud of. I couldn't pick up those verbal, non-verbal and any kind of cues which other humans around me make. I couldn't distinguish between a praise and flattery. Criticism makes me broken from inside. I seem to have a sponge-type brain which absorbs every comment from everyone around me without having any kind of filter which any normal individual have.

I was always disorganized. I always find it a hard time to clean and organize my room. I have a hard time keeping up with the current trends of fashion. I seem to have lost in my own world and don't know how this world works. I always wanted to work on my fitness. But, I couldn't do that. I feel distracted and come with another logic. Feeling hopeless, sometimes I spent all my day watching television. I wanted to escape from reality and lost in that virtual world. I shifted from channels to channels without staying at any TV show for a considerable time and at the end leave myself exhausted.

Currently, I'm in college. I always wanted to get admitted to top class institutions in my country. But, now I'm compromising with an average college. I know I don't belong here. I haven't lost hope. I want to improve the quality of my life and thats why I'm making this post.. I can see opportunities awaiting me. But it takes more systematic effort when my past consisted of a long array of failure and frustrations. Some of my school friends have gone a lot ahead of me in their lives. No, I'm not jealous. I'm just trying to emphasize my own short-comings. That forces me think that something needs to be changed to improve my life. I'm sorry to have such a long post. But, honestly I cannot decide what to leave.

Hyper-focus made me research through google. I wanted an answer about what this is all about. I sailed from topics like social anxiety, productivity tools, motivational book and blogs, speed-reading courses, to-do lists etc. Finally, I knew about ADHD about 3-4 months ago and its influence in the impairment of executive functions. Yes, it took me 3-4 months to come up with this post. I was avoiding and procrastinating. Now, I want to end this streak of frustration and inactivity and want to do something to make my life worth remembering. I do not want to regret later in my life that why I didn't taken steps to get over my condition today.

I know a professional would be better to help me. But, I want to have opinions from some individuals who are facing this and their coping mechanisms. Since, ADHD is not just reduced by medications. It has a full-impact on any individual's life. It tests sufferer's patience and challenges his spiritual viewpoint. Thus, I'm looking for those priceless advice from those actual people who've learned to live beyond ADHD. But before that I want to ask : Does everything I've written looks like ADHD ?

I had similar situation like yours ,

If you can find my topic, you can read it i have written quite long text.

In order to do not bore you now, I can say that yes it seems like ADHD

I am from thirld world too , you arent alone

sarahsweets
07-04-17, 12:08 PM

What other childhood symptoms did you have?

I had performed very well during my early school days. I wasn't a regular reader of the books. I found it a hard time to enable to grasp anything in the book. I just stare at them for 3-4 hours and able to read only 5-6 pages in that time duration. I tried to motivate myself to regular study. But, that has never happened. But when the exams come close then all of a sudden, I feel adrenaline surges in my body and a genuine urge to study. Suddenly, I started feeling my reading abilities sky-rocketing.

I was able to grasp more out of those same books which I was unable to do during non-exam days. I used to have the highest marks in all subjects during my pre-high school days. My friends used to say that I'm gifted to have an exceptional IQ. But, I know all this is the result of my last time fighting with myself to study. It wasn't because I had laser sharp focus but because of the pen-ultimate coping mechanism I instilled in myself at the very close of exam's arrival.That urge to study seem to be vanished in normal days. I wasn't gifted. I was frustrated.[/quote]
Last minute stuff often helps us focus because of the pressure.

Currently, I'm in college. I always wanted to get admitted to top class institutions in my country. But, now I'm compromising with an average college.
Any college is an achievement for some of us. I would recommend not looking at it as a compromise.

Some of my school friends have gone a lot ahead of me in their lives. No, I'm not jealous. I'm just trying to emphasize my own short-comings. That forces me think that something needs to be changed to improve my life. I'm sorry to have such a long post. But, honestly I cannot decide what to leave.

Dont compare yourself to anyone. It serves no useful purpose. Its bad for your self esteem.

reLIFE
07-04-17, 01:32 PM
What other childhood symptoms did you have?

I often lost things like notebook and other equipment at school. I remember my mother buying me a new notebook every 3-4 days or so.

At times I used to talk very fast but other times I stuttered while speaking. I feel really happy on some occasions whereas after just a matter of small instant I feel really sad and staring at some infinite point in space.

It was a hard time for me to manage my anger. I had a quick temper. I had a habit of fidgeting. I act before thinking and then felt sorry for that action.

I couldn't wait for my turn in any of the group activity. I feel patience was missing in me.

My school teacher often used to complaint to my parents that she thinks I'm under some sort of chronic depression as my facial expression is always like that, never showed interest in her class. According to her if I'm competent enough to score good in exams then why I'm having a hard time in focusing in class. I seem not to pay any attention while she is teaching.

Also, I seem to work great under more simple instructions about doing anything ( completing homework, assignments, projects etc ) . I couldn't comprehend detailed instructions easily.

Dont compare yourself to anyone. It serves no useful purpose. Its bad for your self esteem.

Thank you for these positive words.

I had similar situation like yours ,
If you can find my topic, you can read it i have written quite long text.

Yes. I've read your topic. And found similar symptoms in me. I'm also a perfectionist.

In order to do not bore you now, I can say that yes it seems like ADHD

Thank you for coming up with this.

I am from thirld world too , you arent alone

This prompts me to ask you something very important for me. How was it for you to go for ADHD treatment in a third world country. I'm asking this because in India, people simply do not believe in the concept of ADHD. They say "We cannot have ADHD because we meditate instead". So, I'm wondering that how I should go on a quest to find a knowledgeable psychiatrist/psychologist who really can help me. How can I recognize that diagnosis and treatment processes they're offering are the standard ADHD treatment and not bluff ?

Emre22
07-04-17, 02:10 PM
I often lost things like notebook and other equipment at school. I remember my mother buying me a new notebook every 3-4 days or so.

At times I used to talk very fast but other times I stuttered while speaking. I feel really happy on some occasions whereas after just a matter of small instant I feel really sad and staring at some infinite point in space.

It was a hard time for me to manage my anger. I had a quick temper. I had a habit of fidgeting. I act before thinking and then felt sorry for that action.

I couldn't wait for my turn in any of the group activity. I feel patience was missing in me.

My school teacher often used to complaint to my parents that she thinks I'm under some sort of chronic depression as my facial expression is always like that, never showed interest in her class. According to her if I'm competent enough to score good in exams then why I'm having a hard time in focusing in class. I seem not to pay any attention while she is teaching.

Also, I seem to work great under more simple instructions about doing anything ( completing homework, assignments, projects etc ) . I couldn't comprehend detailed instructions easily.

Thank you for these positive words.

Yes. I've read your topic. And found similar symptoms in me. I'm also a perfectionist.

Thank you for coming up with this.

This prompts me to ask you something very important for me. How was it for you to go for ADHD treatment in a third world country. I'm asking this because in India, people simply do not believe in the concept of ADHD. They say "We cannot have ADHD because we meditate instead". So, I'm wondering that how I should go on a quest to find a knowledgeable psychiatrist/psychologist who really can help me. How can I recognize that diagnosis and treatment processes they're offering are the standard ADHD treatment and not bluff ?

Here public thinks that all chemicals are bad, everything is better if it comes from nature. So full of ***** people and you cant make them agree anything . Doctors do not want to prespcribe medications because of fear of abusement. But few professionals who do their job properly, they help people ( thanks to my psychatrist, if he didnt i could be dead now probably suicided long time ago)

We only have few medicine for ADHD treatment

Ritalin 10mg

Concerta 18-72mg

Medikinet (5-40mg)

Atomoxetine( many brand names)

In general we only have, atomoxetine and methylphenidate here.

There are no amphetamines here

I always hated my country for many reasons, i always hated living here with these people

I have another reason to hate them and it isnt only one

we do not have amphetamines here

Your situation is worse than mine , they do not accept concept of ADHD even

"Normal people think that our brain works like them , just we do not spent enough effort"

you can't make them understand anything,

When i leave this country, i will never miss here .

Emre22
07-04-17, 02:14 PM
We have similar symptoms, if your doctor doesnt prespcribe any kind of substance for ADHD
Then it means that doctor is useless so simple

Fuzzy12
07-04-17, 03:30 PM
Your experience in school sounds very similar to mine. I used to do the last minute studying, pulling all nighters before exams as well. It works but it's hugely stressful and like you said you can't perform your best this way.

The only way forward is to really contact a psychiatrist wh˛ knows his stuff. At least when it comes to adhd. You might need to see several psychiatrists till 6p7 gind one experienced enough in adhd. Keep an open mind though. I could also he something else. Lots of things share symptoms with adhd eg depression.

It's definitely worth getting checked out. Yes adhd affects every aspect of life but I was gob smacked by how many previously defective aspects of my life medication fixed. You need both I think. Meds and behavioural strategies.

If you browse this site you'll find lots of tips ajd tricks for every problem under the sun. Or else just make a post on the particular things you are struggling with and then people can share what has helped them.

reLIFE
07-06-17, 01:46 PM
We only have few medicine for ADHD treatment

Ritalin 10mg

Concerta 18-72mg

Medikinet (5-40mg)

Atomoxetine( many brand names)

In general we only have, atomoxetine and methylphenidate here.

There are no amphetamines here

Thank you for this list.

We have similar symptoms, if your doctor doesnt prespcribe any kind of substance for ADHD
Then it means that doctor is useless so simple

That's why I'm preparing myself first to find a knowledgeable psychiatrist in a relatively ignorant country of mine.

Keep an open mind though. I could also he something else. Lots of things share symptoms with adhd eg depression.

Yes. That's why I'm educating myself more about ADHD. Although, I've a plethora of descriptions ( all of which is hard to express ) seeming nothing else other than ADHD itself, I'm open to other options as well. But you know, as I open other options for me and get focused about knowing those exact answers. These seem like a distraction leading to another hyper-focused research which begins by opening 10-11 tabs in the browser only to leave me exhausted. This makes me take a U-Turn back to ADHD primarily at the end of the day.

I was gob smacked by how many previously defective aspects of my life medication fixed. You need both I think. Meds and behavioural strategies.

I would consider both.

If you browse this site you'll find lots of tips ajd tricks for every problem under the sun. Or else just make a post on the particular things you are struggling with and then people can share what has helped them.

And that's something which motivates me. When I'm seeing people trying to cope with something I'm facing as well, it reminds me that I'm not alone and I can learn from other's experiences.

Fuzzy12
07-06-17, 02:51 PM
Thank you for this list.

That's why I'm preparing myself first to find a knowledgeable psychiatrist in a relatively ignorant country of mine.

Yes. That's why I'm educating myself more about ADHD. Although, I've a plethora of descriptions ( all of which is hard to express ) seeming nothing else other than ADHD itself, I'm open to other options as well. But you know, as I open other options for me and get focused about knowing those exact answers. These seem like a distraction leading to another hyper-focused research which begins by opening 10-11 tabs in the browser only to leave me exhausted. This makes me take a U-Turn back to ADHD primarily at the end of the day.

I would consider both.

And that's something which motivates me. When I'm seeing people trying to cope with something I'm facing as well, it reminds me that I'm not alone and I can learn from other's experiences.

I think the key is to try as many different things as possible till something works. A lot of the behavioural strategies I used (such as reminders) worked only in particular situations and some only worked for a while so I had to keep trying out new things.

Regarding wasting time trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with you....I've been there and I was diagnosed with all kinds of crap before anyone even considered adhd.

If I remember right I think you said you are in college so you don't have a lot of time to waste. I'd focus on

1. Making an appointment with a psychiatrist. Let them do the work of figuring out what's wrong with you. If you feel they aren't listening to you or have misconceptions about adhd (which many do) then see someone else.

2. Testing and trialling behavioural strategies that help you RIGHT NOW.

Don't wait for you to first figure out if you really have adhd or something else. The diagnosis might take a long time (depending on the psychiatrist or how obvious your case is) and then finding the right treatment takes a while as well.

juju2drescue
07-08-17, 10:50 AM
Love the replies in this post. I always reads this forum but only recently decided to finally join.

Addressing the topic at hand. You've hit many points as well as addressed pertinent concerns. The tough part about having add/ADHD is dealing with the connotation vs denotation of the "attention deficit label" (what it add really vs the stigma or misunderstanding). Good thing on your part is you are self aware key aspects from childhood till now. Having a concise history is very important when having a doctor diagnosing you. This is because the spectrum of the diagnosing is so broad that many factors need to be addressed prior to it being properly diagnosed. As a "fuzzy12" sometimes more than one opinion is needed to properly address these concerns. Some doctors believe in the old school stigma, some don't. Usually you can find doctors/psych's that have specialized training on diagnosing add/hd. Some of those even have add/hd themselves. ��

If other conditions are present (i.e. hyperthyroid/hypothyroidism, bipolar nos, generalized depression, diabetes, vitamin deficits etc) They must be treated prior to treatment ADHD. This is to be addressed to rule out any symptoms related to other conditions. Sometimes treating secondary conditions aide to release or even remove ADHD like symptoms.

PROPER DIAGNOSIS & PATIENT SPECIFIC TREATMENT REGIMENs ARE ESSENTIAL. Knowing that ADHD is so broad you must be able to find treatment that is therapeutic to you. This may be a prolonged process and stressful but in the long run is worth the wait (easier said than done�� I ve been there.) Treatment for ADHD is not a cure, it's more concerned with controlling the negative aspects or subsiding them. In general being able to function to the highest level that we can since this affects in more areas aside from schooling.

ADHD is not necessarily treated solely by meds. Proper treatment depends on the individual which is why prior treatments were so feared because at one point treatment of this was generalized. Now a days, there's more understanding as well and ongoing research to better understand the diagnosis. Even the most recent DSM (what doctors use use to aide in diagnosing mental health issues) added more factors that contribute to ADD/HAD including biological aspects. As Ms Sarahsweets stated, try to keep your self esteem. It may seem hard to do so but it makes a difference in your overall well-being especially if you are ADHD.

"That forces me think that something needs to be changed to improve my life. "

You being in college is wonderful. And something to be proud of. It shows perseverance. What's helpful (if possible) find a teacher/professor that stimulates your mind. It's not that people with ADHD can't learn or grasp things, it more due to fact that we learn and grasp things differently.

Don't feel like this is holding you back from being successful like your friends. Many of us have successful or great career's despite the stigma that some believe. We just reached our goals differently or unconventionally. Some cram to study, some were able to utilize Fixative/hyper-focus or hyperactivy to their advantage. Proper treatment of our condition also aides in this . However theres still going to be deficits present but we can work through it. More perseverance on your part again.

I want to end this streak of frustration and inactivity and want to do something to make my life worth remembering. I do not want to regret later in my life that why I didn't taken steps to get over my condition today.

For me, life has been very fulfilling for the most part. I've had very high and happy moments band extremely low. But everyone , even those without this condition experience this. I just experience it in a slightly different manner. Having ADHD had even made some event more enjoyable. Having my senses overloaded relaxes me (not to be confused with being overwhelmed or anxious). Adrenaline prior to treatment was a saving grace. At every job I've had, I developed a reputation of being calm and collected during worse case scenarios/emergencies. Yet oddly enough, during normal times I'm very active and always upbeat and friendly while wearing frown. The adrenaline experience naturally calmed me and helped me perform with precision. Likely due to stimulant effects of epinephrine causing a regulated amount of dopamine. But I can't always be in a state of adrenaline.

Hyper-focus for me, is a blessing and a curse. In reality, hyper-focus is not a rare condition, but plays a role in identifying hyperactive tendencies. It did help me graduate college with a 3.0-4.0 gpa.
Oddly enough I almost didn't graduate high school let alone becoming a 4.0 gpa student in nursing school. I can focus on almost any task given to me and completing. However, stuff that didn't stimulate me mentally were tasks that took me longer to complete. I would get frustrated and the ADHD kicks in more. Versus a tasks that stimulates me would get me obsessing over completing the task causing me to not be cognizant of my surroundings or became inattentive. Even at time not even noticing that someone is talking to me.
Hyper-focus can also trigger my impulsive, hyperactivy and obsessive tendencies. I would fixate on something to the point I don't realize that my fixations is impairing my "executive functions". So it has pros and cons. And is more than just diverting focus on one thing. It can create another form of distraction which would trigger my inattentive behaviours.

I hope this was informative for you. And my heart goes out to you.
I've been living with adhd since childhood. Also I do have Co+morbid diagnosis's.
I am medicated including the use of a stimulant which oddly enough mellows me out. However when the med is out of my anxiety can build up especially while driving. But it is at a point where it's still therapeutic. It was a long process to get to this dose. Yet it was worth the wait during the tapering and adjustment of dosages to get the right dose for me.
In the end I hope the best for you during period of confusion

Note: This post is merely my stating my opinion. This is not to be taken as a form diagnosis, treatment. Any questions/concerns/emergencies should be discussed with a designated healthcare/mental health provider/clinician

sarahsweets
07-09-17, 05:42 AM
Hyper-focus for me, is a blessing and a curse. In reality, hyper-focus is not a rare condition, but plays a role in identifying hyperactive tendencies. It did help me graduate college with a 3.0-4.0 gpa.
Oddly enough I almost didn't graduate high school let alone becoming a 4.0 gpa student in nursing school. I can focus on almost any task given to me and completing. However, stuff that didn't stimulate me mentally were tasks that took me longer to complete. I would get frustrated and the ADHD kicks in more. Versus a tasks that stimulates me would get me obsessing over completing the task causing me to not be cognizant of my surroundings or became inattentive. Even at time not even noticing that someone is talking to me.
Hyper-focus can also trigger my impulsive, hyperactivy and obsessive tendencies. I would fixate on something to the point I don't realize that my fixations is impairing my "executive functions". So it has pros and cons. And is more than just diverting focus on one thing. It can create another form of distraction which would trigger my inattentive behaviours.

For me, hyperfocus is not helpful because I cant control it and it usually happens when I do not need it to. I look at it more as an impairment because of that lack of control. I would love to be one of those people who can hyperfocus at will or turn it into and asset.

OBeier
07-29-17, 07:25 PM
Hi there,

I am totally new to this forum and ADHD; however, I felt like we had some similarities- mostly, both being in college, at "average" colleges and feeling unsure if we have ADHD or not. If you find my very recent post you will see that I, in a sense, barely seem to display the symptoms of ADHD and I was not looking for an ADHD diagnosis. In your case, from the experienced posters' responses, you exhibit the characteristics of ADHD and you also know what you are looking for! I have a feeling if I was diagnosed quickly and I also complained about how it was very obviously wrong and they were still adamant about the diagnosis that you would be diagnosed as well. You seem to display the typical symptoms are aware that they are affecting your life. As many above have suggested, I would make an appointment and get this sorted out!