View Full Version : Two ADHD partners? Can it work?

kwalk
07-05-17, 03:27 AM
I mean I know anything is possible. I have dated someone with ADHD before and they were all different. I was wondering if anyone was doing the same? My problem right now is texting, it's like if he is out and he can be out all day, he won't be really sociable or fun persay. And I know how it feels to be distracted like that by your environment but I'm not usually as bad. I think we both have it similarly,ADHD-PI. So I wonder if he has trouble starting conversations. We don't live very close so I won't see him till the end of the week. Any tips?

I also can get really bored when he's distracted and I end up zoning out and not functioning in a social way. So it's hard for me to bounce back sometimes.

sarahsweets
07-05-17, 04:54 AM
My husband and I have adhd and all three of my kids have adhd. I met him when I was 18 and we have been married for 21 years. I adore him. What he lacks, I fulfill. Whatever I struggle with, he has my back. We are very lucky and I know its probably not typical.

kwalk
07-05-17, 05:12 AM
Thank you for your story. I am trying to do the same thing by helping conversations nd I hope meeting in person/ seeing each other more in person will help give me more perspective on things.