View Full Version : Adderall made me enjoy things for 2 days, but now nothing.

Mishen9111
07-05-17, 06:08 PM
Adderall made me enjoy things for 2 days. Before I could only enjoy eating. I thought I enjoyed things but I thought that enjoying things was just improving at something. I had no idea that people enjoyed things for what they were.

The first time I took Adderall 20mg XR it just felt physically bad. I tried it months later and I was able to enjoy things for 2 days. Now I can't get it back no matter what. Higher doses, no enjoyment. I was able to focus a lot better on those two days but I consider this to be far more important.

Ever since I experienced enjoying things that's all I've been able to think about. Why are other people able to take more of the drug than they're supposed to and experience enjoyment but I can't? I know that whatever Adderall gave me those 2 days is necessary for my survival.

Whatever I experienced on those 2 days was completely new to me. It was not something amplified, I had never experienced it before even in a small amount.

I have been on Concerta as well. I don't experience the ability to enjoy things.

I also had huge cognitive boosts on those 2 days. Not anything small. For instance at one point in my life I could understand written spanish mostly. No matter what I did I could not understand spoken spanish. I couldn't understand the slow spoken elementary spanish that other people could understand in a day. On these two days I could actually understand spoken spanish. Not in terms of most natives speaking but I could understand spoken spanish meant for people learning. I couldn't do this after a year of practice before.

Little Nut
07-07-17, 11:23 AM
The euphoria is kinda common when starting amphetamines. I call it a "euphoric kick" and at prescribed dosages it goes away after a few days as your body compensates for the effect of the amphetamine. (The same goes for negative side effects that pop up on day 1 or 2.) For me it takes a week or 2 after a dosage change for everything to calm down so I can assess the dosage change. The key is to wait the week or two and to see how well it treats your symptoms and assess any negative side effects.

Chasing that "euphoric kick" is the road to abuse/addiction IMVHO. HTH, -LN

sarahsweets
07-07-17, 12:55 PM
The first time I took Adderall 20mg XR it just felt physically bad. I tried it months later and I was able to enjoy things for 2 days. Now I can't get it back no matter what. Higher doses, no enjoyment. I was able to focus a lot better on those two days but I consider this to be far more important.

Adderall is not taken to "enjoy" things, its for the treatment of adhd.
Trying to get that feeling back is borderline misuse.

Ever since I experienced enjoying things that's all I've been able to think about. Why are other people able to take more of the drug than they're supposed to and experience enjoyment but I can't?
The better question is why are you trying to experience a high from your adderall?

I know that whatever Adderall gave me those 2 days is necessary for my survival.

Euphoria is not necessary for survival.

I also had huge cognitive boosts on those 2 days. Not anything small. For instance at one point in my life I could understand written spanish mostly. No matter what I did I could not understand spoken spanish. I couldn't understand the slow spoken elementary spanish that other people could understand in a day. On these two days I could actually understand spoken spanish. Not in terms of most natives speaking but I could understand spoken spanish meant for people learning. I couldn't do this after a year of practice before.

No offense but it sounds like you are expecting all the wrong things from adderall. You shouldnt be using it as a performance enhancer.