View Full Version : Things vs. people.

Free to Fly
07-07-17, 11:21 AM
When I say I love you, when I pay for stuff you want, wash your car, invite you on trips, watch goofy stuff with you and spend lots of time together; when is it OK to actually go to work, or prep for a trip? All that quality time together is great. But I do need to work, fix stuff, go to the dr., and so forth. Hyper-focus gets me in the door for sure, and you glow really nice when I devote my attention to you......and I like that. Balance apparently is not something I do well.

sarahsweets
07-07-17, 12:59 PM
When I say I love you, when I pay for stuff you want, wash your car, invite you on trips, watch goofy stuff with you and spend lots of time together; when is it OK to actually go to work, or prep for a trip?
If you have appropriate boundaries, its ok to do those things anytime you want.

All that quality time together is great. But I do need to work, fix stuff, go to the dr., and so forth. Hyper-focus gets me in the door for sure, and you glow really nice when I devote my attention to you......and I like that. Balance apparently is not something I do well.
Again, boundaries are not about controlling someone but they are about setting parameters for the relationship. We all have 'life' going on. No one person should be so emeshed in your life that you are not able to do all the other things you need to do.

Free to Fly
07-07-17, 07:13 PM
Boundaries are definitely a problem for me. Too intense leads to high expectations, I think.