View Full Version : Prior authorization for vyvanse! Help!

Danicaleonard
07-12-17, 04:19 PM
Hi so I'm new to this forum my doctor prescribed me Vyvanse 2 weeks ago he did two separate does on one prescription being my first time taking these meds I had to have a Prior Authorization. So my doctor sent a PA to medical and it was approved through express scripts for the 50. Now i have two pills left and am still waiting on the PA for the 70mg I'm able to refill it Friday. I called express scripts and they said the doctor still hasn't sent the PA to them the pharmacy says they sent it four times to my doctor. Was just wondering if I would be able to pay cash for some of my pills until my PA gets approved? It is because my refill date isn't for 2 days?? I thought I'd be proactive and make sure the script is ready but it looks like that's not going to work.. any advice? I'm in Iowa if that makes a difference

Little Nut
07-12-17, 10:45 PM
Can't answer why PA hasn't been approved and who dropped the ball. I am sure if your Doc writes a prescription, you pay cash for it, and the pharmacy has it on-hand they will dispense it. The problem is you don't know how many pills you need to cover you until your PA is approved and the meds dispensed to you. Based on the info in ur post, I would ask the Doc's nurse what to do. If you hit a snag, you could just go without until your prescription is filled or look into Dexedrine IR for the interim period.

GL and lemme know how it works out. -LN

Danicaleonard
07-12-17, 10:50 PM
Thanks I try to call my doctor and they are so rude evetytime I call I don't even want to it's been two weeks you would think that they would have done it by now I just feel like they don't care at allll :( I'll let you know what happens!!

sarahsweets
07-13-17, 04:20 AM
Sometimes going directly to the office and speaking with the people at the desk instead of over the phone works better.