View Full Version : Starting Adderall XR

darla123
07-21-17, 09:35 AM
Hi everyone. So I am in my late 30s and my whole life doctors have always suggested to my parents to get me tested for ADD, but we never did and I'm a pretty successful adult. But other anxiety issues led me to seek therapy earlier this year and I got a formal ADHD diagnosis. There are a lot of "what-ifs" and wondering about missed opportunities, and there are also things that I do struggle with even though I can "make it work".
So after a few months of therapy, I've decided to try meds, and my Dr chose Adderall XR. I am really wondering if this will change my personality. I'm very very witty and fun and kind of crazy, quick thinking on my feet and everyone in my life seems to love this about me, and I'm 99% sure this is because of the ADHD. I'm just wondering if this will change this part of who I am? Will my wittiness go away? Am I going to "flatten out"? I'm really scared.

Tarmac
07-22-17, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone. So I am in my late 30s and my whole life doctors have always suggested to my parents to get me tested for ADD, but we never did and I'm a pretty successful adult. But other anxiety issues led me to seek therapy earlier this year and I got a formal ADHD diagnosis. There are a lot of "what-ifs" and wondering about missed opportunities, and there are also things that I do struggle with even though I can "make it work".
So after a few months of therapy, I've decided to try meds, and my Dr chose Adderall XR. I am really wondering if this will change my personality. I'm very very witty and fun and kind of crazy, quick thinking on my feet and everyone in my life seems to love this about me, and I'm 99% sure this is because of the ADHD. I'm just wondering if this will change this part of who I am? Will my wittiness go away? Am I going to "flatten out"? I'm really scared.

The first few days on Adderall, I was a little "mellowed out" but that went a way after a bit until I dialed in the right dosage.

My girlfriend says it's changed my personality but in a good way. I'm definitely more focused on her and it's improved our relationship. I would say that it's improved all of my relationships, both business and personal.

sarahsweets
07-22-17, 02:22 PM
If a medication changes who you are and how you function like that, then its the wrong medication or the wrong dose.

darla123
07-22-17, 02:57 PM
If a medication changes who you are and how you function like that, then its the wrong medication or the wrong dose.

Thank you, there are some impulsive type things about myself that I really like that benefit me, and I don't want to lose that as a trade off.