View Full Version : Generic Adderall and pre-employment drug test

Abshire
07-22-17, 05:37 PM
I'm a 54-year-old female with inattentive ADHD. I just had a great job interview and, if selected for a conditional offer of employment, I will have to pass a drug test.

My physician provided a doctor's note for me in January when I had my physical. Should I get a new letter?

I've also thought of going off the meds for a few weeks in case they call. But there's no 100% guarantee that I'll be selected. The medicine helps me at my current position (which I want to leave because it's low-paying with no benefits.)

What should I do?

sarahsweets
07-23-17, 06:01 AM
I dont know why you would need another note. Most times, bringing in the bottle for the lab to see lets them know you are prescribed stimulants. I dont think you should worry too much. The lab is the middle man and they will only be reporting to the employer a pass or fail. They shouldnt be reporting what was in your urine, so as long as you can prove you are legally prescribed something i think thats all you will need.

Abshire
07-23-17, 11:56 AM
Thanks for your reply. If I get the offer, I'll take the prescription bottle and the letter with me.

wonderboy
07-23-17, 02:35 PM
I dont know why you would need another note. Most times, bringing in the bottle for the lab to see lets them know you are prescribed stimulants. I dont think you should worry too much. The lab is the middle man and they will only be reporting to the employer a pass or fail. They shouldnt be reporting what was in your urine, so as long as you can prove you are legally prescribed something i think thats all you will need.

I completely agree. If you have a valid Prescription, there is no need to worry

lntense
08-07-17, 04:19 PM
Your employer won't find out about the results. It typically works like you go to the clinic to take the test, you pop for amphetamines, the lab calls you asking to send them a picture of your prescription bottle etc.. to make sure it's not expired and in your name. Then that's it. Employer gets the results and it says nothing about what was on the test. In my case and state.

Abshire
08-08-17, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately, they haven't even called me for testing yet, which means they might have selected someone else for the position. I thought I had done really well on the interview, even though I had a bad cold.

HELPSEEKER
08-15-17, 11:23 PM
Guys I am an employer who drug tests commercial drivers. I have to pre employment drug test and then they get enrolled in a 3rd party random selection program.

I get copies of all the tests as they become part of his dot file. I see all the levels of everything. Perhaps they remove results if given a rx?

sarahsweets
08-16-17, 03:55 AM
Well since you get the results, have you seen what rx's people are on before?