View Full Version : Anyone experience the New Impax Generics generic Adderall with G456 on the capsule?

Vidar76
07-24-17, 04:03 PM
Hello everyone.

Occasional reader, first time poster here. Love the stories and advice on this site.

Ive struggled with ADD most of my life. When I was finally diagnosed with ADD back in 2010, my doctor prescribed adderall 20 mg xr once a day, worked up to 30mg twice a day and it worked wonders for me; a game changer, but I had insurance that covered it. When the company I worked for was sold, I lost my insurance, so I had to stop adderall cold turkey back in 2013, which I survived just fine, however, the concentration problems returned with a vengeance.

Then, in 2015, I decided to give Adderall a go once again, because I knew how effective it was for me, but I had no insurance, so I had to pay out of pocket for generic; and that didnt last long. I dont remember what brand of generic is was, but it was horrible. I had horrible mood swings, with lots of anger and a down right poor attitude, not to mention it seemed weak and wore off much faster; so I stopped after about 4 or 5 months. I was prescribed 30mg xr once a day.

So as of about 2 months ago, I have new insurance and decided to go for round 3. My Doc prescribed me Adderall 30mg xr once a day and that is what I got from my local pharmacy, Name Brand Adderall and it works the best for me. No mood swings, no irritation and It uplifts my attitude about life in general to a great extent. But today, I went to the same pharmacy for my prescription expecting Adderall, with Adderall on the capsule, but It was not; it has G456 on the capsule, although the capsule colors are the same as Adderall; and this version is made by Impax Generics.

Has anyone had any experience with Impax Generics g456 capsules, positive or negative? I have not taken one yet because Im concerned about its impact on my attitude.

Please, if anyone has tried this version and if its just as good as Adderall, or not, let me know.

Thanks.
:)

Little Missy
07-24-17, 04:25 PM
Attitudinall, Madderall, Drymouthforeverall, No Erectionatall, its a roll of the dice.

Vidar76
07-24-17, 04:42 PM
Does this mean it will not be like Adderall? Can I take them back?

Little Missy
07-24-17, 04:53 PM
Does this mean it will not be like Adderall? Can I take them back?

I really don't know, but try one, if you hate it, YES you can take them back. You are the pharmacies customer, and your doctor's patient. Your doc will write you a mew script if the pharm will not exchange them. :)

MyAchillesheel
07-24-17, 07:39 PM
Vidar76,

Since the Impax XR generic adderall is telatively new there are limited opinions on it so far.

That said, if you scroll further down the Adderall medication opening page you will see a post by Nanajoy called "Impax 10 mg xr experience" where she articulated that she likes the medication. There is also another favorable review by mh2u98.

Ultimately it doesn't matter what any of us say because everyone metabolizes the adderall so differently.

The Impax XR adderall just might be great.

However, the only way you will know is to try it.

If you don't like it there are others. Just check the other post about: Very Important - Adderall xr changes in 2017.

You will find the right firm of adderall but it will take patience and simply testing them all out for yourself.

For the record... I always seem to do best on the forms of Adderall most people hate. At least that's the way it used to be for me on the old Corepharma 2009 to 2011 formula.

You will be fine, but you will have to be a guinea pig for a couple months....

Everything is gonna be ok!!

nanajoy
07-24-17, 08:30 PM
Hi there.
I am fairy new and have never taken the brand. I will tell you that this is the first month I haven't asked to try something else. Month 2 and Impax 10mg XR helps me to be productive. No racing heart, no angels singing, no sweats or drugged feeling. I feel normal, just a bit thirstier. Exactly what I had hoped.
I do not take it on weekends and since I usually only have meetings on Fridays, I try not to take it then, either. I'm hoping that by 3 days off a week, 10mg XR will be all that I need. I also will not take it during my vacation week in August. Again, hoping that any vacation from it will help me stay at a low dose and be productive. I feel a bit less hungry at mealtime, but not anything that is a problem. Not sick or anything.
If you give it a try, let us know your thoughts. I know that everyone's experiences have been very helpful to me, that's why I wanted to share.
Best!

Vidar76
07-24-17, 08:34 PM
Hi there.
I am fairy new and have never taken the brand. I will tell you that this is the first month I haven't asked to try something else. Month 2 and Impax 10mg XR helps me to be productive. No racing heart, no angels singing, no sweats or drugged feeling. I feel normal, just a bit thirstier. Exactly what I had hoped.
I do not take it on weekends and since I usually only have meetings on Fridays, I try not to take it then, either. I'm hoping that by 3 days off a week, 10mg XR will be all that I need. I also will not take it during my vacation week in August. Again, hoping that any vacation from it will help me stay at a low dose and be productive. I feel a bit less hungry at mealtime, but not anything that is a problem. Not sick or anything.
If you give it a try, let us know your thoughts. I know that everyone's experiences have been very helpful to me, that's why I wanted to share.
Best!

I will try it in the morning and report back in a few days.

Thanks to all for your input.

selby
08-07-17, 09:52 PM
Impax is my absolute favorite generic. My pharmacy switched months ago to stupid Aurobindo and I've been feeling miserable since. Can you tell me what your pharmacy is? I can't find anyone that stocks it.

nanajoy
08-08-17, 06:53 PM
Hi Selby, I get it at my hospital specialty pharmacy.

TiffHasAdultADD
08-23-17, 01:06 PM
My pharmacy just switched to the Impax for Gereric Adderall XR to "have substantial cost savings" for themselve!!! At what cost to consumers??? This has been the worst 3 days with ADD meds. It is awful!!! So horrible I called insurance to find out how to do an appeal.
on Adderall for 19 years, periodic dosage increases, only one issue-don't eat/drink fruit juice within 1 hour of taking meds-decreased effectiveness. Since 2016, 2 30mg XR 1x day (60mg) With any other generic XR, typical slight lulls of decreased effectiveness, then working again for total of 10-12 hrs. Fantastic!
Monday was 1st day on Impax Generic. I felt off, thought I was just tired. Such defined periods of focused/unfocused. extremely distracted waaaaayyyy too much stimuli and no sense of direction-literally missing regular route turns while driving, then BAM super hyperfocused with increased pulse and ridiculous drive to get things done, an hour later big crash, overwhelmed again....up down up down all day. same thing yesterday and again today. Nothing else has changed. no new supplements/vitamins, i eat same things all the time. Finally called Dr and she's filing an emergency appeal w/insurance so i can get new prescription filled within 48 hours for Namebrand Adderall XR. This Impax stuff has messed me up so bad-at the end of the day I'm getting a super crash with agitation and crankiness, and more tired than usual. I feel like i'm on an all-day roller coaster ride.
The calsules are an orangey-brown on one side and clear on the other. Don't waste your co-pay!!! The other generic ones that worked better were solid orangey-brown.
********ASK BEFORE FILLING RX-once you fill it, they won't take meds back*******
If your pharmacy has changed to Impax generic try to find someone who hasn't!!!!!