View Full Version : Adderall XR 30mg 2x. Same time or spread out?

Believeland1987
07-24-17, 09:26 PM
I am prescribed 30mg of generic Adderall XR 2x a day (previously was 20mg Adderall IR 3x)

Is it best to take both of those at the same time or should I space them out like I did with my IR?

Also my insurance for brand name Adderall XR is the same price as the the generic.... should I just get that? Or is there no difference at all?

ms ladybug
08-21-17, 11:43 AM
If you space out XR, you won't be able to sleep at night. Take them both in the morning.
If Adderall is same price as generic, I'd go for the brand name. I haven't noticed a difference, but why not if the cost is the same?

bldt
08-21-17, 12:17 PM
I take 2 30mg xr per day and I take them together,which means I get 30 mg twice a day.The thing with xr is so the administration or release is much different from ir.the whole mechanism is different.you should really check with your doc before starting.

Never ends
08-21-17, 06:29 PM
I'd take them 6-8 hours apart or whenever the other wears off, I just got upped to one 30 XR a day and it lasts 8 full hours so far, but still not long enough for work. Next visit I can hopefully get insurance to pay for two doses.

bldt
08-22-17, 12:24 PM
I'd take them 6-8 hours apart or whenever the other wears off, I just got upped to one 30 XR a day and it lasts 8 full hours so far, but still not long enough for work. Next visit I can hopefully get insurance to pay for two doses.

Yeah you should get insurance.You need to be able to take what you were prescribed.

Never ends
08-22-17, 12:48 PM
Yeah you should get insurance.You need to be able to take what you were prescribed.

I have insurance blue cross blue shield won't cover a second dose without the doc first attempting to max out the first dose which we just did, so next month hopefully I can get my second dose

sarahsweets
08-23-17, 02:49 AM
If you space out XR, you won't be able to sleep at night. Take them both in the morning.
If Adderall is same price as generic, I'd go for the brand name. I haven't noticed a difference, but why not if the cost is the same?

This is not necessarily true. I take the xr four times a day with my last dose at 4pm Xr only lasts about 6-8hours and for me 4 hours. If it lasts 6-8 hours than someone could take their last dose at 2,3 or 4 and be fine.

sarahsweets
08-23-17, 02:51 AM
All generic and bran named adderall is made by the same company that makes the brand -SHIRE. This included GLOBAL, TEVA/BARR. The authorized generics made on their own with their own raw ingredients and formula are by ACTAVIS and now IMPAX ( as of 2016 I think).