View Full Version : Early onset ADHD

mildadhd
07-25-17, 12:45 PM
This thread is meant to explore early onset ADHD, (that everyone with ADHD here at ADDF was diagnosed with) with an emphasis on understanding differences between bottom up and top down developmental trajectories, and possibly related commorbiddities.

Due to the complexity and developmental context, for clarity please specify the general age of development you are focusing on in each post, so that members are not talking passed each other.

M

finallyfound10
07-25-17, 04:42 PM
Can you clarify exactly what we are exploring? Sorry I am not understanding.

mildadhd
07-26-17, 02:49 PM
Can you clarify exactly what we are exploring? Sorry I am not understanding.

Early onset of AD(H)D before the age of 4-7*

Late onset of AD(H)D after the age of 4-7*

*plus or minus a few years, in consideration of faster learners.

M

mildadhd
07-26-17, 02:57 PM
-Early onset of AD(H)D, before the age of 4-7*

bottom-middle-top
implicit-explicit
affective-cognitive
preverbal-verbal
critical developmental period of implicit executive regulation

-Late onset of AD(H)D, after the age of 4-7*

top-middle-bottom
explicit-implicit
cognitive-affective
verbal-preverbal
critical developmental period of explicit executive regulation

(Learning and Memory, in the limbic middle)

M

mildadhd
07-28-17, 01:45 PM
-Early onset of AD(H)D, before the age of 4-7*

bottom-middle-top
implicit-explicit
affective-cognitive
preverbal-verbal
critical developmental period of implicit executive regulation

-Late onset of AD(H)D, after the age of 4-7*

top-middle-bottom
explicit-implicit
cognitive-affective
verbal-preverbal
critical developmental period of explicit executive regulation

(Learning and Memory, in the limbic middle)

M

Note: To explicitly verbally discuss instinctual "bottom up" implicit preverbal emotional-affective brain functions requires learning and applying affective neuroscientific terminologies, to describe the physical genetic unconditioned 7 primary emotional-affective response systems.

Because lower subcortical primary unconditioned emotional-affective response systems evolved before higher brain systems involved in more complex cognition. (Example human language)

It is impossible to verbally discuss/describe what preverbally emotionally "drives" us, without using recommended affective neuroscientific terminology recommended by emotional-affective brain researchers.

Although I will often refer to the primary unconditioned affective state/processing level of brain control.

I will try not to ignore any bottom-middle-top or top-middle-bottom secondary-tertiary brain processes and try introduce topics in the order they evolved and function, when ever possible.

Please feel free to introduced any developmental topics you think I miss and important to consider.

M

mildadhd
07-30-17, 02:14 AM
Brains are built over time, from the bottom up

http://developingchild.harvard.edu/resources/inbrief-science-of-ecd/

Complex cognitive executive regulations are built on top of basic affective executive regulations.

In other words, (the bottom-middle-top) basic affective executive functions, mature before, (the top-middle-bottom) complex cognitive executive functions.

M

mildadhd
07-30-17, 02:48 AM
Basic affective executive functions are the foundation for complex cognitive executive functions.

M

mildadhd
07-31-17, 12:24 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQLtwPTEtSj1m2IkirH80HrVkBtTXS-v1mK5XhSRbe-NT8lS0m