View Full Version : Am I being responsible with my Adderall use...?

tomgrouncontrol
07-25-17, 12:59 PM
I am now taking 15mg XR brand.

Here is what I do...

I still have about, 15 days of 10mg. I am a bit afraid of moving to 15mg, but I realized that it does not really "hit" me anymore (the 10mg) compared to 15mg.

My doc. prescribed me 15mg. I have 15mg with me, and a month's worth.

I took two 10mg Sun. and Mon. and then 15mg today (Tuesday). I plan on stopping it for Wed. and Thurs. And then get back on it from Fri. to Sun.

I am basically taking 2-3 days off. I am testing this out myself because I think too much gives me mania (can't sleep when I want to at night) and I believe that I build the tolerance and may need a higher dose later on.

The thing is, I wouldn't have 10mg to work off on, to slightly get me ready for 15mg come 2-3 days.

And I always feel unsettled after taking 10mg (from 2-3 days off) perhaps even overly energetic.

My symptoms were:
1. Increased libido
2. Digestive system on "overdrive"

Number 2 is a slight concern because I can literally go to the bathroom 4-5 times a day. I read that drinking lots of water helps this.

I am not sure if my doctor would allow me to take 10mg + 15 mg. I think 2 bottles of 15 mg for the coming month is good as I do not really want to visit my doctor each month. I have to travel 20+ miles and I have to commute. This is why I am asking here...

Would appreciate some advice, maybe it's just my self-fear but my self-belief usually serves me well. Am I doing anything wrong?

I know that it has to be taken in consistency, but like my doctor says, it really depends on the person. And I think taking breaks and not building tolerance for it and using the after-effects days after + good exercise usually serves me well. But I'm also concerned with just jumping it up on 15mg, it doesn't sound too much but this would be my 2nd-3rd month on XR brand.

Am I abusing it?

tomgrouncontrol
07-25-17, 01:01 PM
So basically, what I figured out, is that consistency of adderall gives me too much. I can get sleepless nights and I fear of building tolerance.

So what I have in mind is that I will take 2-3 days off and have at it (also when I really need it) but I'm moving from 10mg to 15mg and I was usually using my 10mg bottles to prep. for a 2 day 15mg.

I also take these in the early morning.

Another question, is it better to take it before or after breakfast?

Lunacie
07-25-17, 01:58 PM
What do you mean when you say it doesn't "hit" you like before?

Stimulant meds should simply give us better focus and concentrtion, not a
feeling like getting "a hit."

As long as you're not taking too much just to get that hit or euphoria, the
chances of building tolerance are really very, very slim.

Little Missy
07-25-17, 02:10 PM
I believe you are over thinking something very simple.

Take it as directed and ask your doctor the questions.

wonderboy
07-25-17, 06:21 PM
What do you mean when you say it doesn't "hit" you like before?

Stimulant meds should simply give us better focus and concentrtion, not a
feeling like getting "a hit."

As long as you're not taking too much just to get that hit or euphoria, the
chances of building tolerance are really very, very slim.

I could not agree more with your comments. Indeed stimulants should not "hit" you if you are using it for the right reasons

someothertime
07-25-17, 10:18 PM
Moderator Note:
Thread Re-Opened

Members are reminded that posts that discuss taking medicines outside of what is legally prescribed poses significant risks to them.