View Full Version : Vyvanse - No longer effective - and a few odd side effects

GregAld777
07-26-17, 03:49 PM
So it appears that I have hit a wall with the Vyvanse effectiveness again. Its just not working like it was I am very spacey inattentive again. I am struggling at work worse I am driving my wife crazy because I cannot focus enough to have a complete conversation with her.
Has anyone else ever had this experience with Vyvanse? This is the second time I have been on it this time it only took a year before it began to become ineffective again.

I have also noticed that while taking Vyvanse, I have the brain fog others in the forum spoke about as well. One thing that I really hate about Vyvanse is the confusion I have been having lately. It happened last time when the meds began to become effective. I am actually having trouble recalling words. Whether they be names places or just simple words in a sentence. I had MRIs tons of blood work done but everything was fine. The doctors at Yale Neurology didn't have an answer for it either. I am convinced it was because of the Vyvanse.

Anyway, I am wondering what other Vyvanse users were switched to when they went off this medicine. Is there one ADD med better to switch to that uses different receptors than Vyvanse.

Would love to hear some experience.

Thanks!

sarahsweets
07-27-17, 03:43 AM
So it appears that I have hit a wall with the Vyvanse effectiveness again. Its just not working like it was I am very spacey inattentive again. I am struggling at work worse I am driving my wife crazy because I cannot focus enough to have a complete conversation with her.
Has anyone else ever had this experience with Vyvanse? This is the second time I have been on it this time it only took a year before it began to become ineffective again.
What is your dose/timing?

someothertime
07-27-17, 04:30 AM
Strattera is in the ball park if "different receptors" are a criteria. Doesn't work for everyone.... and won't be perfect.... but if it did..... would buy you some sanity :)

GregAld777
07-27-17, 08:43 AM
What is your dose/timing?

Sarah
My dose is 40mg QD usually 7:30am

GregAld777
07-27-17, 08:45 AM
Strattera is in the ball park if "different receptors" are a criteria. Doesn't work for everyone.... and won't be perfect.... but if it did..... would buy you some sanity :)

Great thanks!
I think that is the plan. I need a break from stimulants for a bit. Its been a really long time since I have been without them

sarahsweets
07-30-17, 05:21 AM
Sarah
My dose is 40mg QD usually 7:30am

Does QD stand for once a day? If so, my experience with vyvanse was that it never lasted the purported 12 hours, I barely got 8. It could be that you need more than one dose or a booster dose.