View Full Version : Recent Sandoz IR feels very different

abq1364
07-26-17, 09:11 PM
I have been taking the 10mg Sandoz IR for about a year.
I recently had my script refilled and it feels a lot different than it has.
Over the past year, it has been very consistent, but this refill almost seems like a different formulation.
It feels as if one component has been greatly reduced or is non-existent, and it feels more speedy as well to some extent.
Hopefully, it is a batch issue, and it is not a new formulation.
Has anybody else noticed anything different with Sandoz lately?
Thanks

abq1364
07-28-17, 09:43 AM
I'm surprised nobody else is having issues with Sandoz lately.
I've been taking my last refill for over a week, and it is nothing like it was.
No attention/concentration effects and what is there just feels like caffeine.
It is so bad it, it is hard to believe that it's not counterfeit.
I don't know if Sandoz's QC is that bad or if they reformulated it.
If this is their new formulation, I don't know how they will have any customers left.
Does anybody have a recommendation for current IR Adderall that does what Sandoz used to?
Thanks

Little Missy
07-28-17, 09:51 AM
I thought perhaps it wasn't the same but my druggist said the numbers are identical and if anything is changed at all in the formula, the numbers must reflect it.

Then his eyebrows went up slightly and he sort of cocked his head.

I just think it is very strange that at the beginning of this year he said Sandoz really was done. I had a month on Corepharma, and then Sandoz magically came back.

I used to pay more attention to all of this, but now I just sing, "Whatever will be, will be..."

sarahsweets
07-28-17, 10:11 AM
I have been taking the 10mg Sandoz IR for about a year.
I recently had my script refilled and it feels a lot different than it has.
Over the past year, it has been very consistent, but this refill almost seems like a different formulation.
It feels as if one component has been greatly reduced or is non-existent, and it feels more speedy as well to some extent.
Hopefully, it is a batch issue, and it is not a new formulation.
Has anybody else noticed anything different with Sandoz lately?
Thanks

I had major issues with the sandoz xr 10 mg

Swissy
07-28-17, 05:54 PM
I have found it to be inconsistent in effect for months. I attributed it to environmental and biological factors. I have been taking half doses up to 4x day most days instead of 2 whole doses... so now I'm not sure. I haven't had to open my latest refill yet because I have leftovers, but I will try one from the new refill tomorrow.

AED1955
07-29-17, 02:17 PM
Over the last year I believe I have tried just about every IR 10 mg generic Adderall, that is being manufactured, and have had various problems with all of them. The thing is even if one particular generic works well one month the next refill, of the same brand, at the same store, might be totally different in it's effect.

I've pretty much concluded that it's poor quality control, but have no way to prove it. I know generics are allowed to deviate from the original formula by a small percentage and also use alternate fillers and dyes, but I still don't think those deviations should make a significant change in the way a drug behaves with the majority of users.

I really don't see any end in sight unless the FDA steps up to the plate and starts checking these drugs more closely and forcing manufacturers to adhere to the standards already in place.

Little Missy
07-29-17, 02:24 PM
Over the last year I believe I have tried just about every IR 10 mg generic Adderall, that is being manufactured, and have had various problems with all of them. The thing is even if one particular generic works well one month the next refill, of the same brand, at the same store, might be totally different in it's effect.

I've pretty much concluded that it's poor quality control, but have no way to prove it. I know generics are allowed to deviate from the original formula by a small percentage and also use alternate fillers and dyes, but I still don't think those deviations should make a significant change in the way a drug behaves with the majority of users.

I really don't see any end in sight unless the FDA steps up to the plate and starts checking these drugs more closely and forcing manufacturers to adhere to the standards already in place.

I know. You'd think things would be properly made, especially since they are a schedule II drug.

AED1955
07-30-17, 04:53 PM
I know. You'd think things would be properly made, especially since they are a schedule II drug.

I totally agree, but sad to say, it seems like the only thing the Feds really care about, as far as schedule II stimulants go, is illegal activity such as doctor shopping or counterfeit scripts.

elite242lbs
07-31-17, 08:31 PM
New NDC# this year, 00185086401. When I heard about Sandoz IR being discontinued I called my mail order pharmacy and the pharmacist reassured me that it was incorrect but they did file a new NDC#.