View Full Version : Nightmares

Kordie
07-29-17, 09:08 PM
Ive been on Dexamphetamine 5mg for four days now.

Last night I was plagued with nightmares. Totally aware of them too and I actually stopped them by willing my eyes open. At least that's how they seemed.

Is this the medication?

I was tired and had broken sleep due to two 9yo house guests who were having a grand time.

Any advice?

Having a break today - lazy Sunday.

Thanks

someothertime
07-29-17, 09:56 PM
Should subside relatively quickly I think. ( not more than a few days )

sarahsweets
07-30-17, 05:03 AM
Ive been on Dexamphetamine 5mg for four days now.

Last night I was plagued with nightmares. Totally aware of them too and I actually stopped them by willing my eyes open. At least that's how they seemed.

Is this the medication?

I was tired and had broken sleep due to two 9yo house guests who were having a grand time.

Any advice?

Having a break today - lazy Sunday.

Thanks

Broken sleep can actually cause you to dream more as your body sort of bounces between REM sleep and stage III but has a hard time getting into and staying in stage IV which is the most restful. When I havent slept well or much, or I take a nap I usually dream and the dreams tend to be bad rather than good. This is just my theory though.

CharlesH
07-31-17, 12:43 AM
I've been told in layman's terms that increased norepinephrine levels (which stimulants can cause) can lead to intensified dreams.

fathom6
08-03-17, 05:31 PM
I have a little different experience. All my life I have slept like 10-12 hrs/day. And I almost nightly dreamt, and my dreams very funky, I always felt I could be a great novelist if I started jotting down my dreams. However, since I started on Vyvanse, like a switch, I am no longer dreaming (for first time in life), and my sleeps have become 5-8 hrs/day.