View Full Version : Adderall side effects

Cassiexo_
07-30-17, 11:54 PM
I just recently got diagnosed with ADD and I'm 21 and my new doctor gave me Adderall 10 mg twice a day. I've only been taking it since Friday and it's gave me weird side effects and I'm used to side effects but they've scared me. Today it made my heart rate go really fast the highest at 145 beats per minute then took an hour to go down to the 80's and 90's. It was freaking me out and scaring me. I had other side effects the first day but they weren't as bad as the way that felt. I have to go to the hospital tomorrow morning to get an EKG I think it's required since I'm taking Adderall. I need to know if I should give it a few more days or maybe call my doctor and see if she could put me on something different that might not be like this one with the major side effects? I know every medicine has side effects just a different one that could be lighter! I have no heart problems by the way.

CharlesH
07-31-17, 01:02 AM
To be safe, you should probably just call your doctor's office. What's the worst that could happen from doing so? Was the EKG preplanned? That's interesting, since I wasn't aware that they routinely gave these tests unless you have some preexisting heart condition.

sarahsweets
07-31-17, 06:48 AM
I just recently got diagnosed with ADD and I'm 21 and my new doctor gave me Adderall 10 mg twice a day. I've only been taking it since Friday and it's gave me weird side effects and I'm used to side effects but they've scared me. Today it made my heart rate go really fast the highest at 145 beats per minute then took an hour to go down to the 80's and 90's. It was freaking me out and scaring me. I had other side effects the first day but they weren't as bad as the way that felt. I have to go to the hospital tomorrow morning to get an EKG I think it's required since I'm taking Adderall. I need to know if I should give it a few more days or maybe call my doctor and see if she could put me on something different that might not be like this one with the major side effects? I know every medicine has side effects just a different one that could be lighter! I have no heart problems by the way.
Before you took it and right after you took it, were you thinking about how your heart would feel? Were you thinking about paying attention to your body to where it already occupied your mind? Sometimes we get these thoughts in our heads before its even a problem and the thoughts are sort of like confirmation bias. Its like we are looking for a problem and it sort of gives us one.