View Full Version : How to find out if he likes me?

midnightstar
07-31-17, 11:07 AM
So I've heard on the grapevine that a male work colleague has a crush on me. How can I find out if it's true without asking him straight out if what someone's told me is true or if they're just winding me up?

Emre22
07-31-17, 11:11 AM
Look in to that person's eye at least 15seconds non-stop, eye contact is very important

If he tries to avoid eye contact, probably he is shy and yes he likes you ( social anxiety is not involded in this case)

If he doesnt avoid eye contact, if his eyes are shinning probably he likes you.

If he looks you like he is saying "whats her problem, why she is starring at me "
probably he doesnt like you

midnightstar
08-01-17, 01:09 AM
Yesterdy he kept looking at me and looking away.

Emre22
08-01-17, 05:27 PM
Yesterdy he kept looking at me and looking away.

did u feel any special synergy through his eyes?

Johnny Slick
08-01-17, 05:43 PM
Look in to that person's eye at least 15seconds non-stop, eye contact is very important

If he tries to avoid eye contact, probably he is shy and yes he likes you ( social anxiety is not involded in this case)

If he doesnt avoid eye contact, if his eyes are shinning probably he likes you.

If he looks you like he is saying "whats her problem, why she is starring at me "
probably he doesnt like youThis seems creepy, so no, don't do this.

I am totally a "do as I say, not as I do" person (there is a woman in one of my classes that I like and who I think might be amenable to me but whom I have not gone anywhere with as of yet) but you should just go up to them and ask them if they want to grab a drink some time. The worst they'll do is say "no", right? None of us are in high school; there's no more laughing in each others' faces (and, well, in the off off off chance that this guy did that to you, well, at least you'd know that he's a jackhole and not worth thinking about, right?).

Emre22
08-01-17, 07:12 PM
This seems creepy, so no, don't do this.

I am totally a "do as I say, not as I do" person (there is a woman in one of my classes that I like and who I think might be amenable to me but whom I have not gone anywhere with as of yet) but you should just go up to them and ask them if they want to grab a drink some time. The worst they'll do is say "no", right? None of us are in high school; there's no more laughing in each others' faces (and, well, in the off off off chance that this guy did that to you, well, at least you'd know that he's a jackhole and not worth thinking about, right?).

hearing "no" answer could hurt my ego, at least a way that working without hearing no seems better to me but ofc it changes from person to person

Fuzzy12
08-01-17, 07:13 PM
Do you like him? Is he a nice guy?

Emre22
08-01-17, 07:14 PM
This seems creepy, so no, don't do this.

you give right of rejecting you to someone
is it that much easy for you?

it is like letting someone curse at you for me

i only gave that right to 5 woman in my life

midnightstar
08-02-17, 01:22 AM
He does seem nice, i am not a goodjudge of character though (to date i have only ever dated the you know what holes of the world) so idk if there is such a thing as a "nice" single male. He looks like a teddy bear.

Emre22
08-02-17, 10:52 AM
He does seem nice, i am not a goodjudge of character though (to date i have only ever dated the you know what holes of the world) so idk if there is such a thing as a "nice" single male. He looks like a teddy bear.

Then try your chance if it seems like there is a chance.
Try to have a ordinary conversation with him
Analyze his behaviour against you

Meaningful smiles or shy behaviour would give you some tips about how attracted he is to you

midnightstar
08-02-17, 10:55 AM
So an update, I had a chat with him at work today (because one of the bosses decided to try and play cupid)

Long story short, one of the female higher-up-than-us-both-but-below-the-boss decided to come and speak to me first while I was working. She asked me if I would go on a date with this man, I admit I got giggly and went red :o (and yes I would agree to a date with him and she now knows it) :o

So she went to find him and started telling him stuff like he should invite everyone to the wedding, both of us were mortified at this conversation :o I knew about it after it had happened because he came past and said to me that if he liked me as more than a friend he'd have told me he wouldn't have got anyone else involved.

We think what happened was one of the bosses decided to try and play cupid and everyone else got involved :scratch:

Emre22
08-02-17, 11:09 AM
So an update, I had a chat with him at work today (because one of the bosses decided to try and play cupid)

Long story short, one of the female higher-up-than-us-both-but-below-the-boss decided to come and speak to me first while I was working. She asked me if I would go on a date with this man, I admit I got giggly and went red :o (and yes I would agree to a date with him and she now knows it) :o

So she went to find him and started telling him stuff like he should invite everyone to the wedding, both of us were mortified at this conversation :o I knew about it after it had happened because he came past and said to me that if he liked me as more than a friend he'd have told me he wouldn't have got anyone else involved.

We think what happened was one of the bosses decided to try and play cupid and everyone else got involved :scratch:

I am sorry to hear that :/
now you know the answer at least
i hope you find someone else soon

midnightstar
08-02-17, 11:16 AM
He does like me as a friend, wanted to say that in last post but had to come on phone to finish telling you all, one family member was hanging around