View Full Version : Working through the fog.

-brian-
08-01-17, 06:28 AM
I am having trouble dealing with my anxiety. At first I thought it was an inattentive fog or that I was so sad with the world that I would never let myself get better, I now realize I over complicated myself. I do have some form of depression but I have recently realized even though I have suicidal thoughts/feelings I don't hate the world or my own life, It's only the feelings that I hate.

With much thought I determined the metal fog that has pervaded me for years is nothing more than the extreme depersonalization/derealization. Making that the stem of my issues and tackling that seems impossible so I might start meds again(hopefully successfully)to kick this hump.

I can't remember a time I have not felt so dreary and disconnected, even when my life is getting better.

P.S I have been having issues with getting overwhelmed during long work sprints. anyone know any techniques to overcome the feeling of a dissotiave panic attack

sarahsweets
08-01-17, 07:48 AM
Do you have a psychiatrist you see and do you take medication ?

-brian-
08-03-17, 06:04 AM
Do you have a psychiatrist you see and do you take medication ?

No I have no psychiatrist and stopped taking medication a while ago. In retrospect I think that stopping was a bad idea if it was just some inattentive add then I might be able to overcome my symptoms but there has been no end or stop to the density of this fugue. At this point it will be a couple months before I see a psychiatrist but medication might be more forthcoming.

eclectic beagle
08-04-17, 11:48 AM
Have you found anything that helps you feel the symptoms of derealization/depersonalization less?

-brian-
08-18-17, 06:35 AM
Have you found anything that helps you feel the symptoms of derealization/depersonalization less?

I read online about grounding and found it to be proficient, it's basically when you acknowledge by sight, touch, and smell. It it has the psychological effect of forcing one distant from their surroundings back to the present. I do find it helps me to deescalate my panic attacks when they happen.