View Full Version : Doctor GIGGLE

nanajoy
08-03-17, 09:49 AM
I wanted to give you all a giggle. For the past 2 prescriptions, my PCP has written this on the paper prescription: 10 mg XR 24 hours extended
The XR gives my 4 good hours of focus, but that is all. I also have a medical absorption condition. NO extended release anything lasts very long for me...that's just the me....

Never ends
08-05-17, 03:21 AM
Don't feel bad I'm in the same boat, they up'd me to 1-20 mg XR and it's dead 4-6 hours tops. Some days it doesn't even work. But I have metabolism the speed of light too, so I'm sure it doesn't help matters.

sarahsweets
08-05-17, 06:38 AM
Aderall xr does not last long enough to give you coverage for the whole day. Its not meant to last more than 8 hours at most if you are lucky. I have absorption issues as well, and I take my doses 5 times a day. Most people get about 5-6 hours out of one dose. I am not sure why doctors get this mixed up.

Never ends
08-05-17, 06:29 PM
Aderall xr does not last long enough to give you coverage for the whole day. Its not meant to last more than 8 hours at most if you are lucky. I have absorption issues as well, and I take my doses 5 times a day. Most people get about 5-6 hours out of one dose. I am not sure why doctors get this mixed up.

You're right, I'm still trying to figure out how to get that across to my doctor without screwing myself. I could probly get by with an IR in the morning and the XR of an afternoon but probly not for long.