View Full Version : Guys: Are you an alpha male ?

userguide
08-03-17, 09:21 PM
No, I don't wear fedora ;)

If you don't know, then choose NO

psychopathetic
08-04-17, 06:57 AM
I'm not. Never have been. Very much so prefer to follow than to lead.

I do wear a fedora hat though :p. I don't give 1 bit of a care that I probably look like a complete dork in it lol...I like it and that's that. :D

daveddd
08-04-17, 07:04 AM
I switch often like my moods

I can very much take control at work or in situations at times. Then other times become a church �� mouse

eclectic beagle
08-04-17, 11:45 AM
I don't respond well to attempts at being controlled. I don't care about trying to control most people. The exceptions are people that I'm close to who I see as doing things that are self-destructive.

Emre22
08-04-17, 12:54 PM
When i look at my life, i dont think that i can be called alpha-male
I try so hard, i spent a lot of effort.I am doing more than i am supposed to be.

But being alpha male is completely different thing, if you arent man of success, i dont think that you cant be call alpha-male

I am just doing good, working hard. But i am not at the top at everything

aeon
08-04-17, 01:31 PM
Alpha male?

No, I’m the Omega Man.

Lulz,
Ian

Abi
08-04-17, 07:57 PM
What on earth is an "Alpha male" supposed to be, anyway?

userguide
08-04-17, 08:22 PM

Good question.

I can't describe it well, but I know when I see one.
;)

I thougth it's you Abi who chose YES :)

psychopathetic
08-05-17, 01:33 AM

The leader of the pack? The guy who in most/all(?) group situations just naturally starts taking charge. Loud, in control, not a hint of shyness.
He's definitely comfortable being the center of attention.
They're typically guys well respected by others (both males and females)...the real good ones make everyone feel better about themselves. People find they naturally strive to impress the alpha male and to 'do right by him'.

In a nutshell...alpha males are the strong leaders of groups.

Not all leaders are alpha males though. Only those leaders that make it seem so effortless...who are so confident and natural at delegating tasks and giving out orders.

Hermus
08-05-17, 02:29 AM

That's a term from the pick-up artist scene. Those people who mess insecure guys up by teaching them how to harass women in the streets, instead of teaching them social skills and how to be more kind to themselves. Originally stemming from biology as a term to describe hierarchy in the animal kingdom.

I don't identify as alpha male. I identify as being my own unique self and being happy with that.

userguide
08-05-17, 08:25 AM
The leader of the pack? The guy who in most/all(?) group situations just naturally starts taking charge. Loud, in control, not a hint of shyness.
He's definitely comfortable being the center of attention.
They're typically guys well respected by others (both males and females)...the real good ones make everyone feel better about themselves. People find they naturally strive to impress the alpha male and to 'do right by him'.

In a nutshell...alpha males are the strong leaders of groups.

Not all leaders are alpha males though. Only those leaders that make it seem so effortless...who are so confident and natural at delegating tasks and giving out orders.

Good point, I actually forgot that (bolded part) but when I think of my school days - that was very true.

That's a term from the pick-up artist scene. Those people who mess insecure guys up by teaching them how to harass women in the streets, instead of teaching them social skills and how to be more kind to themselves. Originally stemming from biology as a term to describe hierarchy in the animal kingdom.

I don't identify as alpha male. I identify as being my own unique self and being happy with that.

I always wondered if it really works. What if this is an effective coaching technique for insecure guys and it does work ?

Are there any studies ?

I read a piece about a guy who claimed to have become a millionaire by "messing" with guys this way. If the stuff works, his alpha theory is true. If he was cheating them, wasn't he a self-fulfilling alpha :confused:

psychopathetic
08-05-17, 11:31 AM
Yesterday when I thought of the question "what is an alpha male?" as applied to humans...the first thing that popped into my mind was the chief of police I was lucky enough to have as a professor in college. Now if ever there was a natural born leader in this world! He was big (physically), loud, always seemed in complete control, was HIGHLY intelligent...and I personally felt a pretty strong desire to earn his approval. I worked damned hard in his classes trying to keep him impressed...and I suspect most people in those classes were the same. He commanded respect, but also doled it out to those who earned it.
And he was so in charge!

He...is an alpha male in my mind. He's the leader of the pack. The Alpha Wolf.

But he's such a nice and peaceful example!

Thinking more of it a bit this morning, I think alpha males can be very brutal and negative people as well. There's tons of them throughout history. Lots of alpha males (at least in the way I define them to my own self) will abuse their positions and power to persuade others to do some pretty horrific things.

Here's a question for you guys (and gals)...
What would you call a woman who fits what I consider an 'alpha male'?

psychopathetic
08-05-17, 11:45 AM
Also...I could be very wrong about my definition I'm giving. I'm just throwing out my own ideas on what personally comes to my own mind when thinking about "What is an alpha male?".

I think in truth it's a far deeper question that I'm trying to over simplify...but then again, it's not something I feel a great need to over think either haha :p.

sarahsweets
08-06-17, 07:39 AM
I am so alpha that I melt diamonds with my manliness.

Abi
08-28-17, 05:26 PM
that's a term from the pick-up artist scene. Those people who mess insecure guys up by teaching them how to harass women in the streets, instead of teaching them social skills and how to be more kind to themselves. Originally stemming from biology as a term to describe hierarchy in the animal kingdom.

^^^ this

Greyhound1
08-28-17, 06:16 PM
I am an Alpha male only with myself. I am the furthest thing from a follower and prefer to blaze my own path whether it's right or wrong. I am not much of a leader with others.

I'm only in charge and a leader of one, myself.