View Full Version : Do you guys get a amphetamine rush still?

Cinzzz
08-04-17, 09:48 AM
I'm wondering if any of you guys get that euphoric rush still when you take adderall.

I get annoyed when people say their dose isn't working anymore just because they don't feel that good "rush". That means the dose is too high if you get a rush. It will only lead to addiction and permanent depression without the drug.

So I'm wondering if you guys get that "I want to do everything" manic feeling when you take adderall? If so, you clearly don't have ADHD and you are just becoming dependent on legal amphetamines. It is a long and dark road.

aeon
08-04-17, 10:15 AM
I’ve never gotten a rush from any kind of amphetamine, and I’ve had some quite high doses as part of a medical study.

And that was from both oral and IV administration.

Anyway, your assertion in the third line of your post isn’t necessarily true, nor does it make sense.

Cheers,
Ian

Little Missy
08-04-17, 11:07 AM
I'm wondering if any of you guys get that euphoric rush still when you take adderall.

I get annoyed when people say their dose isn't working anymore just because they don't feel that good "rush". That means the dose is too high if you get a rush. It will only lead to addiction and permanent depression without the drug.

So I'm wondering if you guys get that "I want to do everything" manic feeling when you take adderall? If so, you clearly don't have ADHD and you are just becoming dependent on legal amphetamines. It is a long and dark road.

I'm wondering if you do. Where are you coming up with this?

daveddd
08-04-17, 12:11 PM
I feel a bit of projection here as well

I give up on meds sometimes. I'm prescribed 60mg of adderal a day

When I decide to go back on them I'll get a rush the first day or two

daveddd
08-04-17, 12:24 PM
I see in another thread this is an issue for you

I have many issues I'm not judging you. But what you're doing is something a lot of us do a lot. Because something is the case for you it does not make it common. What you're talking about isn't that common

It's nice you're trying to look out for people though

nanajoy
08-04-17, 11:39 PM
No, never have. That's not at all what I want.

Never ends
08-05-17, 02:51 AM
Me either, only thing it does for me is slow my brain and body down so I can actually see what's going on around me.

sarahsweets
08-05-17, 06:42 AM
nope. Would love it if that was a permament thing but its not.

Pilgrim
08-05-17, 07:23 PM
I don't think I ever got one?

Snoopy10
09-04-17, 10:09 AM
I used to get a happy feeling (I guess that is euphoria) when I would take my first IR of the day but it's been a long time since that's happened. Which is kind of good because same as you, I would wonder if I was just getting a buzz from the pills or were they doing what they were supposed to do? Well, not a problem now. Just doing what they are supposed to ��

unwitting
09-09-17, 04:09 PM
I "feel" it, but it's definitely not a "rush" as you explain. The feeling is that it lowers the background noise in my head, so I have more control over my attention and where it goes. That actually does indeed make me feel good, as in I have more control, but it's not a euphoria.

Maybe if I took way more than I was prescribed I would feel similar to what you suggest, but in a general sense it actually greatly reduces that "I have to do everything at once" feeling I get.

cwf1986
09-10-17, 09:24 PM
I see in another thread this is an issue for you

I have many issues I'm not judging you. But what you're doing is something a lot of us do a lot. Because something is the case for you it does not make it common. What you're talking about isn't that common

It's nice you're trying to look out for people though

Your last line is what I'm giving thanks for. All too often I'll just snap a little at someone to correct them without thinking about intention and feelings.

Some times I have to remind myself of the quote from the Big Lebowski, "You're not wrong, you're just an *******". Guilty as charged at times.

Muggy ray
09-10-17, 09:32 PM
For like the first few days when I started or if I take a break from them, but after that they just make me feel calm and less anxious.

Villafiji
10-03-17, 03:34 AM
I get like a small rush that I can accomplish things without my brain getting bored. I also feel like talking and more social with those around me. It's because I take breaks though. I try for my body not to get too used to it though.

Fraser_0762
10-03-17, 04:23 AM
I don't really see what the big deal is. Some people rely on the "buzz" in order to be more motivated and productive and struggle without it. It shouldn't be a taboo subject.

stef
10-03-17, 06:13 AM
I don't know if it's a "rush",
but I can definitely tell when Ritalin is starting to work.
I feel woken up,
Everything looks clearer. I mean visually; I can actually see the entire street and way up the block (i say this because I generally go out for lunch about an hour after taking it)

Little Missy
10-03-17, 07:17 AM
I don't know if it's a "rush",
but I can definitely tell when Ritalin is starting to work.
I feel woken up,
Everything looks clearer. I mean visually; I can actually see the entire street and way up the block (i say this because I generally go out for lunch about an hour after taking it)

Yeah, after the second cup of thick joe I can tell its time to get going. After the next song. Maybe.

aeon
10-03-17, 08:51 AM
After the next song. Maybe.

And here I was thinking I only hsd one sister.

Keep Grooving,
Ian

Little Missy
10-03-17, 09:18 AM
And here I was thinking I only hsd one sister.

Keep Grooving,
Ian

From another Mister.

huh!

aeon
10-03-17, 10:21 AM
I do get a bit of a “smack!, it’s working” feeling the first time I take it after a break of some length.

That would be this morning, lol.

Someone already said I got up on the right side of the bed. :)

Cheers,
Ian

Stevuke79
10-03-17, 10:27 AM
nope.. not since a few months (or weeks) in.