View Full Version : Do you view people in certain professions as "eccentric"?

eclectic beagle
08-04-17, 11:59 AM
By that I mean, have you ever viewed someone in a particular profession as eccentric solely based on on the fact that they are in that profession?

aeon
08-04-17, 12:19 PM
No.

Cheers,
Ian

Hermus
08-04-17, 12:39 PM
Definitely. If someone is working in science I am inclined to think they are eccentric. That is mostly borne out of experience. Most of the professors I met are quite eccentric people and that makes them often so great, but sometimes difficult to interact with.

Unmanagable
08-04-17, 01:03 PM
Not really, but I often hope for the eccentric weirdness to shine through when having to deal with folks in any profession. It's much more entertaining and can often provide a much richer experience than rehearsed robotic responses provide me.

Little Missy
08-04-17, 01:26 PM
Profession= No

eclectic beagle
08-04-17, 01:47 PM
Guess it's too late to make this thread a poll. Probably would've been more efficient.

stef
08-04-17, 01:55 PM
I used to think that, but what really suprises me is the number of eccentric people in regular professions

sarahsweets
08-05-17, 07:47 AM
I hope I seem eccentric. I dont work, I am just a mom and wife but I like being eccentric.

someothertime
08-05-17, 09:01 AM
Librarians. It's what is on the inside that counts ;)

sarek
08-05-17, 09:15 AM
The vast majority of people in any given field, probably no matter what field that may be, are following mainstream patterns.

A small minority of people, and they can be found everywhere, are game changers and system breakers. They are almost invariably the ones who create the great advances.