View Full Version : Do you feel ignored here on addforums

userguide
08-04-17, 08:53 PM
Warning: First person who says that I should not feel ignored cause I am cool or something like that, pays for the beer tonight

Greyhound1
08-04-17, 10:52 PM
I rarely ever feel ignored here. More often, I feel misunderstood or misinterpreted.

stef
08-05-17, 01:32 AM
sometimes, when it's very slow here in the first place, and i am in a bad mood in the first place;
or some mornings when I write a few posts but hardly anyone is online yet because of the time difference. There is this huge lull of US members going to bed, and Europe not posting yet.

sarahsweets
08-05-17, 07:06 AM
Ignored No. Overlooked? Sometimes. Sometimes threads I post that I think are going to take off fizzle out, and sometimes silly ones of mine blow up. I cant figure it out. Just about everyday I check all the sections I am interested in in case I miss new posts or newbies with questions so that I can help them not feel ignored. It really depends on the people and what they are into/dealing with sometimes.

Fuzzy12
08-05-17, 07:29 AM
No, I don't. (In real life yes, never on here).

I think this forum is the most active that I've ever seen and most posts get replied to fairly quickly.

someothertime
08-05-17, 08:10 AM
Not ignored..... but I definitely think there is a tapering off from regulars once you've been around a while.... it's an unusual feeling ... voidlike...

But I now totally get it.... cause I'm totally guilty on the flipside of skimming posts and "being more selective" about what ( who? ) I read.... and to be quite honest....

It's the hunger for the new that causes me ( and others? ) to skip a vast majority of common names. I apologise wholeheartedly cause I know I don't want to be selective like that.... Then the practicality arises and i'm struggling to focus / time or whatever my reasons are and it seems like it becomes the norm. I will try and do better.

So, not ignored.... but struck by the void of familiarity ;)

Emre22
08-05-17, 03:51 PM
i feel very comfortable here

anonymouslyadd
08-05-17, 04:02 PM
I love this place.

midnightstar
08-05-17, 04:16 PM
No, this is the one place I feel safe and "at home" on. :grouphug:

Fuzzy12
08-05-17, 08:10 PM
Not ignored..... but I definitely think there is a tapering off from regulars once you've been around a while.... it's an unusual feeling ... voidlike...

But I now totally get it.... cause I'm totally guilty on the flipside of skimming posts and "being more selective" about what ( who? ) I read.... and to be quite honest....

It's the hunger for the new that causes me ( and others? ) to skip a vast majority of common names. I apologise wholeheartedly cause I know I don't want to be selective like that.... Then the practicality arises and i'm struggling to focus / time or whatever my reasons are and it seems like it becomes the norm. I will try and do better.

So, not ignored.... but struck by the void of familiarity ;)

It's funny but I am more likely to reply if I'm familiar with the OP. Hopefully if some people like you rather answer new members and some members like me rather answer known members then most posts will get replies.:)

eclectic beagle
08-06-17, 03:53 PM
Sometimes. But, I think this is due to the fact that I'm averse to conflict in written form. IRL, I can do it no problem. Online, I don't have a very easy time standing up for myself and debating. So maybe I only get that sense of being ignored when it comes to the debate threads.

mctavish23
08-06-17, 06:23 PM
What ? :eyebrow:

U R Welcome :cool:

psychopathetic
08-13-17, 03:15 PM
I LOVE these forums...but even I feel ignored once in a great while. Not very often...I've been very spoiled in the kindness and love I've gotten so much of here.

Though I've come to realize over the months that these forums are only able to provide me with a certain level of support...and beyond that level, I'm needing more. And that's not at all the fault of anyone here, it's just how things are.

But there's sometimes where I type something up and am quite miserable, and almost no one sends me e-(((hugs))) or acknowledgment, or anything...and sometimes those posts are kind of me trying to yell out "HELP HELP! I NEED SOME LOVING ATTENTION I'M FALLING APART!!" so when I get almost none of it...I feel ignored and sad.

But then I step back and I'll realize a few things.Like I'll realize that maybe the post I made was really long and was just me rambling on and on...haha of course very few people have the patience for that xP ESPECIALLY on an adhd forum :lol:. Sometimes I have too high of expectations.
Other times...and this happens a LOT...there just isn't a whole lot of people who are active in the parts of the forums I'm a part of the most here (mostly I stick to chit chat)...so there simply isn't very many people who see my posts. I'm not being looked over, or ignored...there's just not much of an audience in the first place. It's like I get up on stage to sing a song when there's only 3 or 4 people in the audience, but when I'm done singing my song I expect a HUGE explosion of clapping and cheering...again, my expectations are a bit high.

This place...or at least chit chat...use to be so much more active with so many more people who showed up daily...I freaking miss those days :(.

psychopathetic
08-13-17, 03:17 PM
What ? :eyebrow:

U R Welcome :cool:

:doh:

lol

I see what you did there! :lol:

peripatetic
08-13-17, 03:43 PM
i said no, but that's because i need something between sometimes and no.

like a, not really, but i can perceive self as being ignored. it's usually when i'm unwell. i feel like people are tired of hearing certain trains of thought or just being around my me-ness when it's a certain flavor.

i also am really crap at actually ASKING for support. like, i don't think i've ever once come right out and said "is anyone available to talk or distract or whatever because i'm not doing well". maybe i've messaged that to a person or five here and there, but i don't think i've ever posted such a thing.

so, it's, like, i want support sometimes, but i'm too messy to actually ask for it from people. especially people i don't have any history with.

overall though, i've had posts get lost in the mix and probably been unseen, but nothing that stands out as bothersome to me now.

did also want to say that i read this and replied within in bold:

But there's sometimes where I type something up and am quite miserable, and almost no one sends me e-(((hugs))) or acknowledgment, or anything...and sometimes those posts are kind of me trying to yell out "HELP HELP! I NEED SOME LOVING ATTENTION I'M FALLING APART!!" so when I get almost none of it...I feel ignored and sad.

i never ever give e-hugs, but not out of disinterest or being unempathetic... i just wasn't online when a lot of the shortcuts and parentheses around a name=hugs was all new and learning as i went along. i just never think to do it. i say things that are supportive, but i confess, i'm not an e hugger. not that i don't appreciate them, because i do. i just never think to reciprocate. it makes sense to me that it's important to you, though, because you give them readily and in times of persons expressing need. i can't guarantee i'll remember to do it...but going forward...consider there an e-hug from me to you on all my correspondence/posts in reply :)

But then I step back and I'll realize a few things.Like I'll realize that maybe the post I made was really long and was just me rambling on and on...haha of course very few people have the patience for that xP ESPECIALLY on an adhd forum :lol:.

i've done that...sorta. i'll write some lengthy near manifesto position statement or ...worse...and then be shocked that nobody's engaging me. mine i think is less that people don't read it and more that they don't want to aggravate me further by saying anything, so they click away...

Other times...and this happens a LOT...there just isn't a whole lot of people who are active in the parts of the forums I'm a part of the most here (mostly I stick to chit chat)...so there simply isn't very many people who see my posts.

i hear you on this. i post in places that don't get much traffic sometimes. like private co existing. or in the public co existing "other".

This place...or at least chit chat...use to be so much more active with so many more people who showed up daily...I freaking miss those days :(.

yes, it did used to be. *I* was much more active in chit chat. for a while i just couldn't go in there because it hurt too much to miss certain people. and i used to play the games threads multiple times per day. but...time presses on me...small girl is napping or i couldn't be here even now. so i get it. but i do miss having more people be more active as a general rule.

sarahsweets
08-14-17, 04:49 AM
I know Im sh*t with the 'thanks' button.

daveddd
08-14-17, 07:37 PM
not ignored

outcast maybe?

sarahsweets
08-16-17, 04:10 AM
not ignored

outcast maybe?

I dont see you as an outcast.

daveddd
08-16-17, 03:53 PM
I dont see you as an outcast.

well thanks, but I'll always feel like an outcast no matter where i am

nobodies fault but mine

Impromptu_DTour
08-17-17, 03:02 AM
i surfed into addf's life on a ****storm wave. moderators of every level sweat at the very presence of my account logged in - wondering when and/or where they will need to deploy against my me'ness and recalcitrance. im like a fecal meteorologist strutting out into the camera stating ...

"WELCOMe.. to MY show.. guess where the ****storm is going to fall today! Here.. HERE..

.. and.. here.

oh and im most definitely coming back there."

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/04/9b/88/049b88e30f8762bee07b9f3393a74514.jpg

No but seriously.. sometimes its nice to be ignored. I havnt been the most responsible with some of my self moderation, cant blame me for being passionate though ;)

iDTour

sarahsweets
08-17-17, 09:51 AM
To clarify...sometimes I think that because I am blunt, direct, sarcastic and playful, people might get the impression that I dont need much support or that they cant offer me much because I seem to independent and self assured to need it.

I spend alot of time on posts to help other people when I can .which might make me seem like a know-it-all and that someone wouldnt be able to tell me something that I dont know.
So I guess I have felt overlooked or bypasses at times. Sometimes I ask for support and only get a couple of replies or I dont ask for support when thats how I should be caring for myself. I darn well know I have to make my needs known if I expect support or help. No one can give support or advice if I dont ask for it.

jkimbo
08-17-17, 02:19 PM
One of the few places I feel at home with :)

I usually have that feeling on facebook and other forums, but not here.

jkimbo
08-17-17, 02:22 PM
To clarify...sometimes I think that because I am blunt, direct, sarcastic and playful, people might get the impression that I dont need much support or that they cant offer me much because I seem to independent and self assured to need it.

I spend alot of time on posts to help other people when I can .which might make me seem like a know-it-all and that someone wouldnt be able to tell me something that I dont know.
So I guess I have felt overlooked or bypasses at times. Sometimes I ask for support and only get a couple of replies or I dont ask for support when thats how I should be caring for myself. I darn well know I have to make my needs known if I expect support or help. No one can give support or advice if I dont ask for it.

Nah, I find we are our own worst critics though, perhaps your judging yourself too harshly? But then again I am not here everyday so my experience will be a little different. I only feel a person thinks they are a know-it-all if they are still new to the forum but have over 500 posts in a short time, they may have a reason to wonder :)

peripatetic
08-17-17, 06:54 PM
well thanks, but I'll always feel like an outcast no matter where i am

nobodies fault but mine

i can relate to that.

i can be surrounded by people i know and feel completely alone.

i do wonder, with respect to this forum, and given how many times i've unraveled on it...

****, i just totally lost my train of thought.

i'm not doing very well right now. it's hard to think around the din.

but i keep trying, right?

that's the thing or the thing to do the thing of things.

yeah, i need to clear my head.

but i think when i've felt alienated from here it's my own doing...because i have more/other than adhd and most of those with my similar side dish ...or main course, with a side of adhd, aren't here anymore. so ...and maybe i've felt alienated at times because i get loopy and discombobulated and post **** that nobody can understand because it's all mixed up.

i think my point was to say: i hear you, dave. x

sarahsweets
08-18-17, 06:50 AM
Nah, I find we are our own worst critics though, perhaps your judging yourself too harshly? But then again I am not here everyday so my experience will be a little different. I only feel a person thinks they are a know-it-all if they are still new to the forum but have over 500 posts in a short time, they may have a reason to wonder :)

I dont know if I would think anyone with alot of posts in a short amount of time is a know it all. I know when I first joined I jumped right in with both feet. I post alot though I tend to do it mostly in the am because its the only time I have for myself and I get up ridiculously early.

jkimbo
08-23-17, 08:23 AM
I dont know if I would think anyone with alot of posts in a short amount of time is a know it all. I know when I first joined I jumped right in with both feet. I post alot though I tend to do it mostly in the am because its the only time I have for myself and I get up ridiculously early.

I merely meant that I really don't think anyone thinks that of you, at least I don't.

KitCat
10-03-17, 01:03 PM
I'm a newbie here and I already feel pretty much at home. Haven't felt ignored at all! Someone posted they have felt that way on Facebook and I can totally relate to that!! I often feel ignored on Facebook, even by friends and family. I guess I don't post enough on there. But, here? So far so good! :)