View Full Version : Countering the fatigue after a dose wears off

Question
08-06-17, 05:32 PM
After a 10mg dose wears off, if I dont take another dose quickly enough, i get hit by massive fatigue. Taking another dose at this point doesnt work very well. It feels like my brain is melting if that makes sense.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to combat the fatigue after a dose wears off? I've tried napping, but it doesnt seem to work very well. The brain still feels really tired after a 3 hour nap for example.

Caffeine in my experience is a bad idea...while i can stay awake, i am pretty much useless as i can barely think/focus on anything.

Question
08-06-17, 09:35 PM
Cant find the edit button...to clarify, im taking instant release dexamphetamine.

Fuzzy12
08-06-17, 11:26 PM
I used to have the same problem. It got better when I reduced the interval between doses so that I took my next dose before the previous one had worn off. About every 2h. Somehow this way even after my last dose I didn't crash anymore and the total duration of coverage was the same with the same total daily dose

sarahsweets
08-07-17, 04:32 AM
I said something in your other thread but I'll share my experience. IR meds are meant to last about 4 hours. Having them last 3 isnt a crazy thing, it can depend on your metabolism and what you eat sometimes. I take adderall xr and I used to take dex spanules. The ir meds never lasted the 4 hours or so they were supposed to. I dose my xr meds like they are ir meds because I have absorption issues and the xr meds do not last the 8 hours they are supposed to either. My experience is, as long as I take the xr meds before they wear off, I dont have that slump you get between each dose.

Question
08-07-17, 11:25 PM
I used to have the same problem. It got better when I reduced the interval between doses so that I took my next dose before the previous one had worn off. About every 2h. Somehow this way even after my last dose I didn't crash anymore and the total duration of coverage was the same with the same total daily dose

Unfortunately i cant do this as i only get 6 tablets a day, which is 3 doses. On the occasions where i had taken the next dose early though, i didnt notice that the total time of the effect increased or anything like that.

Question
08-07-17, 11:29 PM
I said something in your other thread but I'll share my experience. IR meds are meant to last about 4 hours. Having them last 3 isnt a crazy thing, it can depend on your metabolism and what you eat sometimes. I take adderall xr and I used to take dex spanules. The ir meds never lasted the 4 hours or so they were supposed to. I dose my xr meds like they are ir meds because I have absorption issues and the xr meds do not last the 8 hours they are supposed to either. My experience is, as long as I take the xr meds before they wear off, I dont have that slump you get between each dose.

Unfortunately, im referring to the times where i cant take another dose immediately. E.G. I have to do something early in the morning, then again in the late afternoon/evening. Theres a gap period of several hours. I cant dose consecutively or i wont be able to take another dose for the evening without going above the 30mg daily limit (or running out of dex faster than planned).

Its kind of weird, because i dont always get the brain melting feeling when my dose wears off...it only seems to happen if i dont take my second dose quickly enough.

Basically :

Take dose 1 -> gap -> brain feels like its melting

Take dose 1 -> take dose 2 -> take dose 3 -> dose wears off -> feel ok

E.G. Today i took 3 doses as normal, consecutively, and i feel totally fine after my third and final dose of the day wore off.