View Full Version : Tommorow is my first dose

Fjrebqll
08-07-17, 04:26 PM
What can I expect? Its 5mg dextroamphetaminesulfate. Im a bit nervous :p

aeon
08-07-17, 05:00 PM
To the best of your ability, don’t expect anything.

Also, tomorrow will be rife with placebo-style effects and projection, so just take your meds, go about your day, and don’t worry too much about day one.

Cheers,
Ian

Question
08-07-17, 11:33 PM
Most adults will probably need a 10 mg dose or more, the doctor started you off on 5 mg to see how you react to it.

So if it works out for you, 5mg will probably make you feel alert, able to focus, but you will probably feel its not enough, like you are "half way there" so as to speak.

When you go back to your doctor just tell him/her how it worked out for you and he will adjust the dosage accordingly.

Oh heres a tip, at first when you arent used to it, you may end up talking too fast, this can be problematic at meetings, presentations, etc. Try to take a deep breath and force yourself to slow down.

Fjrebqll
08-08-17, 06:08 AM
Thank you both for your answers/tips.

However, took my first dosen 2 hours ago. So far it dont feel that good rly. Much anxiety, a bit sweaty and dizzy. I guess this is normal?

ginniebean
08-08-17, 06:21 PM
Those feelings go away in a few days.. Hang in there.

Question
08-08-17, 06:41 PM
Thank you both for your answers/tips.

However, took my first dosen 2 hours ago. So far it dont feel that good rly. Much anxiety, a bit sweaty and dizzy. I guess this is normal?

You will usually feel more anxious and your heartbeat increases a bit. But do you at least feel better able to focus?

Fjrebqll
08-09-17, 03:16 AM
Those feelings go away in a few days.. Hang in there.

Yeah, I really hope. Maybe I should take benzos to counter while setting in

Fjrebqll
08-09-17, 03:16 AM
You will usually feel more anxious and your heartbeat increases a bit. But do you at least feel better able to focus?

Yes, my vision seemed to be a bit clearer and such but the anxiety was really crippling. To a point where I thought I wouldnt take anymore. But I took today 30 mins ago anyways. I hope the anxiety will lessen :(