View Full Version : Been on Adderall for 9 years need advice

Rustyoldtruck00
08-07-17, 04:52 PM
When I was 20 my doctor prescribed me 30mg twice a day. It brought tears to my eyes because for the first time in my life I was able to sit down and read a college book (was in college at the time). Through out the years, I would experience a weird rush (cleaning up the house fast and multitasking)

I was always on this generic version called teva, which I am still on now, but it's not having the same effects or is this a mental thing. I've tried Concerta about a year ago and for me personally didn't work. For the past six months, I was on a new brand I never tried called Corepharma. It wouldn't make me focus, just gave me lots of energy.

I've been off my Adderall for two and have months until now, decided it was time to try it again. I couldn't do anything at all. It was difficult doing the dishes, cleaning, and focusing on anything. I even started a nasty smoking habit... which I don't do anymore.

In between the ages of 20 and 22 my doctor also gave me Zoloft with my Adderall. Before I was on Zoloft I had a passion for EDM music and would practice for hours on my keyboard, I was actually good. I felt suicidal and stopped taking it, then my motivation went out the window and I have hardly been producing like I use to.

I've shared this with my doctor and he suggested I try another anti depressant, told him I'd rather not. On top of all of this, I also have a learning disability and the Adderall helped me take notes and just be more productive in a good way (like always studying).

I need to know if anyone else has had a similar experience or can give me any advice. I greatly appreciate anyone who has read this and replies back

wonderboy
08-07-17, 08:17 PM
I've shared this with my doctor and he suggested I try another anti depressant, told him I'd rather not. On top of all of this, I also have a learning disability and the Adderall helped me take notes and just be more productive in a good way (like always studying

Although the purpose of this forum is to avoid diagnosing or dispersing medical advise, and although I know only what you stated (which, I understand, is very limited) I feel that sometimes people actually want a diagnosis,while some actually "need" a diagnosis, and some decide, rather contemptuously, to "take the reigns" of their medical care, ultimately displaying a rather poignant naivety with both themselves and (in the end) with those under the purview of their care when taking this course of action.