View Full Version : Anyone trying MyDayIs?

Stevuke79
08-08-17, 09:40 AM
Has anyone tried MyDayIs? Im starting it this week.

Its a new drug by shire thats currently in their "go early program". It's supposed to be one pill that lasts for 12 hours. (Of it actually lasts for 8 that would be fantastic.) It works with those varying size beads... and it has one final size bead that's supposed to keep it going for 12 hours.

I'm currently on XR/IR. I'm putting this in the afterall subthread because it's basically another levo/dextro amphetamine mixture.

Little Missy
08-08-17, 09:51 AM
Never heard of it until now. It says for 13 and younger, so given our 30% behind factor, anything ought to be good!

Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Stevuke79
08-08-17, 11:12 AM
LOL.. it could be. The medication guide I got said it was 13 and older. Again,.. this is not my subject so I may be misunderstanding.

Seriously, .. if one pill lasts 9 hours (it SAYS 12),.. I think I'm in love.

aeon
08-08-17, 11:27 AM
What is the chemical makeup and what is the dosage?

Thanks,
Ian

Little Missy
08-08-17, 12:36 PM
What is the chemical makeup and what is the dosage?

Thanks,
Ian

I'd say google it but since I did and it said for 13 and under :confused:

I may have read it too fast :scratch:

namazu
08-08-17, 01:59 PM
Here's the DailyMed page for Mydayis. (https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=141a7970-3f06-44ea-9ab7-aeece2c085fc)

My psychologist (who works with my psychiatrist) mentioned it last time when I was discussing my current medication not working well. I suspect that Shire has been marketing it heavily.

aeon
08-08-17, 02:44 PM
So, it looks to be Adderall with a new delivery mechanism.

Figures, given patent expiry timelines.

Cheers,
Ian

namazu
08-08-17, 02:51 PM
Steve, best wishes with the new med, and please report back and let us know your experience with it!

Anecdotally, on the forum (and in my personal experience), it seems rare that people get the advertised duration of therapeutic action with any of the extended-release stimulant meds. (I'm sure there are exceptions, and I know there are also some people who get insomnia for hours beyond when the stimulants are supposed to wear off and wouldn't want something that sticks around longer.)

It would be great if they've figured out a way to deliver the med that truly works for a full 12 hours. I'll believe it when I see it (or at least, when credible people report it)!

aeon
08-08-17, 03:46 PM
It would be great if they've figured out a way to deliver the med that truly works for a full 12 hours. I'll believe it when I see it (or at least, when credible people report it)!

They could, but I am jaded enough to think they will always create a “new and improved” that just misses the mark, so as to leave an opportunity for the next patent, marketing, and profit, dog-and-pony show.

Then again, there might also be issues with creating a once-a-day pill that lasts that long because the single pill would likely range from 30mg to 120mg, factors depending, and the FDA will have something to say about that.

Not to mention it will cost major coin if and when it rolls out, so as to satisfy those with Shire stock.

Cheers,
Ian

Little Missy
08-08-17, 04:11 PM
where IS Steve? :confused: Burning daylight!

Stevuke79
08-08-17, 09:45 PM
Hi guys... I can post the medication guide...

[Moderator note: Linked website was full of ads and has been removed. Please see link above.]

finallyfound10
08-09-17, 12:45 AM
I haven't heard of it but I am interested in reading more about it.

Good to see you Steve, I was wondering where you had gone!

Stevuke79
08-09-17, 09:11 AM
Got it,... i see my link had some problems but the information is easy enough to find.

Good to see you too finallyfound!

Little Missy
08-09-17, 09:32 AM
Got it,... i see my link had some problems but the information is easy enough to find.

Good to see you too finallyfound!

Have you tried it yet??

Stevuke79
08-09-17, 09:40 AM
Nope, .. I suspect it will be in by tomorrow or Friday,.. but who knows. (they said today or Thursday,.. and they're actually usually early,.. but it's a new drug.)

Having read a bit more, it's the exact same mix as Adderall,.. it's just a different distribution of beads than adderall XR.. I'm on 30-40mg of XR/IR.. so I'm not sure how this will do me any better.

But why not try it?

And at the very least, I will be getting my medication for $15/year for at least 12 years.. so if it's even similar I will be saving money.
(that's the deal they are giving to all of us pre-market guinea pigs, lol.. $3 first script,.. $15/year during the trial,.. then when the trial ends, $15/year for 12 years. I guess in case it takes time for insurance to cover it.)

Little Missy
08-09-17, 09:43 AM
ah...Guinea Steve. Yeah!

sarahsweets
08-11-17, 07:02 AM
I wonder if this has to do with the patent Shire has on vyvanse expiring in a year or two??

CharlesH
08-12-17, 01:51 AM
I wonder if this has to do with the patent Shire has on vyvanse expiring in a year or two??

Last I had heard, Vyvanse's patent was until 2022. But patent law is notoriously complicated, and competing companies are always suing to invalidate or shorten the duration of patents. Maybe Shire knows or suspects something that the rest of the public isn't aware of in regards to their Vyvanse patent.

Personally, I think MyDayIs is a silly scheme to increase profits. It's basically just Adderall XR with an additional round of extra- delayed release beads. You could get a similar result by just taking Adderall XR, and then adding a cheap IR dose about 8 hours afterwards.

NRoutz
08-14-17, 05:21 PM
Has anyone tried MyDayIs? Im starting it this week.

Its a new drug by shire thats currently in their "go early program". It's supposed to be one pill that lasts for 12 hours. (Of it actually lasts for 8 that would be fantastic.) It works with those varying size beads... and it has one final size bead that's supposed to keep it going for 12 hours.

I'm currently on XR/IR. I'm putting this in the afterall subthread because it's basically another levo/dextro amphetamine mixture.

I'm part of the new start program as well. I'm supposed to pick up my script tomorrow. I was told that it was to last up to 16 hours. I'm pretty nervous about it, but if it can get me through a 10 hour workday, I'll be happy. The XR wasn't doing anything for me by lunch time (about 5.5 hours into my day) so I was taking the IR to supplement it. That still wasn't working so my doctor has me on 20mg IR twice a day now. I guess we will see how it goes on the mydayis at 37.5.
Would be pretty cool to have a forum for all the new starts. I have anxiety issues as well so knowing that other people are going through this would be awesome. :p

Never ends
08-19-17, 09:33 PM
Any update on this? If my p-doc is going to keep being tight, this may be something for me to look into for myself.

TrapezoidPills
08-22-17, 06:09 PM
Its their 'oh no vyvanse is going to expire in 2020!' drug.

Its just gonna be even more expensive than anything else.

Stevuke79
08-23-17, 09:10 AM
So far it's fine.. I'm on 25mg.. I think I need the next higher dose but I'll ask the doc.

Maybe it lasts a little longer than XR.

aeon
08-23-17, 10:05 AM

Its their 'oh no vyvanse is going to expire in 2020!' drug.

No, this is related to Adderall, not Vyvanse.

Cheers,
Ian

TrapezoidPills
08-24-17, 04:37 AM

Cheers,
Ian

They owned Adderall XR, before it went generic they bought up Vyvanse (re: mydayis was previously under development before vyvanse was released) and now they're pushing this one out before the vyvanse goes generic.

See a pattern here?

aeon
08-24-17, 10:22 AM
See a pattern here?

Yes, and my statement stands.

Thanks,
Ian

NRoutz
08-25-17, 04:02 AM
I don't feel like it works more than about 8 hours. I take 37.5 and I am going to see about having my dose upped to 50. It DEFINITELY takes at least an hour or so to kick in. I do like that I don't feel all speedy though the way Adderall IR makes me feel when I first started taking it. It also seems to release better if I eat something with it. But by 3pm I'm unfocused and all over the place again mentally. My doctor doesn't want me to take any IR with it. Initially it works okay but I don't think it should be marketed as 16 hours. Also, off subject: my face gets really oily and I'm pretty sure that it's the medicine doing it. If it wasn't as cheap as it is with Shire giving us the "early start" discount, I would rather go back to either 220mg IR daily or XR with an IR follow up. I see my shrink on September 5th and if she doesn't want to up the dose I might have to explore other options. Kinda bummed that so far it hasn't really kept up to being the one pill all day cure I hoped it could be. If this thread is still alive in a couple weeks, I'll post any new developments.

CharlesH
08-29-17, 01:33 AM
I don't feel like it works more than about 8 hours. I take 37.5 and I am going to see about having my dose upped to 50. It DEFINITELY takes at least an hour or so to kick in. I do like that I don't feel all speedy though the way Adderall IR makes me feel when I first started taking it. It also seems to release better if I eat something with it. But by 3pm I'm unfocused and all over the place again mentally. My doctor doesn't want me to take any IR with it. Initially it works okay but I don't think it should be marketed as 16 hours. Also, off subject: my face gets really oily and I'm pretty sure that it's the medicine doing it. If it wasn't as cheap as it is with Shire giving us the "early start" discount, I would rather go back to either 220mg IR daily or XR with an IR follow up. I see my shrink on September 5th and if she doesn't want to up the dose I might have to explore other options. Kinda bummed that so far it hasn't really kept up to being the one pill all day cure I hoped it could be. If this thread is still alive in a couple weeks, I'll post any new developments.

If you previously needed 220 mg of amphetamine/day, then my guess is that 50 mg of amphetamine/day probably isn't going to work. 220 mg amphetamine/day is a pretty high dose!

sarahsweets
08-29-17, 05:09 AM

Cheers,
Ian

What I meant was since the possibility of vyvanse not being the expensive brand that offers no generic, is it possible this new drug is sliding into that place in the market, regardless of what company makes it?

Almost like Shire had their turn with a patent on an expensive brand with no generic and now the company who makes this drug is taking their turn? ( who makes this one btw?)
And its not out of the realm of possibility that two companies can be in collusion with each other to take turns cornering the market on a certain brand of drug. I forget which company,(maybe it was teva ), but whichever company was fined and got in trouble for that very thing- paying a generic company off to not pursue a generic until the brand company had time to make a buttload off of a popular drug,

Little Missy
08-29-17, 09:10 AM
Hey Steve! Do you get to take The MyDayIs Nap?

Stevuke79
08-29-17, 09:47 AM
Yup... I'm on 25mg... I think I need more... I'll call my doc.

I'm almost out so I have to fill my new script anyway lol... I used to be on 30-40 mg adderall

sarahsweets
08-29-17, 10:19 AM
If you previously needed 220 mg of amphetamine/day, then my guess is that 50 mg of amphetamine/day probably isn't going to work. 220 mg amphetamine/day is a pretty high dose!

I feel like this person meant 2 20mg IR a day..do you think thats it?

sarahsweets
08-29-17, 10:25 AM

Cheers,
Ian

Another thing I meant was Shire makes the brand adderall xr and vyvanse. Does Shire own mydayis or someone else?

Stevuke79
08-29-17, 01:02 PM
Yup.... my dayis is shire :)

CharlesH
08-30-17, 04:38 AM
I feel like this person meant 2 20mg IR a day..do you think thats it?

Yeah, that would make more sense. Hopefully the person will respond!

NRoutz
09-03-17, 08:20 PM
Yeah, that would make more sense. Hopefully the person will respond!

Haha, yes, two 20mg pills daily is what I meant!

TrapezoidPills
09-04-17, 12:19 AM
What I meant was since the possibility of vyvanse not being the expensive brand that offers no generic, is it possible this new drug is sliding into that place in the market, regardless of what company makes it?

Almost like Shire had their turn with a patent on an expensive brand with no generic and now the company who makes this drug is taking their turn? ( who makes this one btw?)

Again.

Also Shire.

Nwcxhixxx
09-04-17, 01:07 AM
So I will do my best to address all of the issues brought up in this chain. I have been taking 50mg mydayis for 3 months now as a shire go early beta patient. It is 50mg at its strongest which is supposed to be equivalent of an even dosing to taking a 30mg IR that lasts for 16 hrs.

1.) It takes 1.5-3 hrs to kick in and if you take 90 mg a day of A as I was prior, 2 are really necessary to match my 3 30mg a day but 30 a month is max dosage.
2.) It does produce "oily face" as one poster commented, I also feel like any heat at all causes excessive perspiration. Dry mouth and bad breath are also a side effect that I did not experience with A in the same way.
3.) GoEarly pricing is $3 for first 3 months, $15 for the next 12 but that is only for patients with qualifying health insurance policies that are scheduling it as a $50 or less copay script once promo ends. Not 12 years and not $15 a month without insurance coverage that picks up the bill after month 15. The first month the promo didn't apply properly and 30 caps was $419.57 before Shire straightened it out. It also requires preorder to fill meaning you must drop off script and wait min 2 business days for pharmacy to get it in. I live in semi downtown Chicago and the only pharmacy sticking it at the time of my first script was 50 mins and 30 miles away. Walgreens took in the script Wednesday and filled Saturday and the order provides 100 capsules, enough for 3 months if you are the only patient at the pharmacy being prescribed.
4.) It does not have the downswing A or V has it is actually a very tolerable and subtle drop off in the evening.
5.) The capsules are very large and are gel caps filled with balls similar to XR. The capsules are very sensitive to moisture, stick in your throat (or at least it feels that way sometimes) and taste like chemicals. Not pleasant.
6.) My contacts are almost impossible to wear all day as my eyes are extremely dry by 3 or 4 every day, this is another thing that is a new and not so great of a situation as I don't wear my glasses very often typically.
7.) While the effects are there, there is definitely a sense of dullness that I do not feel when on typical A and V dosage. When working I notice myself getting stuck on remembering certain words and specific details which never happens with other Meds.
8.) It is described on packaging as for treatment of 13 yr and older ADHD patients only.
9.) anything else you want to know ask.

34/M/ADHD patient since 2003

phlylady
09-12-17, 02:12 PM
How long does it actually last? I am skeptical of the 16-hour claims. I really need 12-hour coverage but I only get about 6-8 because my IRs only last 2 hours. :(

Stevuke79
09-12-17, 02:29 PM
phylady..
so it according to the literature it takes 2-4 hours to kick in .. and then it lasts 16 hours from the time you take it.. so it's saying it actually lasts 12 hours. (I think that's what the material said.)

I'm on my second day on a higher dose. (the lower dose didn't do much) I'd say yesterday I got a good 7 or 8 hours.. so far today I took it 8 hours ago and I feel like I'm still good (which means I have had 4-6 hours of actual effectiveness today so far).

phlylady
09-12-17, 06:53 PM
Oh wow taking 2-4 hours to kick in would be a deal breaker for me. I can't be useless all morning.

mekaliah
09-19-17, 11:46 PM
Ok, so it does work roughly 16 hours? does it make you zoned out? is there a crash?

Stevuke79
09-20-17, 12:15 PM
I've been on adderall for 32 years which affects how I will react.

I'd say it kicks in after 1.5 hours... and lasts about 8 hours after that... which is the best I ever had.

I haven't felt zoned out and I haven't crashed. Actually I've been more productive lately than I usually am on adderall... but I've also been focusing more before taking mydayis.

DeannaDuarte
09-21-17, 12:18 AM
Never heard about it before.

CharlesH
09-21-17, 05:27 AM
phylady..
so it according to the literature it takes 2-4 hours to kick in .. and then it lasts 16 hours from the time you take it.. so it's saying it actually lasts 12 hours. (I think that's what the material said.)

I'm on my second day on a higher dose. (the lower dose didn't do much) I'd say yesterday I got a good 7 or 8 hours.. so far today I took it 8 hours ago and I feel like I'm still good (which means I have had 4-6 hours of actual effectiveness today so far).

Isn't MyDayIs just Adderall XR with an additional round of delayed release beads? Unless Adderall XR normally takes 2-4 for onset of therapeutic effects, I don't understand why MyDayIs should take this long.

Shelsi
09-21-17, 09:13 AM
I'm started it today. I felt it kick in 1 hr 45 mins later. I've been zoned & dull ever since.

A few points though:
- I'm very likely on too low of a dose since my doc wanted to start on the lowest (12.5 mg). He told me if it feels like it's not enough to just take my IR on top of the Mydayis until my next appt.
- I was on 20 mg IR twice a day but was noticing that it wasn't quite working for me like it had.
- I am inattentive type - the IR worked for me but had a tendency to make me somewhat hyper

I'd really love for this stuff to work for me. It's ridiculous but I always forget to take my IR even though I really need it (Oh the irony of trying to remember to take a pill that helps your memory!!)

Little Missy
09-21-17, 09:22 AM
Anyone want to know how My Day Is? :eyebrow:

I'd like to try it.

Kinnear
09-24-17, 03:47 PM
Dr is wanting me to try this. I am currently on adderall ir 20s twice a day. The reviews I've been reading don't sound to great. Anyone love it compared to adderall ir? And do you wake up early since it seems to take over an hour to kick in?

mekaliah
09-25-17, 12:35 AM
I've been on adderall for 32 years which affects how I will react.

I'd say it kicks in after 1.5 hours... and lasts about 8 hours after that... which is the best I ever had.

I haven't felt zoned out and I haven't crashed. Actually I've been more productive lately than I usually am on adderall... but I've also been focusing more before taking mydayis.

Have you ever been on vyvanse? can i just assume that mydayis isn't any better than vyvanse as far as coverage goes? im on 60 mgs of vyvanse and im get 14 hours of coverage. idk how and idk why lol.

sarahsweets
09-25-17, 08:27 AM
If it wasnt Shire's way of milking the consumer I guess Id be more hopeful.

Stevuke79
09-25-17, 04:14 PM
Have you ever been on vyvanse? can i just assume that mydayis isn't any better than vyvanse as far as coverage goes? im on 60 mgs of vyvanse and im get 14 hours of coverage. idk how and idk why lol.

I wouldn't know.. I had a bad reaction to vyvanse. It made me jittery and irritable.

I would say it's fairly similar to adderall XR... im not even sure there is a difference for me between mydayis and XR. Honestly if you're getting 14 hours on Vyvanse, .. i think (im no doctor) that's about as good as one can expect to do.

Stevuke79
09-25-17, 04:15 PM
If it wasnt Shire's way of milking the consumer I guess Id be more hopeful.

lol,.. yeah.. to me it's very similar to good ol xr.

aeon
09-25-17, 04:43 PM
MyDayIs = Adderall XRXXL Mega-Lasting Spanxule

:D
Ian

Stevuke79
09-25-17, 05:21 PM
Seriously ... what do I know? I'm just an ignorant consumer...

morillo.nate
09-26-17, 09:30 AM
Can you give us an udate on how your My Day Is going? :)

Stevuke79
09-26-17, 11:03 AM
So far so good..
It might be a LITTLE better than XR.. but I'm also taking SLIGHTLY more on average.

(30-40 of XR vs 37.5 of MyDayIs. )

stacers
09-26-17, 01:22 PM
I started last week. Low dose. This week I was bumped up to the 37.5 and next week I will be at the 50. It for sure lasts longer than anything I have been on before. With the 37.5 I have had side effects like a slight headache but hopefully that will go away. My motivation is good right now, although I do notice some slight crashes still. For me it is like a longer lasting version of Adderall XR. For reference - I am not a fan of vyvanse, it makes me extremely tired. I am hoping this works because I've been struggling to find the correct dose/meds for a while now!

Stevuke79
09-27-17, 10:04 AM
I started last week. Low dose. This week I was bumped up to the 37.5 and next week I will be at the 50. It for sure lasts longer than anything I have been on before. With the 37.5 I have had side effects like a slight headache but hopefully that will go away. My motivation is good right now, although I do notice some slight crashes still. For me it is like a longer lasting version of Adderall XR. For reference - I am not a fan of vyvanse, it makes me extremely tired. I am hoping this works because I've been struggling to find the correct dose/meds for a while now!

I'm so glad I posted this thread because I also started having headaches recently, but I thought nothing of it. (I do a few things that can cause headaches and I've been doing those things more heavily lately so I chalked it up to that.)

Now I'm wondering if it's the meds. I guess I'll have to pay more attention.

Other than that I can pretty much relate to what you say,.. it's like a longer lasting XR. (Btw, I used to be on 60-80mg of XR.. but my new doc brought me down to 30, then up to 50mg, .. and that's actually been working better. I say that to give perspective on my 37.5)

mekaliah
09-30-17, 09:24 PM
I think when I go back to my dr here in a couple of weeks im too curious. lol.

Shelsi
10-18-17, 08:52 AM
So far I LOVE it!

Granted, I've never taken any extended release before so this is my only experience. I was on 20 mg IR twice a day but was really struggling with tasks after 5 pm.

I'm now on 37.5 mg Mydayis and it's super smooth for me. I feel it kick in about 60-90 mins after I take it & the cool part is that I don't really feel it go away.

So far I am really really happy with it.

Stevuke79
10-18-17, 04:01 PM
So far I LOVE it!

Granted, I've never taken any extended release before so this is my only experience. I was on 20 mg IR twice a day but was really struggling with tasks after 5 pm.

I'm now on 37.5 mg Mydayis and it's super smooth for me. I feel it kick in about 60-90 mins after I take it & the cool part is that I don't really feel it go away.

So far I am really really happy with it.

Similar experience here.. what really nice for me is that I've noticed I've been more productive lately.

Little Missy
10-18-17, 04:15 PM
ooo! oooo! Me! ME!

Stevuke79
10-19-17, 12:11 PM
ooo! oooo! Me! ME!

really? thats great!

Little Missy
10-19-17, 01:28 PM
really? thats great!

yeah, something has got to give. No Sandoz available, I have Teva until after the new year but it is not cuttin' the mustard.

Stevuke79
10-19-17, 02:18 PM
ohh.. i read "me too me too" ..

Funny,.. i had a bad experience with teva as well.

Little Missy
10-19-17, 04:19 PM
ohh.. i read "me too me too" ..

Funny,.. i had a bad experience with teva as well.

It changed. well, to be honest, it was 5 or more years ago when I took it last and has been Sandoz ever since. Hard to tell, but I've had the most miserable 3 weeks on it and my druggist said he probably will not see Sandoz until after the new year. He has gobs of aurobindo but no one will take it here!

So, I'll go and get a script for Mydayis. There is no more Zenzedi, no more Evekeo, I can get generic dex but...we'll see. Gotta run and pick up LOL's script so I'll ask him what to do. I just want to be ME again.

I have never experienced this before and I'm not thrilled about it. He explained how and why and it correlates with the how and why in big cities. I guess it finally hit us westerns. :confused: this is how I feel all the time :confused:

Funky1
12-09-17, 01:41 PM
My pharmacy is giving me some flak about the Shire "$3 script" deal, but once that's resolved I'll be giving Mydayis a try. I have terrible problems with dose longevity, so hopefully this will help. Also found out recently that I have a folate shortage that may be related to my inability to get full benefit from my meds, so I'll also be starting on L-methylfolate as soon as my insurance figures that one out. For the record, I HATE Cigna, they've had me jumping through hoops from the very beginning.

QuasarMind
12-13-17, 10:56 PM
My experience with one month 25mg and just started the 2nd month on 37.5's. I am male and have a high body weight of 325lbs at 6'1. It does not last nearly as long as advertised, peaking out in about 2 hours and tapers off by hour 4 with hour 7 from ingestion being the last hour of full effect. The medication does not seem as sensitive as Vyvanse to food and the timescale I gave is similar both with a light meal and without. With Vyvanse I felt more enthusiasm but on Mydayis my ADD seems better treated with clearer mindless and thinking. My vote is Mydayis over Vyvanse for sure and it's been too long since I have taken Adderall to compare. Retail price is $312 or free for low income with Shire Cares.