View Full Version : EEG biomarker useful to confirm ADHD diagnosis and possible misdiagnosis?

mildadhd
08-03-17, 05:24 PM
Hi.

I'm trying to learn more about EEG, slow waves, being a possible AD(H)D biomarker, etc.?

Any information that I could review to help me understand these topics better, is appreciated.

Please excuse my lack of terminology and understanding of the information at this point.

M

mildadhd
08-09-17, 10:14 AM
SPECIAL CONDITIONS FOR USE

NEBA interpretation guidelines are based on the clinician’s initial diagnostic evaluation, the subject’s age and the EEG results.

The device user refers to the individual who prescribes device use and performs the initial diagnostic assessment.

In order to use the NEBA System, the user should be medical professionals with expertise in the assessment of psychiatric disorders and must have familiarized themselves with all the manuals and labeling of the NEBA System.

The clinician must perform a diagnostic evaluation per the standard of their practice.

The clinician’s evaluation separates the patients into three groups:

1) ADHD is primary diagnosis,

2) uncertain for ADHD as primary diagnosis, and..

3) other condition is primary diagnosis.

To generate a NEBA Report, the technician or clinician submits to NEBA Health the clinician’s initial clinical evaluation result for ADHD primary diagnosis along with the EEG collected from the patient.

NEBA Health generates and returns a NEBA Report based on validated NEBA interpretation guidelines.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/reviews/K112711.pdf

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone has had a ADHD diagnosis confirmed or a misdiagnosis confirmed, using "EEG-BASED ASSESSMENT AID FOR ADHD"?

M

mildadhd
08-09-17, 10:50 AM
INDICATIONS FOR USE

The Neuropsychiatric EEG-Based ADHD Assessment Aid (NEBA®) uses the theta/beta ratio of the EEG measured at electrode CZ on a patient 6-17 years of age combined with a clinician’s evaluation to aid in the diagnosis of ADHD.

NEBA should only be used by a clinician as confirmatory support for a completed clinical evaluation or as support for the clinician's decision to pursue further testing following a clinical evaluation.

The device is NOT to be used as a stand-alone in the evaluation or diagnosis of ADHD.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/reviews/K112711.pdf

M

WhiteOwl
10-07-17, 11:26 AM
I used to work in a Neurology clinic and performed EEGs. Most of them were to check for seizure related activity. I don't remember any of our patient's being there for ADHD, but this was years ago and things may have changed. I have heard that it can be diagnosed with other diagnostic tools, such as MRI. I don't know much about that, though, I think it's an up and coming thing. I find this very interesting and will have to read more about it. Never ever heard of NEBA, wow!