View Full Version : Ritalin Question

Kman7000
08-10-17, 10:03 PM
Hello not sure if I'm posting this in the right place as I'm new to this forum please be understanding

I have ADHD and been on and off ritalin since I was 7 years old I'm 22 now I'm on 30mg of ritalin IR 20mg in the morning and 10mg in the afternoon
For about a week I have been experiencing this mild head pressure like my face feels strange its not serious but noticeable it's hard to explain I have recently had my blood pressure checked about 2 weeks ago my blood pressure was fine could it be possible my blood pressure has changed since then or something has anyone else experienced this

namazu
08-10-17, 10:16 PM
Hi, and welcome to ADDF.

Was your blood pressure checked while you were taking the medication?

Have you recently changed your dose of Ritalin?

If your BP was fine on meds and nothing's really changed, it may not be blood pressure (or Ritalin) causing the feelings of pressure.

Sometimes allergies, minor irritations, or infections can cause pressure or congestion in the head.

If it persists and it's distracting or gets worse, I'd bring it up with the doctor. They can help you figure out what you may be able to do about it.

Kman7000
08-10-17, 10:25 PM
Yeah my blood pressure was checked while on the medication thanks for your reply it made me feel better cause I have been stressing a little over it