View Full Version : Adderall generics

AED1955
08-13-17, 04:10 PM
I have taken a number of different Adderall generics over the last 5 years and I have concluded one the worst things you can do before taking a different one is to search this site or even the web in general for opinions.

I just filled a new script and surprise, surprise, the Mylan I was receiving, which by the way had been working fine, was replaced with the dreaded Aurobindo.
Right away I am very upset, after all practically no one likes this brand. With reports from no effectiveness at all to severe headaches, etc, etc.

So I get home and decide to take one. Lo and behold it actually works about the same as any of the other generics I have taken over the years. So then I think, this is just a fluke, and after I have taken them for a few days I am going to be in big trouble. I take them for about a week, expecting any day to end up in the emergency room, but nothing changes, they work the same as the first dose.

Look, don't get me wrong, I am not saying some individuals aren't experiencing issues with aurobindo as well as some of the other generics, but I truly believe a lot of the bad experiences are being tainted by what they read on the net.

I know a lot of people believe the FDA is not doing their job or is on the take somehow, but personally I still think this is best place to get information. For instance take a look at:

www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/EnforcementReports/ucm310739.htm

I was especially amazed by the huge number of drug companies that are listed, most of which I have never heard of. Oddly enough, I did a page search for Aurobindo and didn't get a single hit.

So, anyway, from now on, I'm not going to pass judgement on any generic until I have at least taken a few and decided for myself if they are good or bad.

wonderboy
08-13-17, 04:44 PM
"I know a lot of people believe the FDA is not doing their job or is on the take somehow, but personally I still think this is best place to get information"

I personally feel that the FDA is one gigantic highly incompetent bureaucracy

sarahsweets
08-29-17, 06:23 AM
I guess I missed this post.

Look, don't get me wrong, I am not saying some individuals aren't experiencing issues with aurobindo as well as some of the other generics, but I truly believe a lot of the bad experiences are being tainted by what they read on the net.

I kinda agree. I mean that, you cant discount people's experiences regardless of registered complaints in the FDA's database. But at the same time it gets you aware of other people's opinions to read whats on the internet and know what to look out for. Ultimately its very individual/

I know a lot of people believe the FDA is not doing their job or is on the take somehow, but personally I still think this is best place to get information. For instance take a look at:

www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/EnforcementReports/ucm310739.htm

I was especially amazed by the huge number of drug companies that are listed, most of which I have never heard of. Oddly enough, I did a page search for Aurobindo and didn't get a single hit.

So, anyway, from now on, I'm not going to pass judgement on any generic until I have at least taken a few and decided for myself if they are good or bad.

This is an good plan. You can read about what to look for but reserve judgement, of course you also dont want anything ton become a self confirming prophecy. Alot of people complain about Teva or Barr but they are the same company. Many people complain about Shire being better than the generic XR's by Global, and Teva/Barr. Shire makes all those xr generics except IMPAX and ACTAVIS.