View Full Version : L tyrosine, 5HTP and Multivitamins with Concerta/Vyvanse?

AaronJP
08-13-17, 11:22 PM
Okay so I'll just jump right into it. I have severe ADHD(In the 99th Percentile) and really low dopamine levels. I'm planning on trying L-Tyrosine and Concerta(Currently on Concerta and will be trying Vyvanse soon I do believe. Obviously as prescribed by my GP) together followed by 5HTP around the time its supposed to wear off/before bed. I understand how excess dopamine and the like can cause receptor downregulation(Potentially permanent) and I was curious if doing this with high functioning ADHD and low dopamine would lessen the severity of such possibilities? I also take Multivitamins, Omega 3's, Cranberry pills and a few other things because where I live(Newfoundland Canada) everything is fairly expensive, theres minimal sunlight and the most common thing eaten here are potatoes as thats all that we can really grow throughout the whole year haha

sarahsweets
08-14-17, 05:06 AM
I didnt know there were precentiles for severity. Where can I find info about that? Also how did you find out you have low dopamine? Is there some kind of test for it? Is your doctor on board with you treating it this way?

AaronJP
08-14-17, 12:26 PM
The Diagnosis for ADHD is symptom based. Heres a portion of my diagnosis. I was going to add a picture but you need a URL to do so. "The client's rating of current symptoms was at the 99th Percentile for total symptom score for inattention; at the 94th percentile for hyperactivity; and at the 99th percentile for impulsiveness. The total ADHD score was at the 99th Percentile.".

Low dopamine is also symptom based. Of course, we cant test for the chemical imbalance right now with our medical technology lol and nowhere did I say we could.

sarahsweets
08-15-17, 04:24 AM
The Diagnosis for ADHD is symptom based. Heres a portion of my diagnosis. I was going to add a picture but you need a URL to do so. "The client's rating of current symptoms was at the 99th Percentile for total symptom score for inattention; at the 94th percentile for hyperactivity; and at the 99th percentile for impulsiveness. The total ADHD score was at the 99th Percentile.".

Low dopamine is also symptom based. Of course, we cant test for the chemical imbalance right now with our medical technology lol and nowhere did I say we could.
There is a sight that generates URL's for message boards if you have a pic or video. I cant link to it but google tinypic dot com.

AaronJP
08-15-17, 08:57 PM
http://imgur.com/a/EWsIf that site wasnt working all that well because the picture format so I searched around and found imgur :P

sarahsweets
08-16-17, 04:30 AM
The reason I asked about dopamine is people like to say they have too much or not enough dopamine without any real testing to determine that. Are there medical tests for detecting how much dopamine someone has?