View Full Version : Interval time between Ritalin doses

MaBrainWontStop
08-14-17, 07:03 PM
Hello guys,

For those of you on Ritalin/Methylphenidate regular version (instant release), which interval time between doses suited better for you?

1 year ago I had 1 dose every 4 hours but am now taking 1 dose every 2 and 1/2 hours and was wondering if it's too much.
I've researched some of the methylphenidate concentration studies but it varies a lot.

Thanks.

sarahsweets
08-15-17, 04:22 AM
IR ritalin in theory is supposed to last about 4 hours. IME with it and other IR meds I found it to last about 2 to 2.5 hours. Granted I have absorption issues but this was the case even before those issues began. When I took IR meds I wasnt getting good coverage and had to take multiple smaller doses every 3 or so hours and taking my meds was turning into a full time job. I switched to xr meds years ago and even with them due to my issues I have to take them every 4 hours or so. You are not crazy for feeling like you need more coverage. For a short while and IR/xr combo worked well but all xr works best for me. I cant take ritalin because of mood issues but I take adderall and I thought Id share because the situation is similar.