View Full Version : How not to let procrastination affect people's opinion of you

acdc01
08-16-17, 11:31 PM
There are 2 steps to a task. First is for me to complete the design.

Second is to give it to a technician to finalize it. When I know a technician isn't going to be able to start my project until late, I can't get myself to finish mypart until right before he starts his part cause I know I'm not affecting the critical path timeline. And I can't not know his schedule.

The problem is, another designer who's my counterpart will finish well in advance of when the tech can start his part.

The tech end up not being able to start their part until after the orginal 1st draft due date. So both mine and the other designers 1st draft products end up not being completed until say 2 days late. The final products always go out on time for both of us. So we both made the client equally happy and we both met the same schedules.

Theoretically since both our products were finished on the same days you might think the opinions of our performance would be the same, but these days it's not.

Because the other designer finished his part so early, it's not seen as his fault that the 1st draft product was late even though it makes absolutely zero difference in the time schedules that he finished his part so early. He actually looks good cause he was so ahead even though that extra time was useless.

I on the other hand am now burned out to the point where I can't finish more than a day before the technician is going to start. This makes people nervous and upset I'm cutting things so close even though I always meet the same schedule. And if I mention that the techs were busy then they would see me using the techs as an excuse for me finishing my part so late.

It's just a miserable feeling when you know you are producing the same products to the same quality (sometimes better) and schedule and yet the perception is so vastly different.

And I absolutely cannot finish way in advance of when the techs can start like my nt coworker.

I actually wrote in my accommodations that I'm supposed to have access to a tech when needed. So theoreticslly, if I need the tech to start earlier on my stuff I should get it. But my boss has zero control over the techs so can't get them to start on my stuff earlier. I would have to switch to another supervisor to get techs to start my stuff earlier. The higher up wanted me in this particular group due to my area of expertise so there might be a little disappointed if I switched. Plus the techs would not be happy.

What do you guys think I should do to keep up people's opinions of me? It's just a miserable feeling when you know you are producing the same products to the same quality (sometimes better) and schedule and yet the perception is so vastly different.

anonymouslyadd
08-17-17, 12:56 AM
It's just a miserable feeling when you know you are producing the same products to the same quality (sometimes better) and schedule and yet the perception is so vastly different.
I don't have an answer for that one. It sounds like you cannot win. I'm spinning my wheels trying to figure out how to handle it.

What type of feedback have you been receiving? What's the incentive of your NT coworker to finish is faster? Is he getting anything out of it?

sarahsweets
08-17-17, 05:37 AM
There are 2 steps to a task. First is for me to complete the design.

Second is to give it to a technician to finalize it. When I know a technician isn't going to be able to start my project until late, I can't get myself to finish mypart until right before he starts his part cause I know I'm not affecting the critical path timeline. And I can't not know his schedule.

The problem is, another designer who's my counterpart will finish well in advance of when the tech can start his part.

The tech end up not being able to start their part until after the orginal 1st draft due date. So both mine and the other designers 1st draft products end up not being completed until say 2 days late. The final products always go out on time for both of us. So we both made the client equally happy and we both met the same schedules.

Theoretically since both our products were finished on the same days you might think the opinions of our performance would be the same, but these days it's not.

Because the other designer finished his part so early, it's not seen as his fault that the 1st draft product was late even though it makes absolutely zero difference in the time schedules that he finished his part so early. He actually looks good cause he was so ahead even though that extra time was useless.

I on the other hand am now burned out to the point where I can't finish more than a day before the technician is going to start. This makes people nervous and upset I'm cutting things so close even though I always meet the same schedule. And if I mention that the techs were busy then they would see me using the techs as an excuse for me finishing my part so late.

And I absolutely cannot finish way in advance of when the techs can start like my nt coworker.

I actually wrote in my accommodations that I'm supposed to have access to a tech when needed. So theoreticslly, if I need the tech to start earlier on my stuff I should get it. But my boss has zero control over the techs so can't get them to start on my stuff earlier. I would have to switch to another supervisor to get techs to start my stuff earlier. The higher up wanted me in this particular group due to my area of expertise so there might be a little disappointed if I switched. Plus the techs would not be happy.

What do you guys think I should do to keep up people's opinions of me? It's just a miserable feeling when you know you are producing the same products to the same quality (sometimes better) and schedule and yet the perception is so vastly different.

What do I think about people's opinions of me? I give it zero space in my head. Maybe a boss, I would care about, and if that boss had some notes for me on my performance I would obviously meet those expectations but as far as everyone else? I wouldnt care. People have opinions of other people all the time and it usually has very little to do with how well the work, or their quality of work. Usually people's opinions have more to do with whether they like me generally and not whether I do good work.

Even though I know you know your own guidelines and work load, and you know the process and that its not your fault, I think you should still try and match your counterpart or at least get done early. It obvious that its impacting your job performance or at least they way your performance is evaluated. You dont want to have people think your name is "last minute Louis" even though it doesnt affect the finished product. Sometimes you have to play these games to survive.

acdc01
08-17-17, 03:26 PM
What type of feedback have you been receiving? What's the incentive of your NT coworker to finish is faster? Is he getting anything out of it?

I hadn't really received complaints before recently though I'm sure they have always been thinking I am a big procrastinator. They didn't complaint before because it's only been recently that the technicians have become so busy they often miss their 1st draft deadlines. There's always stress and unhappiness when deadlines are not met, even nonfinal deadlines so my delaying till essentially thr last minutes makes them feel like I just might accidentally delay too much and delay the technicians even further even though I havent. I just received a complaint though. Not to my boss, just to me.

My coworker getting the work done in advance makes everyone feel secure that at least one part of the task is already done. Also, there is benefit to him getting it to them earlier. If by some chance they have a break on their other projects, they can get started earlier on that work. That rarely happens these days but in general everyone is less stressed when things get done ahead of schedule even though it's only his part that is ahead.

acdc01
08-17-17, 03:43 PM
What do I think about people's opinions of me? I give it zero space in my head. Maybe a boss, I would care about, and if that boss had some notes for me on my performance I would obviously meet those expectations but as far as everyone else? I wouldnt care. People have opinions of other people all the time and it usually has very little to do with how well the work, or their quality of work. Usually people's opinions have more to do with whether they like me generally and not whether I do good work.

Even though I know you know your own guidelines and work load, and you know the process and that its not your fault, I think you should still try and match your counterpart or at least get done early. It obvious that its impacting your job performance or at least they way your performance is evaluated. You dont want to have people think your name is "last minute Louis" even though it doesnt affect the finished product. Sometimes you have to play these games to survive.

I know its impprtant to play the game. The problem is i cant without hurting my health and happiness. I try to get things done early but I can't stop myself from procrastinating. I actually already throw several coping skills in at a time and that is enough to keep the results good but not the opinion.

I imagine I'm already nicknamed last minute Louise. And their opinions actually do matter. My boss has very little influence on what responsibilities I get and what project I work on even though he's responsible for the actions of our group. It's the opinion of these people that decide that. Odd I guess but that is how it works.

I'm feeling like theirs nothing that can be done too like anonymouslyadd said too. The only think I'm tempted to do is ask the woman who complained to me to give me a deadline that is in advance of the deadline others have. This way, she never has to fear the chance of missing an ultimate deadline (that we actually have never missed except once) and in this way she can always be happy I've finished ahead of the real schedule.

I just need to retire. I have a strong feeling I'm going to miss a deadline sooner or later now if I don't soon. My budget would be really tight though if I did plus I'm concerned about what might happen with preexisting conditions coverage.

acdc01
08-17-17, 03:43 PM
Thanks for responding guys. I feel better just talking about it.

anonymouslyadd
08-17-17, 09:55 PM
I've been thinking about your situation and mine all day.

I think I'm going to use my experience to test what I'm learning in Chris Voss' book on negotiation. I have little to lose. I believe there are things I can learn that will help my interactions with others.

Let me know if you want the name of the book.

stef
08-18-17, 10:30 AM
If you can:
Give them a time when youwill be done
But make that deadline earlier than actually necessary
Like "5:00 pm"
And then 1:00 pm you are done, checked work, submitted, and sail off to lunch
( this works for one part of my job though of course it depends on many factors!

aeon
08-18-17, 10:47 AM
Simple answer, don’t procrastinate.

If that means getting on, or adjusting, your meds, do so.

Cheers,
Ian

acdc01
08-18-17, 06:12 PM
Simple answer, donít procrastinate.

If that means getting on, or adjusting, your meds, do so.

Cheers,
Ian

Do your meds seriously work that well for you? I had tried a bunch of different meds and not one helped with procrastination. That said, I haven't tried dex, your preference. Maybe I'll give that one a try.

Thanks for all the responses. I'll answer more later when I have more time.

Little Missy
08-18-17, 06:30 PM
Do your meds seriously work that well for you? I had tried a bunch of different meds and not one helped with procrastination. That said, I haven't tried dex, your preference. Maybe I'll give that one a try.

Thanks for all the responses. I'll answer more later when I have more time.

I don't think meds do everything, or stop procrastination, but I just have to do what I have to do when I have to do it. No one else is going to do it, I have to do what must be done.

But definitely try dex.

finallyfound10
08-22-17, 01:41 PM
The perception that the people at work have of us (with ADHD) seems to be a common theme.

I know that I struggle mightily with it, way more than what is normal. I wish that I could not give any F's but I don't see that happening. It's a terrible feeling that I believe most of the time does impact performance even if it's subtle or unseen. Yet, even if it never does the feelings and self-talk are brutal.

I don't agree with those who said that you have to start to keep up with your co-worker because if you could you would. That's the essence of ADHD, isn't it?

Sadly, I don't think you will change your co-worker's perception either. They are opting not to look at the bigger picture in a rational or logical way. That's the most frustrating part in many ways isn't it??

You could switch groups and that may be a viable option that could play to your strengths. I don't think retiring is the answer if you'll take a big financial hit.

I think I'm a little more motivated since starting Strattera and Wellbutrin but not enough at all and am going to ask my pdoc for an increase in both on Friday. Full disclosure: I'm still dealing with depression as well so there's that on top of the ADHD-I.

I'm going to PM you for more related to this.

aeon
08-22-17, 02:01 PM

They do, yes. Iím motivated to the point of it being a little unnatural on Dex...which is OK, given my job.

Dex...the med that is called for when all the weaker meds, and that means all others available, simply donít deliver the goods.

Cheers,
Ian

finallyfound10
08-22-17, 02:14 PM
Two more things.

1.) I guess I erased my signature in the preview box. Ooooops! Here it is:

ADHD-Inattentive, Adjustment Disorder w/Mixed Features of Anxiety and Depression, Dyscalculia (Math disability), Rejection Sensitivity Dysphoria, Adult Child of an Alcoholic.
Strattera 80 mg, Wellbutrin SR 150 mg, Klonopin 0.5mg as needed.
Brene Brown
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

2.) I am not sure if this is part of the issue for you too. In my mind the way my life is right now lends itself to giving way too much head space to these negative issues. I have literally have nothing else going on in my life other than work- I did have school but that's done and it wasn't really a positive outlet- in that I don't have friends or a social life or anything else going on so I've wondered if that makes a difference in how things are perceived.

What I mean is if someone has other positive things going on in life, does it still mean as much when people at work have negative opinions of us?

I am late to this issue as prior to 2009 and starting nursing school, having a really bad time with it causing depression, anxiety then the ADHD-I diagnoses then eventually failing out of that particular school which all caused me to have a nervous breakdown, I really never experienced the coworker perception issue. I think because I had jobs that played way more to my strengths than anything nursing-related and I had a normal life- had many friends, had a social life, went to church, etc.

acdc01
08-22-17, 08:06 PM
Sadly, I don't think you will change your co-worker's perception either. They are opting not to look at the bigger picture in a rational or logical way. That's the most frustrating part in many ways isn't it??

Thanks for your post. I really liked it.

And yes, that is the most frustrating part. The manager just sent out an email today saying that the whole project is being postponed. The schedule is being pushed back because the person who complained to me leads the task that made a big mistake which means she's even further behind than I am! And her groups mistake changes everyone elses work so it's screwed everyone over. Course all is forgiven with them cause they are such "hard workers" who tried their best. Very demotivational.

I actually missed a deadline on another project this week. It's getting that bad for me now. Fortunately, it was with a client who liked me enough that he had his HR department try to recruit me so it wasn't a big deal. Opinions of me actually vary dramatically. It's cause some people are very sensitive to my ADHD quirks and others focus on the big picture or don't work in the same office as me so don't see my weirdo ways as much.

I was talking to my mom who puts the paperwork together for my accountant to handle (she does my tax stuff for me while I cook dinner for her - it's an exchange that works for us even if it's weird). She thinks I do have enough to retire cause I don't actually spend all that much money to begin with. I'm just scared cause you never know how prices will escalate in the future - health insurance, food all go up in cost like crazy. I've decided just to take the risk. My family would back me up anyway if I miscalculated. I didn't want to risk having to rely on them but if it weren't for my assistance, they wouldn't be in their financial state today either so I've decided not to feel bad about using them as a security blanket.

I don't really suffer from the shame part as much cause I grew up with people who did believe in me. I'm sorry that you do and I hope things get better for you.

acdc01
08-22-17, 08:18 PM
They do, yes. Iím motivated to the point of it being a little unnatural on Dex...which is OK, given my job.

Dex...the med that is called for when all the weaker meds, and that means all others available, simply donít deliver the goods.

Cheers,
Ian

I'm astounded. Bummer I didn't know about it sooner. Oh well, I've decided to retire anyway cause I think I would be happier and healthier being poor and not working than working even if I could handle the pressure. Setting myself a deadline to retire by the end of the year. Have to put some of my finances in order before I do.

finallyfound10
08-26-17, 09:27 PM
I am glad that you have made a decision that you are happy with!!!!

TheGreatKing
08-27-17, 03:34 PM
Opinions....opinions that's all they are unless you start to overthink them, it does in some sense make it different if its someone that has the power to do harm to your job or career, unless someone has that over you i wouldn't over think but it is always good to try an improve yourself, don't stop improving.

acdc01
09-16-17, 03:21 AM
Do you guys think I should retire now or end of this year?

My mom thinks I would be stupid to retire now since 401k match money the company provides is at the end of this year.

But I'm afraid I'm going to crash and burn before then.

Also, I suspect that lady who complained to me complained about me in front of a higher up (who has a lot of power). I suspect this cause the higher up has been acting really weird all of a sudden for no apparent reason at all. He seems really scared I'm going to mess up somehow and he's never acted that way before.

That spells trouble for me both cause it would end up showing on my performance review this year and because now if I end up making one little mistake on his projects (which everyone does), it's going to be blown completely out of proportion.

Guess I shouldn't care about my performance review score since I'm leaving anyway but I've never gotten a poor one before barring that time I was discrimated against (which has now been cleared up) and the thought of it feels bad.

Plus I'm really dying now and I may just screw up at this point. My rep is taking a beating so even the people who didn't think poorly of me may end up thinking less of me if I don't retire before I crash.

anonymouslyadd
09-16-17, 01:03 PM
Do you guys think I should retire now or end of this year?

My mom thinks I would be stupid to retire now since 401k match money the company provides is at the end of this year.

But I'm afraid I'm going to crash and burn before then.
You must be feeling exhasperated at this point, producing quality work, that's on time but is never good enough! Don't quit yet. It sounds like you'd be losing a lot if you end up leaving.
Also, I suspect that lady who complained to me complained about me in front of a higher up (who has a lot of power). I suspect this cause the higher up has been acting really weird all of a sudden for no apparent reason at all. He seems really scared I'm going to mess up somehow and he's never acted that way before.

That spells trouble for me both cause it would end up showing on my performance review this year and because now if I end up making one little mistake on his projects (which everyone does), it's going to be blown completely out of proportion.
Have you considered addressing the issue with the "higher up" head on? If you approach the subject like "something's changed in the relationship," you may be able to pry necessary information from him that will help you understand where he's coming from. This doesn't mean that you agree with him. It means that you understand him.

Understanding where he's coming from will give you important information about what's going on in his head and help you figure out a good response that explains your position, without appearing that you're a victim. What do you think about that?
Guess I shouldn't care about my performance review score since I'm leaving anyway but I've never gotten a poor one before barring that time I was discrimated against (which has now been cleared up) and the thought of it feels bad.

Plus I'm really dying now and I may just screw up at this point. My rep is taking a beating so even the people who didn't think poorly of me may end up thinking less of me if I don't retire before I crash.
It sounds like you have a lot of pride in your work and being a solid employee. Therefore, it makes sense that you'd care about your review.

acdc01
09-16-17, 06:42 PM
Thanks a lot anonymousladd. Great advice. I was actually thinking about doing the very things you are suggesting.

My only hesitation is that I don't know if I can hang on. It's not just this stuff I've been writing about. It's that the deadlines have been outrageous for a very long time and everything all put together has killed me. I think I may screw up big time if I wait too long to retire cause I'm too close to my breaking point.

I live right by my workplace and my coworkers walk past my area daily. If I get fired, I think it would make me feel really bad after I've retired to see them when they walk close to where I live (and I don't want to move). I think I'd rather lose out on money than for that to happen. The money while not little, isn't going to make or break my retirement either.

Boy as I write this, I'm leaning more towards retiring now again.

anonymouslyadd
09-16-17, 08:36 PM
My only hesitation is that I don't know if I can hang on. It's not just this stuff I've been writing about. It's that the deadlines have been outrageous for a very long time and everything all put together has killed me. I think I may screw up big time if I wait too long to retire cause I'm too close to my breaking point.
It seems like everything is coming to a boiling point and while it may be obvious to ride it out for the money, it may not be worth it if you're sacrificing your health.
I live right by my workplace and my coworkers walk past my area daily. If I get fired, I think it would make me feel really bad after I've retired to see them when they walk close to where I live (and I don't want to move). I think I'd rather lose out on money than for that to happen. The money while not little, isn't going to make or break my retirement either.
It sounds like you're worried about the potential humiliation that you'd feel if they let you go. It also sounds like you enjoy where you live and want to be at peace while living there.

finallyfound10
09-16-17, 10:01 PM
I would hate to see you lose any retirement money to this BS but I get how you feel completely. I would be very much thinking the way you are.

How do you know that your reputation is taking a beating? Do you know this for a fact or is it something that you could just be making up in your head and getting all spun up. I do this all the time so I am not throwing shade. Check out Rejection Sensitivity Dysphoria. It explains a lot about our reaction to things and the treatment- which I have not tried but seriously considering it. https://www.additudemag.com/rejection-sensitive-dysphoria-how-to-treat-it-alongside-adhd/

The woman who complained to you, set the project back and then may have complained to a higher up is the same woman? If she is then no one who sets a project back has any room to complain to anyone about anything or anybody!

I also think you should talk to the higher up and see if you can find anything out

acdc01
09-17-17, 07:19 PM
How do you know that your reputation is taking a beating?

The higher up was acting really weird. There's no way he would act like that unless something scared him. It can't have been anything I've done on his project so based on the timing, I'm almost certain it's about that lady. I don't think I'm the type to think someone is upset when they arent.

It turned out they postponed another project not the one I was pushing the deadline on. I misread the email cause they mentioned both projects in it cause the other project was pushed to allocate more resources for this one so they could still keep the same schedule for this project.

I ended up finishing in the nick of time so the client won't know the difference and will still be happy with our company but internally, it stressed everyone out. That said, there was one issue in my product the client might say was confusing. We couldn't figure out how to fix that one problem. Even if I had finished earlier, we still wouldn't have known how to fix the problem. We now know what the fix is but we could never have known in time regardless of if id finshed earlier. So people may end up being dissatisfied with quality even - I'm not sure yet until we hear back from client. If the same thing quality issue happened with another coworker, it'd be understood. But since I look like a procrastinator (which I am), I think I would not be forgiven.

acdc01
09-17-17, 07:29 PM
Just to clarify, I'm not afraid I'll be fired for this one incident- I would be astounded if that happened.

What I'm afraid of is that I may crash and really screw up between now and when I was planning to retire.

So, I've made a decision. I'm going to listen to you guys and talk to that higher up cause if he's scared, he's gonna nit pick everything I do and will have to find problems even when there aren't any. I'm also going to tell my company I'm retiring in january. People have announced they are retiring months in advance before. My company won't push me out earlier than that cause they want to keep everything friendly. And they wouldn't fire me if I crash and screw up cause its easier from a liability point just to let me retire on my own.

I still might get a bad performance evaluation but I guess I can suck that up even if it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It was being fired that would be a problem. I've actually got a couple friends at work who I'm planning to continue to see after I quit so that would have been awkward as well as seeing all my ex coworkers walk past me nearly every week since I live in the same area. I've shared enough my company can identify me on this forum no but oh well.

I feel a million times better now cause I think this plan will work. Thanks a lot for all your support and ideas guys.

finallyfound10
09-19-17, 11:24 AM
I so know the feeling of if we do something the reaction could be or is very different than if it happens with someone else. I drive myself nuts with that kind of thinking!!

I am really happy for you that you have come up with a smooth transition. I think you are making good moves in all of your choices- talk to the big boss and tell them know you are retiring.

ScatterBrainX
09-21-17, 02:26 AM
People's opinions don't matter, but they can be useful feedback.
The first step is understanding their perspective, and seeing if it's worth it for you to change or not.

Regarding sending the tech a draft, I'm not sure about your field, but perhaps I can give you some perspective from mine?

I'm a game programmer. People send me design documents.

If I get it a few days in advance, I have more time to think about how to best structure my code, what tools to use, etc. Even if I'm working on another project in the meanwhile, and can't start on the new one until I'm done.

More so if it's the next step in the same project. Knowing what it'll have to do in the future can influence how I structure my code for the current part. Suddenly, "surprise new feature!" may mean a lot of code rewriting and restructuring.

If I get it the same day, it will likely go slower and maybe have poorer quality.

I'm not saying this to make you feel bad or anything, because you shouldn't. You are doing your best, and that's what matters, along with always trying to find ways to improve.

Some practical tips on the question itself:

Try telling them "I don't want to potentially sacrifice quality to get it out a few days earlier, if it won't be used anyway", instead of relying on just "well, I made the deadline, didn't I?". The way you phrase things makes the difference between looking like you care about the project, and just being lazy for no reason.
Are you perhaps a bit of a perfectionist, like me? I tend to hyperfocus on tasks and tweak them to perfection, dealing with details that my client doesn't even notice or care about. Maybe your workplace cares about speed more than quality, and would rather you start on a new task before the deadline?
If you speak to techs in person, maybe ask them if a rough outline of the document received before the deadline would help them, and if so, send them something early on without all the details. I imagine you make some kind of bullet-point list with everything you will be adding?

acdc01
10-02-17, 05:47 PM
What do you guys think I should do? Lady that complained is taking away my responsibility of choosing and directly communicating with the techs I work with. I need to be in charge of the techs or I'm at risk of not finishing in time. It's actually written into my accommodations letter that I have the right to do that. But she doesn't know of my disability so doesn't know I have that right. I tried to convince her to let me deal with the techs still but she won't budge.

What do you guys think I should do? I'm tempted to speak to my boss about this who will ultimately speak to her boss about it so her boss would know I have some disability as well (only a few people know right now).

Just as a side comment I don't regret disclosing. I actually would be worse off if I hadn't disclosed. People are upset with me cause they don't know I have adhd and don't understand my symptoms. That wouldn't have changed with or without disclosure.

I'd just let it go since im retiring but I don't want to leave until after my 401k match. Her project deadline is before then.

aeon
10-02-17, 06:01 PM
What do you guys think I should do? Lady that complained is taking away my responsibility of choosing and directly communicating with the techs I work with. I need to be in charge of the techs or I'm at risk of not finishing in time. It's actually written into my accommodations letter that I have the right to do that. But she doesn't know of my disability so doesn't know I have that right. I tried to convince her to let me deal with the techs still but she won't budge.

What do you guys think I should do? I'm tempted to speak to my boss about this who will ultimately speak to her boss about it so her boss would know I have some disability as well (only a few people know right now).

Just as a side comment I don't regret disclosing. I actually would be worse off if I hadn't disclosed. People are upset with me cause they don't know I have adhd and don't understand my symptoms. That wouldn't have changed with or without disclosure.

I'd just let it go since im retiring but I don't want to leave until after my 401k match. Her project deadline is before then.

Talk to your boss.

Cheers,
Ian

acdc01
10-02-17, 07:00 PM
Talk to your boss.

Cheers,
Ian

Thanks. I should say I haven't told my boss um retiring yet. My family strongly felt it would be a big risk for me to do so as there are higher ups that don't like me I'm pretty sure. They might tell me I could leave right away instead of letting me stay until after I collect my 401k money.

They said they've seen that happen with other coworkers before.

Assume that does change your suggestion but thought I'd share that added info anyway.

aeon
10-02-17, 07:27 PM
Yep, lay low then...and bide your time.

Cheers,
Ian

acdc01
10-06-17, 05:56 PM
Lady ratted me out to my boss so I guess I will be talking to him. Good thing I didn't tell them I was planning to retire. Otherwise, they'd probably push me out before my 401k match.

Will have to work in what to say to boss. Might try convincing lady she's overblown the whole thing considering I did get things done in time but the chances are slim there.