View Full Version : I know what I want to do with my life

midnightstar
08-19-17, 05:20 AM
My ideal job would be working with animals. Is it a good idea for me to get in touch with all the places (after I passed my test) that are within reach of where I live and see if any of them have full time work they're trying to fill?

I need to change jobs anyways because I need something full time and I'm only doing part time even though I'm out of the house full-time hours (an hour and a half to get to work, same to get back, and 5 and a half hours at work)

My choice is either hope to get the animal care job I know about that I applied for, apply for a part time job nearer me that pays about the same I think, or try and get full time away from where I work.

sarek
08-19-17, 07:02 AM
It will certainly marvellous to do the kind of work you feel very happy about. That makes all the difference.

Fuzzy12
08-19-17, 07:36 AM
Great idea great idea great idea!!!

acdc01
08-20-17, 04:42 PM
I'm so glad you figured out what you want to do with your life. You're actually one of my favorite people on this board so I wish you the very best.

Did you get the job you applied for? There is never any harm in going to places near you and seeing if they are offering any jobs.

As far as another part time job, can you afford to live on a part time salary and can you handle working a full time job?

I personally think a full time job is best IF you can be happy working full time and not burn out. I'm a little biased but I've decided us adhders should really save money just in case one day something bad happens and we can't work anymore. I'm all for part time Jobs too actually cause it reduces the chance for burn out but only if the job paid enough that you could still put down a sizeable savings which I imagine a lot of jobs that involve helping animals and people do not offer that.

I'm all for working closer to home too. That's what I do and I I'd never go back. I actually moved closer to work to achieve that so if you can find a job close to you, your pretty lucky.

midnightstar
08-20-17, 04:52 PM
I'm so glad you figured out what you want to do with your life. You're actually one of my favorite people on this board so I wish you the very best.

Did you get the job you applied for? There is never any harm in going to places near you and seeing if they are offering any jobs.

As far as another part time job, can you afford to live on a part time salary and can you handle working a full time job?

I personally think a full time job is best IF you can be happy working full time and not burn out. I'm a little biased but I've decided us adhders should really save money just in case one day something bad happens and we can't work anymore. I'm all for part time Jobs too actually cause it reduces the chance for burn out but only if the job paid enough that you could still put down a sizeable savings which I imagine a lot of jobs that involve helping animals and people do not offer that.

I'm all for working closer to home too. That's what I do and I I'd never go back. I actually moved closer to work to achieve that so if you can find a job close to you, your pretty lucky.

I don't know, the closing date hasn't yet been so idk who they're calling in for interview.

Tigger thinks ADDF wants to see her butt and she's trying to say hello :lol:

Only reason I work part time at the moment is because I haven't been offered anything full time. Hoping I get something full time soon.

(((((acdc))))) :grouphug:

(((((sarek))))) :grouphug:

(((((Fuzzy))))) :grouphug:

Lunacie
08-20-17, 06:13 PM
I think you'd be great working with animals. Will keep my fingers crossed that
you can find a good place to work for in animal care. Go ahead and check to
see if there are any other places you could do that. The more applications you
put in ... the better your chances of getting a job. If offered more than one,
how sweet to be able to pick and choose.
:grouphug:

psychopathetic
08-21-17, 12:05 AM
I /hearts my Midsy and SO wish she could land a job she loves! I'm proud as hell of you for sticking with your current job for so dang long...but just think of what it'd be like to go to work at a place you actually like!?
And you'd be so amazing for so many animals! You'd touch so many lives!!

I think it's a GREAT idea for you to reach out to all the places and ask if they've got any openings. If nothing else, at least they'll know someone is looking and maybe down the line when they do need help, they'll remember you :).

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you as well! You so deserve to be in a place of work that you love and enjoy...somewhere where you absolutely belong!

<3 <3 <3