View Full Version : Starting on Vyvanse: What to expect?

ak2146
08-21-17, 09:44 AM
Greetings all,

I hope that you are all well and in good spirits.

I am starting on Vyvanse 30mg once daily from next week after experiencing horrible side-effects (anxiety) on Dex (5mg - 3 times daily) for my ADD.

Based on your personal lived experiences, what may I experience while starting on 30mg daily on Vyvanse?

I would be most obliged for your input and suggestions.

Kind regards,

AK2146.

ak2146
08-22-17, 06:34 PM
Hi All,

154 views and no comments! Please offer your experiential insights. I would be most obliged.

Kind regards,

Ak2146.

sarahsweets
08-23-17, 02:37 AM
Well they are bascally the same drug only dex is the shorter acting drug than vyvanse and alot stronger.

julyguy
08-26-17, 12:43 AM
Hi All,

154 views and no comments! Please offer your experiential insights. I would be most obliged.

Kind regards,

Ak2146.

The first few days at 20mg felt wonderful (calming and relaxing) and Day 4 was no picnic but I could concentrate. Not sure if I will continue to take this everyday.

DoomAndGloom
09-16-17, 12:08 PM
Hi I might be able to provide some insight into this.

I started treatment with Vyvanse a month ago. I was started on 30 mg. once daily like you. This is the standard dose they put you on first. It is a small dose, to see how you tolerate the drug. I was on 30 mg. for just one day before my psychiatrist upped it to 60 mg. once daily. I found this was a good dose. My psych asked me if I felt like I needed a higher dose than 60 mg. I told him no, but that it did not last long enough. Now Im on 60 mg. in the morning + 30 mg. later in the day.

This is the perfect dose for me. I feel very calm. No fidgeting or nail biting. I started reading books again. I prioritize the boring stuff. Social situations are easier, I listen more and think before I speak (most of the time). I feel more empathetic towards others and more aware of my surroundings. I feel more in tune with myself and my feelings. But feelings can be hard. When things slowed down it gave me more time to reflect upon myself and my behaviour.

So yeah, I recommend you give this one a go. Be patient, it may take a little while to find the right dose. Remember to eat right aswell. Take the capsules with some food. Eating right is very important when you have AD/HD. Remember to follow up on your psychotherapy if you have any. Medication can only do so much.