View Full Version : Coconut oil in ADHD

Cris1968
08-22-17, 09:29 AM
Hello, recently I read about the benefits of using coconut oil in improuving the behavior of children with ADHD and autism. If someone use this product, I appreciate if he can share with us obout this. Thank you.

hutchie0109
08-22-17, 09:36 AM
I have and it tastes nice

Lunacie
08-22-17, 12:19 PM
Nope. Nope. And nope.

My daughter started using coconut oil in cooking and baking a couple of years
ago to improve our diets because my granddaughter has diabetes type 2.

I haven't seen any changes in behavior, she still gets frustrated and angry and
hangry and hits her mother.

Unfortunately I can't eat any of that baked stuff 'cause I'm allergic to coconut.
I don't like the taste or smell anyway.

sarahsweets
08-23-17, 02:53 AM
This is not true.

aeon
08-23-17, 10:01 AM
Coconut oil improves the pocketbook of those selling it to gullible people who want to believe there is a treatment method other than the tried and true and clinically-verified. :doh:

Meds Is the Way,
Ian

Cris1968
08-24-17, 03:20 AM
Coconut oil improves the pocketbook of those selling it to gullible people who want to believe there is a treatment method other than the tried and true and clinically-verified. :doh:

Meds Is the Way,
Ian

I tried the most popular meds on the world : Straterra ( last year 10 days) - became violent but I saw improvement on attention- and last month - just one pill - CONCERTA - - he became zombie- so I I searching for subtitutes - supplement in order to help him.
We will start ESPRICO - when the school will begin ( in Sept. ) this is a suppl with omega, zn and mg - Made in Germany. - He took in the past - a lot but the result was not as I espected...
In Romania the only med approuved for ADHD are Straterra and COncerta for children after 6 years old.

My son talks a lot, he has echolalic speech...

Lunacie
08-24-17, 11:21 AM
I tried the most popular meds on the world : Straterra ( last year 10 days) - became violent but I saw improvement on attention- and last month - just one pill - CONCERTA - - he became zombie- so I I searching for subtitutes - supplement in order to help him.
We will start ESPRICO - when the school will begin ( in Sept. ) this is a suppl with omega, zn and mg - Made in Germany. - He took in the past - a lot but the result was not as I espected...
In Romania the only med approuved for ADHD are Straterra and COncerta for children after 6 years old.

I know it's hard, but it's often needed to try different doses of these meds.
You don't know if things would change after a week on the meds, or after
changing the dose.

Even the first medication I took for high blood pressure made me so tired
and it took a couple of weeks for my body to get used to the change. It was
able to relax and rest after working so hard to pump the blood.

Something like that happens with the meds for some people, the brain is able
to relax and rest after working so hard with non-stop thoughts and sensory
input. But then it gets used to the change and everything is better.

mildadhd
08-24-17, 06:31 PM
Hello, recently I read about the benefits of using coconut oil in improuving the behavior of children with ADHD and autism. If someone use this product, I appreciate if he can share with us obout this. Thank you.

I have not tried specifically coconut oil only, yet. (Not sure the differences)

My behaviour feels better if I drink coconut milk, verses, how my behaviour feels if I drink cows milk.

M

Cris1968
09-02-17, 06:29 PM
After the first 6 days , my child lost weight, he no longer eats sweets, just a little bit ( his hunger of sweet dissapered) so we are very happy. Just with 5 ml of coconut oil, per day this miracle happened. We continue to give him, because we will start th eschool and his hyper must be slow down with risperidone. which in the past made him so FAT. We hope coconut oil with do its job. I want that you to know.

Emre22
09-02-17, 06:48 PM

you didnt mention adderall vyvanse and other amphetamines salts.
maybe you can get these medicines in another european country and they may work for your children.

In Turkey it is same , only methylphenidate and atomoxetine are approved.

But i heard that amphetamine salts are approved for treatment in some EU countries.

i have read a little about coconut oil after this thread and it seemed like another "snake oil" product

sarahsweets
09-03-17, 07:47 AM
After the first 6 days , my child lost weight, he no longer eats sweets, just a little bit ( his hunger of sweet dissapered) so we are very happy. Just with 5 ml of coconut oil, per day this miracle happened. We continue to give him, because we will start th eschool and his hyper must be slow down with risperidone. which in the past made him so FAT. We hope coconut oil with do its job. I want that you to know.

Its good that this is helping with your child's sweets issue but I do not believe it will help with adhd.

Cris1968
09-03-17, 03:43 PM
Its good that this is helping with your child's sweets issue but I do not believe it will help with adhd.

Me too, but helps with the weight.. :)