View Full Version : Blood pressure problems?

MandyWurf
08-24-17, 11:25 AM
Hi all,

I have been diagnosed with inattention ADD for almost 3 years now and I've been on Ritalin since then (I am 32 btw). I have low blood pressure, normally around 100/60 and around 80 BPM, nothing to worry about (although my husband is making fun of me that I'll never die). I went to my doctor for a regular, once a month complete examinations, and she told me that I have narrow pulse pressure because she measured 92/65, but I felt okay, no headaches, no dizziness. She said that my meds could be problem. I am going next week again, just wanted to hear your opinion. Is anyone using ritalin or any other meds and had problem like I do?

Thanks.

aeon
08-24-17, 11:30 AM
That pressure is nothing to worry about if you are not experiencing issues, and in any case, Ritalin would tend to raise pressures, so I wouldn’t think there is anything to worry about, period.

Not A Doctor,
Ian

MandyWurf
09-13-17, 04:18 AM
Hi all,

I have been diagnosed with inattention ADD for almost 3 years now and I've been on Ritalin since then (I am 32 btw). I have low blood pressure, normally around 100/60 and around 80 BPM, nothing to worry about (although my husband is making fun of me that I'll never die). I went to my doctor for a regular, once a month complete examinations, and she told me that I have narrow pulse pressure (https://www.symptoma.com/en/ddx/narrow-pulse-pressure) because she measured 92/65, but I felt okay, no headaches, no dizziness. She said that my meds could be problem. I am going next week again, just wanted to hear your opinion. Is anyone using ritalin or any other meds and had problem like I do?

Thanks.

Hey :) You're right.... Better save than sorry!
I went to see my doctor again. Medication for a longer period is always a problem for the body she said.
At the moment we are trying to change de medis and the dose. As for after a few years you should rethink everything anyways because your body is always changing.
I'm kind of feeling fiter yet :p