View Full Version : My first ever tattoo!

sarahsweets
08-25-17, 09:39 AM
http://sm.uploads.im/t/lX5ht.jpg (http://uploads.im/lX5ht.jpg)http://sl.uploads.im/t/qnRXx.jpg (http://uploads.im/qnRXx.jpg)

I'm hoping this works, trying a new image hosting site. I am being totally self serving here and bragging but I have wanted a tattoo forever and had a goal of getting it for my 40th birthday. Financially it didnt happen and I couldnt decide what to put on my body which is very important to me because I believe it is art.

I got something just for me to symbolize a lot of things...my sobriety,my weight loss and maintanence, my 180 personality change, my gratitude, my self love, my inner peace and personality..etc. I thought about getting something to symbolize my kids but this is just for me so I didnt.
Yes it hurt like hell. I thought I was picking a placed that wouldnt hurt alot and the artist was like "honey this is your lilly white forearm with lots of nerves..what are you thinking!" But he had a point. Pick a place you want it, not whether it will hurt or not.

Holy hell it stung but I was able to sit still, deep breathing helped and I powered through it. He offered me a break but I said no, just keep going. It was better in some places and worse in others. When we consulted I was going to get a smaller sunflower but after colaborating, the forearm has some decent space to work with. I told him that once I got through it, I know I'll want another. But Im going to enjoy this one for awhile before making any sort of decisions.

Yes, I am proud and I love it. Getting compliments left and right and husband is still adjusting to it. He isnt pro tattoo per se, but knew how important it is to me.
Hoping that this image site works.....

Unmanagable
08-25-17, 10:31 AM
I'm too allergic to pain to even think of sitting through one, but have often thought of going to have one drawn up so I could frame it and admire it from afar. lol Glad you got something that lifts your spirits and marks some significant achievements and milestones in your life.

Fuzzy12
08-25-17, 10:35 AM
It's beautiful! !! Such vibrant colours!!!

psychopathetic
08-25-17, 10:40 AM
Oh know!!! They spealt it wrong!!!

:giggle: :giggle:

Only kidding of course! It's very pretty Sweets! Good for you :D

peripatetic
08-25-17, 02:38 PM
I could never get one because it'd be permanent but yours is lovely!

TheGreatKing
08-26-17, 05:11 PM
Awesome! love it! atleast put thought into it, i did it out of impulse and tattooed my knuckles and of a skull on my shoulder all before i hit 18.

midnightstar
08-26-17, 05:25 PM
That's beautiful, sarah :grouphug:

I could never get one, not even to permanently remember my cats - past and present :o :grouphug:

Fuzzy12
08-26-17, 05:30 PM
Oh know!!! They spealt it wrong!!!

:giggle: :giggle:

Only kidding of course! It's very pretty Sweets! Good for you :D

I don't get it...:scratch:

midnightstar
08-26-17, 05:32 PM
I don't get it...:scratch:

There's tales doing the rounds that sometimes when people get tattoos the tattooist spells words wrong which changes the meaning of the word, I think this is the joke that psycho's making :)

Fuzzy12
08-26-17, 05:34 PM
There's tales doing the rounds that sometimes when people get tattoos the tattooist spells words wrong which changes the meaning of the word, I think this is the joke that psycho's making :)

But there's no writing in sarahsweets' tattoo right? Or is that the joke? ?

Sorry I suck at understanding jokes sometimes...well quite often actually.. it I'm also annoyingly curious and always want them explained to me..:lol:

midnightstar
08-26-17, 05:35 PM
But there's no writing in sarahsweets' tattoo right? Or is that the joke? ?

Sorry I suck at understanding jokes sometimes...well quite often actually.. it I'm also annoyingly curious and always want them explained to me..:lol:

That's the joke, that sarah's not got any words in her tattoo so if the tattoo had any spelling mistakes, something would be seriously wrong ;)

Fuzzy12
08-26-17, 05:42 PM
That's the joke, that sarah's not got any words in her tattoo so if the tattoo had any spelling mistakes, something would be seriously wrong ;)

OK thanks that's actually quite funny :lol:

Lunacie
08-26-17, 05:47 PM
Very nice shading. Congrats on feeling like you deserve this because you do!

psychopathetic
08-27-17, 12:22 AM
OK thanks that's actually quite funny :lol:

Hehe sorry Fuzzy...I'm not so good at making jokes :doh:
Thank you for explaining for me though Midsy! haha you did great! :lol:

KitCat
09-27-17, 10:26 PM
Looks great! Very vibrant and "happy" :)

Hermus
10-11-17, 07:43 AM
Just see it now. Great tattoo. Do you have pics of how it looks after it has healed?

And did you go back to the tattoo shop for a second appointment? They usually do that, in order to finish any minor imperfections that show up after healing. I sometimes skipped it in the past, but for the best result it is definitely advisable to do so.

Luvmybully
10-11-17, 08:30 AM
It's beautiful!