View Full Version : How to write and sell a book ?

userguide
08-27-17, 04:06 AM
Has anyone here tried ?

My main concern is that nobody would care to read it.

How do you make people read your books when you can't leverage expensive distribution channels?

If I start selling the electronic copy on amazon, is there a chance of success if I don't put money for ads ?

Do I have a chance to be on the shelf of a major bookstore chain If I am not from a repsected publisher ?
Or maybe this way :

How do I work my way to the shelves of the big bookstores If I am not from a major publishing house ?

And do I have to necesserily hold meetings with public as the author ?

midnightstar
08-27-17, 04:55 AM
As far as I know, amazon run a publishing service thing but you have to be the one to market your own book (I could be wrong). There's also books you can get that talk you through the route through a normal publishers :)

acdc01
09-01-17, 04:33 PM
You might try a writers forum if you don't get many responses here.

Maybe there are some writers here though.

Little Missy
09-01-17, 04:51 PM
There are 16 book publishers in Zagreb, Croatia.

Fraser_0762
09-01-17, 05:05 PM
The good thing about writing is that you don't even need to be any good at it. Look at the utter garbage that is written in mainstream newspapers/tabloids and they still sell many thousands.

Emre22
09-01-17, 06:31 PM
Has anyone here tried ?

My main concern is that nobody would care to read it.

How do you make people read your books when you can't leverage expensive distribution channels?

If I start selling the electronic copy on amazon, is there a chance of success if I don't put money for ads ?

Do I have a chance to be on the shelf of a major bookstore chain If I am not from a repsected publisher ?
Or maybe this way :

How do I work my way to the shelves of the big bookstores If I am not from a major publishing house ?

And do I have to necesserily hold meetings with public as the author ?

if u dont put some amount of money for ads, i dont think that you can reach serious amount of readers.

kkristin17
10-09-17, 08:28 PM
My boyfriend publishes Kindle books, so I have a pretty good idea of the industry.

Anyone can publish a book on Kindle. It's worth a shot, because it's a valuable skill to learn. I say go for it.

You can target keywords on Amazon so that people who search Amazon will eventually find your book.

The hard part is writing a book on a topic that will immediately capture people's interest, and stand out in a way that's original.

I recommend reading works by Ryan Holiday, because he works with Penguin publishing, and has a great grasp of publishing quality books.

His latest book Perennial Seller is all about this.