View Full Version : OCD is back, how to get control on OCD?

Emre22
08-31-17, 04:18 PM
Hello ,
i just realized my my OCD is back. I can't tell it completely OCD but

I realized, i am thinking about same topic over and over again

i just discussed about medications with a person 21 days ago , and that person criticized me for using medications for long time , i took it too serious ( normally i wouldnt care people's opinion , i do it anything on my way but this person is valuable for me)
and i felt like he is blaming me ( i know that person wants me to be happy, he is worried about using psychatric pills so long)
and i felt like i must prove that i need pills , it isnt my choice or i do not expect everything from pills
i use because i need

i find myself thinking about this topic everyday few times, i even talked to that person , i said i am sensitive about this topic , dont talk about it

but it didnt stop i find myself thinking about this dicussion every night when i am at bed

i guess it isnt about discussion , words, person. It is about my perfectionist obsessive way of thinking.
Even i plan everything in my head, what to say him what will he say
i organise everything in my mind
my brain doesnt close this topic , my brain doesnt forget it and get on it's way

i will talk to that person and make more discussion , i hope it can help going through obsession helps ( i heard and read it on articles)

but my brain just cant forget, it was just a discussion , his opinion etc.

i really dont know how it became a obsessive thought ...

any kind of method in order to control this ?(the irony is motivation of getting control on anything is part of my obsessive behaviour ... lol)

i really dont want to use OCD medication again because it makes me lazy and low energy(low motivation) person.

i will start taking theraphy soon but
OCD is a repeating disorder and i dont want to find myself taking theraphy or using OCD medication again and again

i need to get used to live with it.

any suggestion?

Little Missy
08-31-17, 05:00 PM
pfft! Who cares? Never skimp on the quality of your life as accordance to another's opinion.

Emre22
08-31-17, 05:17 PM
pfft! Who cares? Never skimp on the quality of your life as accordance to another's opinion.

exactly you are right, but problem is thoughts arent on my control :/
i just want same as you said, "dont care"
but even if u dont want to care somehow, obsessive thoughts repeats itself sometimes

Little Missy
08-31-17, 05:23 PM
but even if u dont want to care somehow, obsessive thoughts repeats itself sometimes

No, you misunderstood my bluntness.

Yes, I would care about having those repetitive thoughts, but I don't believe that someone elses' opinion on what makes a positive change in my life should interfere to the point of obsession.

But, if I were you I'd probably be thinking the same.

midnightstar
08-31-17, 05:24 PM

Yep I still have thoughts that keep coming back again and again and won't let up for a while, all I can do is let them run their course until they're ready to quit until the next time. :grouphug:

Emre22
08-31-17, 05:30 PM
Yep I still have thoughts that keep coming back again and again and won't let up for a while, all I can do is let them run their course until they're ready to quit until the next time. :grouphug:

i try to do same :) , i wish i get rid of them completely but i guess it isnt possible , somehow controlling and managing them is possible and key point.
i have never tried to manage them and live with them, because i didnt realize i had ocd for long years , i realized 3-4 months ago
i am new to club :)