View Full Version : Mydayis. Has anyone been prescribed this new medicine for ADHD?

mrh235
09-02-17, 02:34 PM
I think it came out like a few days ago, but supposedly it can control ADHD for up to 16 hrs. It takes 2-4 hrs to kick in (sounds about the same as vyvanse). It really appeals to me because I have really long days, so having the extra coverage would help me out. My doctor attended a meeting about that medicine yesterday, and I'm seeing him in three weeks. I currently take vyvanse 80mg, but if this medicine is more effective at controlling my ADHD I'm pretty curious.

Anyone been prescribed this medicine? If so how did it work for you compared to vyvanse or what other medicine you're prescribed?

Thank you. There's also a "Go early program" that allows you try this medicine with a three dollar copay.

sarahsweets
09-02-17, 03:04 PM
The only thing about this med is the timing in regards to another expensive brand losing their patent on it and the fact that the company manufacturing this stands to benefit because of that fact either way. That doesnt mean that its not good or that it doesnt work or that anything nefarious is going on its just me being picky.

mrh235
09-02-17, 04:32 PM
The only thing about this med is the timing in regards to another expensive brand losing their patent on it and the fact that the company manufacturing this stands to benefit because of that fact either way. That doesnt mean that its not good or that it doesnt work or that anything nefarious is going on its just me being picky.

Yep! I wouldn't say you're nitpicky at all, you're completely right. The timing this medicine was released in is definitely suspect. Shire did this before with vyvanse. I just hope the medicine is effective and an improvement, and not just a gimmick to make $$$$ at patient expense.