View Full Version : Teva IR Has No Efficacious at all for Me

wonderboy
09-03-17, 04:08 AM
Since about 4 years ago, Teva generic Adderall IR (in my opinion) is becoming very weak.

More specifically, in the last year, they have been horrible.

Anyone know if/when they might of changed their formula and notified the FDA?

Little Missy
09-03-17, 05:29 AM
I could ask my druggist. I feel the same way about Sandoz IR the last couple of months. All I want to do is sleep.

Greyhound1
09-03-17, 02:51 PM
I used to take Sandoz Adderall a couple of years ago and it was very strong. I had too many side effects to continue. Switched to Dex. and had mixed results.

Now, I am back on Adderall IR from Teva and it seems very very weak. It tastes and works about like candy.

Swissy
09-03-17, 06:40 PM
When I first started taking adderall, I started with Teva IR. As a newbie to stimulants, it felt strong, so I took 1/2 of my 10mg and worked my way up to the full dose. Then I took a 10mg Sandoz and holy cow it felt twice as strong as the 10mg of Teva! Teva tasted sweet, Sandoz tasted like butt ;) . Once I got used to the adderall I stuck with he Sandoz brand. I still sometimes only take 1/2 of my 10mg IR... I haven't tried Teva since that first prescription, but as I remember it, Teva was definitely weaker than Sandoz!

Snoopy10
09-04-17, 09:48 AM
I take Teva IR 10mg . It works for me. I know what you mean about feeling like it doesn't work anymore but it does, try a few days off and when you start again, you'll see the difference. I've been on it about 2 1/2 years.

The only thing I have noticed the past few months is a more speedy feeling but then I realized I was drinking about a gazillion cups of coffee each day. Once I slowed down on the coffee I was fine.

wonderboy
09-10-17, 12:15 AM
Anyone tried Global?

MyAchillesheel
09-12-17, 02:21 AM
Wonderboy,

Are you saying Global is marketing a generic IR adderall tablet? If so, what Pharmacies are carrying it?

On another note regarding relationships among companies: Global is owned by Impax. Impax also owns Corepharma and Lineage.

Is Global marketing a generic IR tablet now? If so I would have to "assume".... that it is just another form of Corepharma generic adderall with a new corporate label.

The only generic adderall I am aware of coming out of Impax/Global is the XR extended release formula. They are currently manufacturing a proprietary XR generic form and is distributed under the Impax label.

Global had been marketing an authorized generic XR made by Shire for the past several years. I am not sure if they are still offering the authorized generic by Shire since they began production of their new XR version under the Impax label in late 2016.

Brief recap: Impax owns: Global, Corepharma, Lineage, and another company I can't think of..

You can pull up this info at their website.

One last interesting thing I found is Corepharma updated their Drug Label Information on August 14, 2017.

Why would they do that AFTER they discontinued manufacturing of generic IR tablets in May? Are they looking to relaunch under a different corporate name such as Global?

Here is a link:

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=4cc84b5d-9b56-4b80-a201-6e4075727d44

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/search.cfm?labeltype=all&query=AMPHETAMINE&pagesize=200&page=1

Let me know what you find out Wonderboy...

Thanks,
-M

JustAHedgehog
09-14-17, 05:33 PM
I keep changing my opinion of it personally. I realize when I take my IR booster I'm the evening versus the afternoon I realize that it does indeed work well.

sarahsweets
09-15-17, 03:40 AM
Global had been marketing an authorized generic XR made by Shire for the past several years. I am not sure if they are still offering the authorized generic by Shire since they began production of their new XR version under the Impax label in late 2016.
Global is still making the authorized generic for Shire.

allesandro1
11-26-17, 09:09 PM
I have no idea, but the generic I take is pretty much a waste of time. don't know what brand it is, but it doesn't seem to do anything but give me side effects

allesandro1
11-27-17, 09:36 AM
what manufacterer makes COR adderall? Is it any good??

Rstuartg
12-05-17, 08:20 AM
Okay, I'm up at 4 am searching for help and found this site. I've been taking Adderall for decades with success. They switched me to a generic Teva three weeks ago and my life has fallen apart. OMGoodness. I can't function. I finally figured it out in the middle if the night tonight. This drug is supposed to be a stronger dosage and it feels like I'm taking Benadryl instead. I'm a novice to this but is there anyone who can test this Useless med?

Snoopy10
12-08-17, 11:44 AM
That sounds terrible. I'm glad I never tried the non generic to know the difference. Can you try a different pharmacy?

I'd focus less to trying to figure out if Teva is a sham and more on getting your hands on an alternative.

Little Missy
12-08-17, 04:02 PM
yeah, I suffered some weeks with what used to be a very good generic, Teva. I think it was mixed with tired, weepy, sort of willing, but not really and I finally realized even at prescribed double a dose or less that I have absolutely no idea what it was while I was taking it but I know it was not Adderall.