View Full Version : What just happened?

Revan.
09-03-17, 04:40 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I couldn't find another category i think it fits in.
Anyway I had a friend who picked up his girlfriends script of adderall. The next day he called to ask if he could bring his script there and if he could have it filled on the 30th day. They asked his last name and dob then placed him on hold, then hung up. He then called back and once transferred through immediately hung up on him again. He's now worried they may have red flagged him. Has anyone seen anything like this scenario before or knows what may have been going on? :confused: thanks !

Little Missy
09-03-17, 05:26 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I couldn't find another category i think it fits in.
Anyway I had a friend who picked up his girlfriends script of adderall. The next day he called to ask if he could bring his script there and if he could have it filled on the 30th day. They asked his last name and dob then placed him on hold, then hung up. He then called back and once transferred through immediately hung up on him again. He's now worried they may have red flagged him. Has anyone seen anything like this scenario before or knows what may have been going on? :confused: thanks !

Maybe they were busy. Have him take his script in person and ask.

peripatetic
09-03-17, 06:04 PM
Anyway I had a friend who picked up his girlfriends script of adderall.

i moved this over here since it's a medication question.

but this first part...i've never heard of that actually happening. when i was on ritalin, etc, my husband couldn't pick it up for me. maybe it's different in michigan, but that sounds fishy right there.

as for the whole thirty days and they hung up on him... i agree with missy: he should go in and get his prescription filled. or you should. because i assume you're really asking this question for yourself and inventing the friend;)

Little Missy
09-03-17, 06:07 PM
It IS illegal to pick up CII "for a friend"

aeon
09-03-17, 06:34 PM
I was going to post the same thing but then I doubted myself.

Cheers,
Ian

Greyhound1
09-03-17, 10:02 PM

My wife has no problem presenting my Adderall script and even picking it up when filled for me here in Florida. I have no concerns personally with my wife but the controls here seem very lax.

Someone here with an addicted spouse could easily have their script filled and stolen.

daveddd
09-03-17, 10:17 PM

is it?

i pick up my dads vicodin due to his health

they record my name and ask for ID, but never said anything about it

aeon
09-03-17, 11:23 PM
Vicodin isn't CII though.

Cheers,
Ian

daveddd
09-03-17, 11:31 PM
Vicodin isn't CII though.

Cheers,
Ian

Hmmm. Sure?

daveddd
09-03-17, 11:38 PM
Let me make sure I'm following

Boyfriend and girlfriend both have legal separate prescriptions for adderall

He picked us his girlfriends. Then a day later called to fill his legitimate prescription in the proper time period

If I'm following. I can see the pharmacy forming their own negative opinion

But there is nothing to flag him for. He did nothing wrong

daveddd
09-03-17, 11:43 PM
i moved this over here since it's a medication question.

but this first part...i've never heard of that actually happening. when i was on ritalin, etc, my husband couldn't pick it up for me. maybe it's different in michigan, but that sounds fishy right there.

as for the whole thirty days and they hung up on him... i agree with missy: he should go in and get his prescription filled. or you should. because i assume you're really asking this question for yourself and inventing the friend;)

If he is like me his doctor may give him 3 months worth of written prescription or more but can only fill adderall one month at a time

I still give cvs all the scripts right away to prevent lost or stolen

When I started this years ago they said call in the mornings that I'm due for one on file and they pull it

I don't like the friend thing though. " my friend". I think he probably is referring to himself too

It makes it sound shady

sarahsweets
09-04-17, 08:38 AM
Vicodin used to be a CIV now its a II.

Little Missy
09-04-17, 09:10 AM
Vicodin used to be a CIV now its a II.

It went CII here a year ago.

sarahsweets
09-05-17, 05:04 AM

The only red flag he would have is if he picked up her script for himself.
I am not sure if having his name signed on that little clipboard would flag him. Why would the pharmacy remember him by name enough to go through their pickup forms, look for his name and then hang up ?

CharlesH
09-12-17, 07:01 PM
My guess is that it depends on state law. My mother picked up c2 painkillers for me after I had a wisdom tooth surgery (I was already an adult). Did the pharmacy at least ask your friend for his photo id?