View Full Version : Do you feel like you live in a prison ?

userguide
09-10-17, 08:50 PM
Do you feel there are imaginary chains keeping you from living ?

daveddd
09-10-17, 11:23 PM
yes....

peripatetic
09-10-17, 11:34 PM
Absolutely

psychopathetic
09-11-17, 01:51 AM
Do you feel there are imaginary chains keeping you from living ?

Imaginary chains holding me back? ABSOLUTELY.

Prison? No. Not at all.

I've been to jail for a very short period before (18 days)...and there's really no comparison between living freely, and being locked up with other dudes beyond my control with very little to do with my time.

midnightstar
09-11-17, 01:51 AM
Yes, my brain

aeon
09-11-17, 02:00 AM
No, because I figured out that I had the key, so I unshackled myself.

Cheers,
Ian

Kaia.S
09-11-17, 07:51 AM
No, it feels more like the world is a prison and i'm the loose cannon flying around :scratch:

midnightstar
09-11-17, 09:07 AM
Imaginary chains holding me back? ABSOLUTELY.

Prison? No. Not at all.

I've been to jail for a very short period before (18 days)...and there's really no comparison between living freely, and being locked up with other dudes beyond my control with very little to do with my time.

You're brave psycho, I wouldn't last 5 minutes in a real jail :faint:

psychopathetic
09-11-17, 09:50 AM
No, it feels more like the world is a prison and i'm the loose cannon flying around :scratch:

I find this to be lovely, sad and funny in a tragic way...all at once. I don't know if I should smile, or frown or what lol. :o

You're brave psycho, I wouldn't last 5 minutes in a real jail :faint:

I sure didn't feel brave at the time...I learned quick that I had to act tough...but man I was a wreck! I was so scared!! lol

Emre22
09-11-17, 10:58 AM
Yes those chains are my responsibilities, i dont do things because i want
i do them because if i dont have , it has a cost
So i do not live for myself directly, i live for myself indirectly.

TheGreatKing
09-11-17, 03:08 PM
I had a taste of what prison would be like and man i love my life lol
I was thrown in a cell for 1 day just concrete cell it sucked, the bad part is at that point in my life i had earrings and the police officers cut them off me and took pictures of my tattoo's and then threw me into the cell for 24 hours, i am glad they did not keep me until my court date or transfer me to juvy because of my record for crime when i was a teenagers i thought for sure that is where i was going to end up. anyways i dont feel like its a prison physically but mentally.

userguide
09-11-17, 07:55 PM
No, because I figured out that I had the key, so I unshackled myself.

Cheers,
Ian

How did you ?

aeon
09-11-17, 08:51 PM
How did you ?

Lots of reading, the by-example teaching of others, and deep introspection leading to an understanding of myself where I realized that I was the creator of my own prison.

All shackles were due to feelings of shame and fear about the parts of myself that I hadn't accepted, didn't understand, and couldn't see clearly.

So in lifting the rock, I took a look at all the creepy-crawlies and realized they were beautiful.

My experience is that when you really know and understand who you are, what you need, and you accept those things and own the responsibility of those things, unconditionally, you are free.

Cheers,
Ian

ScatterBrainX
09-12-17, 04:53 AM
I used to.

But I'm working on cutting those chains, one by one.

I feel more free than I ever did.

stef
09-12-17, 06:11 AM
Only the real chains, of tasks and time constraints,
but no longer the imaginary ones.

Unmanagable
09-12-17, 08:16 AM
The chains of old beLIEfs used to keep me shackled and imprisoned, most especially in my own mind, but I've since learned that my consumption habits, my breath, and the time I invest in learning how to love myself healthily were the keys to cutting most of those shackles away.

Once I unlearned a whole lot of stuff and re-learned those three basic things I had never been healthily taught, although it takes a hell of a lot of ongoing effort, I've been fortunate enough to find it to be very worthwhile and freeing as f***, compared to how I used to feel.